shape
carat
color
clarity

Strange thing I realized today.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been a jewelry person, so I still don''t want more. However I have developed a real appreciation of the lovelies I see here on PS! And I love checking out rings in real life...my friend has a 2.3 RB Neil Lane ring and I tried it on. I have to admit...it looked lame on me...I could never get away with it. Still it was fun checking out bigger rocks.

I actually wish I could ask my friends to take off their rings so I can check it out with a loupe.
27.gif
It''s not about the ring for me...PS has gotten me totally interested in specs and what they translate into re: light return, fire, etc. But I''m pretty sure I wouldn''t have any more friends if I asked such a thing, so I just admire from afar and come here to see the big pics!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely want to spend (and have already spent!) more money because of PS! For instance, I somehow never even knew I needed a Cartier rolling ring until I saw so many on PS! Of course I own one now! Next on the list are some bezel set ACAs because of Wallerama''s perfect pair from thediamond.com!

Hahaha...but Harriet, you are definitely my PS hero!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 8:36:44 PM
Author: diamondfan
Gypsy, I did a lot of Baker and Karges in my home, they have lovely things.

Karges has lovely pieces, but they are a little too heavy for me at this point in time. One of my cousin''s has three beds by them, two twins in one of the guest rooms and one of their beautiful four poster beds in their daughter''s room. Very drool worthy stuff.

From Baker (high end furniture line Harriet... www.bakerfurniture.com) I LOVE their Barbra Barry and Thomas Pheasant collections. SO beautiful. The lines of their chairs-- especially those with some wood-- are just amazing.

Even with the discount I''m not sure I can justify the price tag at this point in time as real estate prices out here are SO ridiculous and we are going to need to sell our NJ home to buy something half the size (if that) out here in a couple of years. But my uncle told me the other night that he and his wife are looking for a new bedroom set, and I steered them that way so at least I''ll get to live vicariously for a while.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
It is drool-worthy stuff! Luckily, I can''t buy any since we have what we need.
2.gif
Also, it''s hard to justify sinking money into a rental.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 9:27:28 PM
Author: thing2of2
I definitely want to spend (and have already spent!) more money because of PS! For instance, I somehow never even knew I needed a Cartier rolling ring until I saw so many on PS! Of course I own one now! Next on the list are some bezel set ACAs because of Wallerama''s perfect pair from thediamond.com!

Maybe I should be banned for your sake and mine.
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 9:52:11 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 5/29/2007 9:27:28 PM

Maybe I should be banned for your sake and mine.
9.gif

Hahaha! That would be a sad day for PS and for me, Harriet! I''d have to find a new PS hero...I think diamondfan is up for the job, though!
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I chose Karges pieces that were less heavy, since I am young and did not want it to look like it came from my grandmother. I also mixed it up with some Grange and some pieces from antique stores so it is not matchy matchy or heavy looking. I love most of Baker''s collections, though I would not purchase some of the looks since they do not suit my home, I think it is all lovely. I really wanted to my bathroom with some Babara Barry chests as the sinks, but hubby would not go for it. Oh well, maybe next time! I think their things are great and very well made.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gang! Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend!

gyspy, this is an interesting question! I''m trying to figure out my answer. On the one hand, I don''t think I would have been so intrigued by asschers if it weren''t for PS. I can probably blame that purchase on the forums.
27.gif

However, I think I''m staying out of the jewelry stores more and just looking at all of the lovely pieces people post here. Staying out of the stores is key!
31.gif

Unfortunately, I was in Cartier a week or so ago and saw a gorgeous 2.5-carat oval with an impeccable micro-pave halo. It was the daintiest, prettiest setting I had seen in a long time. I obsessed about it for hours.
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 9:58:04 PM
Hahaha! That would be a sad day for PS and for me, Harriet! I''d have to find a new PS hero...I think diamondfan is up for the job, though!
3.gif
Aw. But, I can''t hold a candle to DF, Kaleigh or Starry anyway.
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd never heard of Grange. Your home sounds lovely! Classic and timeless with a little funk thown in for flair.

Thank you DS I've just found my dream bed... as long as they can do something with the feet. Not sure I love those. Rest is perfect though.

I love finding new furniture sites to browse. As much as I love jewelry... I have to admit that my first love is home furnishings.
30.gif

Grange bed.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 10:05:49 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 5/29/2007 9:58:04 PM

3.gif
Aw. But, I can''t hold a candle to DF, Kaleigh or Starry anyway.
1.gif

Nonsense! You''re right up there with all three of those lovely bejeweled ladies!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, Grange is a French line that has some really nice lines and finishes, and while expensive is not up there with Karges. I love Baker, but Karges blew me out of the water with some of their pricing. It is handmade and hand finished, and often hand painted, so the craftsmanship is there, but it can start to look too "much" and I felt we were too young to go that route. I like classic things, but also want my own stamp on things. The mix of things, including pieces from antique stores on Pine Street in Philadelphia, really helps it reflect me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 11:21:08 PM
Gypsy, Grange is a French line that has some really nice lines and finishes, and while expensive is not up there with Karges. I love Baker, but Karges blew me out of the water with some of their pricing. It is handmade and hand finished, and often hand painted, so the craftsmanship is there, but it can start to look too ''much'' and I felt we were too young to go that route. I like classic things, but also want my own stamp on things. The mix of things, including pieces from antique stores on Pine Street in Philadelphia, really helps it reflect me.
Ok, let''s go to Pine Street next!!!!
27.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anytime, Lisa! I got some great porcelains and things there, you have seen them when we have done jewel fest here!

We can go to lunch at the Four Seasons Swan Lounge first!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 11:28:30 PM
Anytime, Lisa! I got some great porcelains and things there, you have seen them when we have done jewel fest here!

We can go to lunch at the Four Seasons Swan Lounge first!
Sounds great!!
18.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I come? LOL.
9.gif

Df or anyone else:
Feel free to post any other furniture line that I could drool over.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 11:14:23 PM
Nonsense! You''re right up there with all three of those lovely bejeweled ladies!
Or so I aspire.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results