shape
carat
color
clarity

Shrinking Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a new pair of Paige Melrose in Greywall but they are too big
7.gif
. I sized up because my last pair were a little snug but I forgot to factor in I have lost weight and now the 30''s fit my perfectly but these 31''s are way too loose. I got them off ebay so I can''t return them but does anyone know a way to shrink them down size

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would say wash in hot water and then DRY DRY DRY. For hours if you can.

But short of that, no there isn''t much you can do unfortunately...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If that doesn''t work, you can always have them tailored. It''s expensive, but less expensive than a wasted pair of jeans.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
If memory serves Mara tried shrinking some jeans not too long ago with limited success. Hopefully she can chime in and affirm this. They tend to stretch back within one wearing. Ditto kcoursolle''s suggestion of tailoring. It shouldn''t be too expensive of a fix if it''s just the waist that needs nipped in and your jeans will fit perfectly!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 5:58:25 PM
Author: kcoursolle
If that doesn''t work, you can always have them tailored. It''s expensive, but less expensive than a wasted pair of jeans.

Just make sure the tailor can/will do this correctly! I had a tailor ruin 2 pairs of nice jeans when I tried to have them taken in...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 6:49:36 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/29/2007 5:58:25 PM
Author: kcoursolle
If that doesn't work, you can always have them tailored. It's expensive, but less expensive than a wasted pair of jeans.

Just make sure the tailor can/will do this correctly! I had a tailor ruin 2 pairs of nice jeans when I tried to have them taken in...
Yup!! Some are good at this, and some are just terrible, ask friends who they use. I'd wash first, see how that goes, then tailor.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks neatfreak and kimberley h I have hopped over to authentic forum and they talk of limted success washing. kcoursolle and Kaleigh I think I will just bite the bullet and get them taken in. Its the legs and butt that are baggy not the wasit which is a little lose but fine belted. I swear I have lost all my weight off my legs and butt which are not my problem areas

33.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
If you love the jeans, get them tailored. I end up having amost all my pants tailored and it''s worth every penny--I literally get compliments about how well my clothes fit... well, it''s the tailoring. I have jeans tailored all the time and the effect is fabulous.
1.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Consider re-selling them on e-bay, my daughter does it all the time. You can at least recoup a portion of it. And if it doesn''t sell you''re not out much. Or contact the seller and beg for a return. Sometimes they do that even if they say they won''t. Especially if you''re really nice.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Update. I washed them in my washer at 75 then put them in the driers. Sure they were slightly snug but 1 hour later bag to baggy daggy. I will defiantely have them tailored as the material in the blue heights is lovely and i love the colur for winter. Any tips I what I should ask for in how to run them in. The are loose acrss the bottom of my butt and in the thighs. I will leave the waist band as they are comfy with no muffin top ( australian humour)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Mara tried to shrink some jeans after she lost weight. Hopefully she will chime in for you. A good tailor will know EXACTLY where to take them in. Just a warning it might be expensive. I have to hem all my pants and a simple hem is around $12. I cannot imagine what it would cost to cut open the seams and resewing them. I hope it works out for you. Congrats on the weight lost!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they''re a dark wash I wouldn''t risk washing and drying them on high heat because the dye will fade immensely. If they are a lighter wash I say go for the washing/drying treatment to see if they shrink to your size. Otherwise, best bet is to take them to a tailor you trust who won''t charge an arm and a leg to size them down a bit for you. Also if you''re happy with the waist fit and not with the hips and thighs I would take them to a tailor no matter what to have them custom fit. It may be a bit expensive but you''ll end up with a pair of great fitting jeans that you''re happy with, and I think most of us would consider that priceless anyway, lol!
35.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, put them back on Ebay.

Alternatively if you live nearby or can give a branded jeans shop a call and ask them who they use for alterations that might be the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results