shape
carat
color
clarity

I am new to this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I have been checking this forum out for a little while now, and have enjoyed reading all about diamonds, rings, and LIWs!!

I guess I should put myself into this category now.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years, this August, and we have lived together for 18 months.

We have been discussing marriage and engagement at length. We are not officially engaged yet, but we have now selected a ring, which is very exciting. So, I''ve got at least until early July to hold tight and not obsess too much about the beautiful piece of jewellery that will be made for me. Its going to be tough! (Its a 1.1 carat, D, Si1 cushion cut which will be set in a fine band with 5 baguettes on each side... hard to explain, but hopefully it will turn out to be a lovely ring).

And then when it is time for my boyfriend to collect the ring, there is no guarantee of an instant proposal! AARRRGGGHHH!!

I may well need some support in getting through the next couple of months!!

We have been really quiet about the ring shopping, as I don''t want family and friends to jump the gun and assume we are already engaged. My parents (my mum in particular) will just not get it!! So, its time for me to stay calm and focus on other things!!

The worst temptation for me, is that the jeweller is a 5 minute walk from my office building...
2.gif

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
congrats! and good luck trying to stay away from the jewelery store!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome!! Hope you wait is short and sweet!! It sounds like a lovely ring!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it won''t be long for you.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting for you! Welcome!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to all for your responses...

I really hope it won''t take too long, but he is a born procrastinator.

I think that''s why he let me choose the ring - so that he didn''t have to make any decisions on his own! Otherwise it would be 2020 and I''d be practically in a nursing home on a porch rocker, waiting for him to choose between round brilliant and princess cut
20.gif

Don''t worry, I may not be waiting long for the ring itself, but I''ve been waiting quite awhile for the whole thing to happen (seen so many people sail past us with engagements and marriages and although I know its not a race or a contest, sometimes its hard not to think "when is it going to be my turn?")

I also hope that I can give some moral support to all of you lovely forum members over the next couple of months
9.gif

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!

I feel your pain- my boyfriend has got procrastination down to an art form. Though I can''t really say that he''s procrastinating on engagement because we''ve only been together for a year and a half, I imagine like your boyfriend I''ll only get the ring with a lot of hand holding, haha.
I hope you don''t have to wait too much longer for the proposal!
1.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Hope your turn comes quickly! Your ring sounds lovely...I am a huge cushion fan!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ness. Cushions are really hard to come by where I am (Melbourne, Australia). They aren''t particularly popular out here yet (round brilliants are still the number one choice of course). So, when I was seeing loose stones, often vendors would only have a handful to choose from. We were just lucky that one of the first jewellers we stopped in on had a beautiful stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results