shape
carat
color
clarity

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
So I had a ring talk with my bf and I am kind of disappointed with how it went. I told him that I had been learning a lot about diamonds and I asked him how much he knew about them. He said he didn''t know very much about them (which I already knew). I asked if he had thought about whether he wanted to get the ring with or without me, and he said he hadn''t really thought about that yet, and is more concerned with trying to save the money for that, a house, etc.
I told him that I would like to go shopping sometime so that he and I can get an idea of what I like and he said that he didn''t want to go look now for the sake of looking. So basically, he doesn''t want to look into rings until he is in a better position to buy me one, and who knows how long that will take.
7.gif

The positive part to this sad story is that after this discussion which was basically all about money I said, "Well, let''s go work on your resume so that you can get a new job and make more money!" And we did. He was really excited about it and so thankful that I finally had him sit down and do it because he''s been putting it off. He likes where he works now because he''s been there since he was in high school and knows how to do everything, and he likes the people he works with. But he knows that he needs to do something else and get more money than he is right now. So the resume is completed and now the new job search begins! I''m thinking that if he ends up getting a better job and making more more money, maybe he''ll be so happy he''ll say, "Let''s go look at rings!"
1.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry the talk didnt go the way you wanted it too. I do think its smart of your boyfriend to be trying to get a house though. I didnt go looking at rings with D until we decided that we were definitely going to buy one, and I think it would have driven me up the wall if we had gone looking and I wasnt sure when I would get one. Try and relax as much as you can as you will get the ring when you''re both ready for it and it would be great if you had a house too

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Jewels,

I''m sorry that it didn''t go as you planned. I''ve kind of noticed lately that guys HATE to go just for the sake of buying (I think maybe they don''t like knowing that they''re going to have to go back to do the actual PURCHASING and that involves a garanteed second trip). I noticed that about my guy, although he seems to have no trouble looking at an endless string of HD televisions
20.gif

You''ll get there!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Jewels,

I can understand how disappointed you must be! But it DOES sound like your guy has a good head on his shoulders and just doesn''t want to bring your hopes up too much.

Have you thought of going to visit a jewelry store with a friend, just to see what''s out there and to get a taste of what you like? Even if you just go by yourself it can help you feel better and "prepare" for the future.
2.gif
Best of luck to ya!

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
i know how you feel! sometimes me and the bf talk about marriage so seriously, and others he doesnt even want to listen. its a good thing that he has his priorities in order though, id feel strange with a huge rock on my finger and my bf in major debt. hopefully with his resume all in order you wont have to wait too long! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results