shape
carat
color
clarity

Getting excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock

We are getting ready for our third annual trip to Palm Beach Thursday and I am salivating over the shopping. We go there because they have direct flights there and we have two little girls (1.5 and 3). I have staked out what is there and what is in the Bal Harbour shops too. In the past two years I have either been nursing or pregnant which made outings to shop short.

I can''t wait to try on those 6 carat rocks at Kaufmann de Suisse. They are always so friendly even though I told them I am on a jewelry moratorium until 2010. Graff''s is there too! Yeah!
Harry Winston is in Bal Harbour so I will get to go there too. Another favorite is the Pucci store. Last year, I didn''t buy anything because I wanted to wait til A) I found the perfect piece and B) I lost more of my remaining baby weight. They have a 40% off sale in early June, so if I find something, I can call back in a couple of weeks and get it for the sale price.

Last year, I didn''t buy a darn thing the whole time. Maybe I won''t buy anything this year. My birthday was last Sat and I told DH I wanted to pick out something down there but I really want something I love if it is expensive.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Have a ball, AF! I envy you!

I had planned to go to PB this winter, but my flight was cancelled and the whole thing fell through. I was so disappointed!
39.gif

...and come on...surely he''ll break down before 2010, won''t he??? Why not pick up a Graff or HW bauble on this trip!!
2.gif

widget

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 4:52:10 PM
Author: widget
Have a ball, AF! I envy you!

I had planned to go to PB this winter, but my flight was cancelled and the whole thing fell through. I was so disappointed!
39.gif

...and come on...surely he''ll break down before 2010, won''t he??? Why not pick up a Graff or HW bauble on this trip!!
2.gif

widget
I remember when you had to cancel your trip. I was sorry you couldn''t go.

Nahhh. We need too much stuff for our house. I really don''t want anything until then, believe it or not. (Will I get kicked off PS for saying this?) And by then, I will be much more likely to get my dream ring. (Which is currently a Harry Winston-esqe 3.5-4 carat RB set with baguettes on either side.) This could change 24 times by 2010. :)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I will be flying to PB this weekend too, Allison!!!! I am staying till Sunday...going for a wedding (at The Breakers- oh la la
emwink.gif
) and staying there all weekend too....I am SO EXCITED!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Maybe we'll run into eachother on Worth ave.??
2.gif
Have an awesome time!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 6:30:03 PM
Author: Dani
I will be flying to PB this weekend too, Allison!!!! I am staying till Sunday...going for a wedding (at The Breakers- oh la la
emwink.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maybe we''ll run into eachother on Worth ave.??
2.gif
36.gif
Wow, I just read this after I got home.
7.gif

We stayed at the Breakers! Did you have fun? Were you at the Firestone wedding? That was the only name we saw for a wedding. We were wondering if it was The Bachelors'' ANDREW but no way to find out really without quizzing staff.

Did you go to Worth Avenue? We stopped by a couple of times. I even got a few hours of kid-free time to shop! Woohoo!

Did you go to Kaufmann de Suisse? This is my favorite jewelry store down there. They were foaming at the mouth when I told them I wanted to upgrade someday but it was driving them crazy that I said it wouldn''t be for three or so more years. They kept trying to taunt me asking me what my favorite ring was. They even brought in several cushions from another store (including two 6 carat rings). One was pretty nice but really looked more like a radiant. The other was just downright gaudy on my size 4.5 fingers.

I saw the most beautiful piece of jewelry at Laura Munder (I think that is the name). It was a brazillian Peridot tourmaline (I am sure I have slaughtered this name terribly). I have wanted to see this stone for a year but didn''t know where to find it. They had a bracelet made out of what appeared to be 100 of them. It was about 2.5 inches wide and some of the stones had diamond halos. It was stunning. Also got to try on a five carat emerald cut ring at an store that sells only estate jewelry. The jewelry at this store was cool but it was VERY dated looking for the most part. A lot of vintage Cartier, Tiffany and Van Cleef stuff but it all looked like stuff your grandmother would wear. I guess there are tons of older people living down there so it must sell.

All in all, it was tons of fun. It is great because it is off season so there is hardly anyone around. What were the highlights of your trip?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2007 10:56:07 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

emwink.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maybe we'll run into eachother on Worth ave.??
2.gif
36.gif
7.gif

We stayed at the Breakers! Did you have fun? Were you at the Firestone wedding? That was the only name we saw for a wedding. We were wondering if it was The Bachelors' ANDREW but no way to find out really without quizzing staff.

Did you go to Worth Avenue? We stopped by a couple of times. I even got a few hours of kid-free time to shop! Woohoo!

Did you go to Kaufmann de Suisse? This is my favorite jewelry store down there. They were foaming at the mouth when I told them I wanted to upgrade someday but it was driving them crazy that I said it wouldn't be for three or so more years. They kept trying to taunt me asking me what my favorite ring was. They even brought in several cushions from another store (including two 6 carat rings). One was pretty nice but really looked more like a radiant. The other was just downright gaudy on my size 4.5 fingers.

I saw the most beautiful piece of jewelry at Laura Munder (I think that is the name). It was a brazillian Peridot tourmaline (I am sure I have slaughtered this name terribly). I have wanted to see this stone for a year but didn't know where to find it. They had a bracelet made out of what appeared to be 100 of them. It was about 2.5 inches wide and some of the stones had diamond halos. It was stunning. Also got to try on a five carat emerald cut ring at an store that sells only estate jewelry. The jewelry at this store was cool but it was VERY dated looking for the most part. A lot of vintage Cartier, Tiffany and Van Cleef stuff but it all looked like stuff your grandmother would wear. I guess there are tons of older people living down there so it must sell.

All in all, it was tons of fun. It is great because it is off season so there is hardly anyone around. What were the highlights of your trip?

Ha, ha...this is so funny Allison. We probably totally saw eachother, like at the pool or something!! What a small world!!

So funny about the Firestone wedding!! We saw a little bit of that wedding (peeked in to look)- it looked totally amazing and EXPENSIVE. Probably 250+ people.

The wedding we attended was on Sat. night as well (Kosova/Skoylar wedding). You may have seen the signs, the ceremony was held in a small room near where the Firestone wedding was, and then the reception was held at a restaurant right off of the pool area that was really nice. The food was wonderful, the service was superb. It was my first time there, and I would definitely go again...

The trip was quick, my friend who I went with was in the wedding party, so he was off doing things all weekend, and I was left alone a lot. It was fine though, I had plenty of time to relax, and the weather was wonderful!! My skin did get very burnt though...did not reapply my sunscreen as much as I should have, and I am still recovering/peeling/applying my aloe gel religiously!!!!
2.gif

Believe it or not, we made it only to Worth Ave on Sunday, right before we were going to leave, and we didnt know, but everything was closed!! I was so disappointed!! Oh well- I will plan for that next time I'm there!!

Hopefully you and your family enjoyed yourselves and had plenty of time to relax!! I *heart* PB!!!!
2.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2007 10:56:07 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

emwink.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maybe we''ll run into eachother on Worth ave.??
2.gif
36.gif
7.gif

We stayed at the Breakers! Did you have fun? Were you at the Firestone wedding? That was the only name we saw for a wedding. We were wondering if it was The Bachelors'' ANDREW but no way to find out really without quizzing staff.

Did you go to Kaufmann de Suisse? This is my favorite jewelry store down there. They were foaming at the mouth when I told them I wanted to upgrade someday but it was driving them crazy that I said it wouldn''t be for three or so more years. They kept trying to taunt me asking me what my favorite ring was. They even brought in several cushions from another store (including two 6 carat rings). One was pretty nice but really looked more like a radiant. The other was just downright gaudy on my size 4.5 fingers.

I saw the most beautiful piece of jewelry at Laura Munder (I think that is the name). It was a brazillian Peridot tourmaline (I am sure I have slaughtered this name terribly). I have wanted to see this stone for a year but didn''t know where to find it. They had a bracelet made out of what appeared to be 100 of them. It was about 2.5 inches wide and some of the stones had diamond halos. It was stunning. Also got to try on a five carat emerald cut ring at an store that sells only estate jewelry. The jewelry at this store was cool but it was VERY dated looking for the most part. A lot of vintage Cartier, Tiffany and Van Cleef stuff but it all looked like stuff your grandmother would wear. I guess there are tons of older people living down there so it must sell.

HI:

Your trip sounded like fun AF!! The biggest treat for me is to visit those Estate shops--there are one''s in Sarasota and Palm Springs that I routinely dream of---maybe if I win the 27 million Lotto tonight, I''ll fly down next week and shop to my hearts content!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results