shape
carat
color
clarity

E-Pics Outfit Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I am reaching out as a fashion-impaired bride to be, hoping you guys can point me in a direction to find an appropriate engagement photo outfit:

- going for a casual look (we are getting shots done outdoors at our venue, anywhere from stone walls, wildflower fields, old barns/train depots)

-it''s on June 7th in upstate new york- could be hot, otherwise i''d wear jeans and a cute top (i''m a jeans/khakis kind of girl)
i''m thinking a casual dress or skirt/top, but the shoes can''t be heels (outdoor walking, grass etc.), so wedges? cute sandals?

-i''m a size 12, definite Pear shape

what are your fave clothing sites to shop/get ideas from? i appreciate your help

Thank you!!!
Fashion- clueless Labbie

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Labbie,

I always like the skirt/top look for something casual yet still nice. I think nice sandals (leather maybe) would round out the outfit quite nicely. However, I would say your look should partially depend on what your fiance is going to wear. I''ve seen e-pics where the guy is in a t-shirt and jeans and the girls is all dolled up. Needless to say that looks kind of silly. So, if you wear a skirt, maybe your guy should wear khakis and a button down shirt or something that is, again, more casual but still nice. You don''t need to color coordinate or anything, but just make sure you''re on the same page in terms of dressiness.

As for my favorite clothings shops, I like Ann Taylor/ Ann Taylor Loft mostly because their clothes fit me really well (they are just cut to my somewhat weird proportions). But, for you I would just go with whatever store you know has clothes that are cut to fit you well!

Finally, I don''t mean to thread jack, but you said you were in upstate NY and your venue sounds cool from what you mentioned (wildflowers, barns, etc). I''m also in upstate and my fiance and I are just starting to research wedding sites. Is there any chance you could tell me the name of your site? We could use all the wedding site ideas we can get! Thanks.

Good luck finding an outfit for the photo session. Above all, make sure its something you are comfortable in. Your photo shoot won''t be any fun if you have to readjust your clothes between every shot.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Havernell about making sure you and your hubby-to-be are on the same dressy/casual scale.

Personally, I like the Spiegel catalog for outfit ideas. Often, I get ideas from there but not necessarily the clothes (even though I have loved the clothes and shoes I have gotten from there). I also like La Redoute (althogh that can be a hit or miss at times). Ann Taylor Loft is definitely a fave of mine, too, but more for work clothes. Still, Ann Taylor Loft/Ann Taylor does have some great stuff (I even got my bridesmaid dresses from Ann Taylor).

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 11:24:27 AM
Author: havernell
Hi Labbie,

I always like the skirt/top look for something casual yet still nice. I think nice sandals (leather maybe) would round out the outfit quite nicely. However, I would say your look should partially depend on what your fiance is going to wear. I''ve seen e-pics where the guy is in a t-shirt and jeans and the girls is all dolled up. Needless to say that looks kind of silly. So, if you wear a skirt, maybe your guy should wear khakis and a button down shirt or something that is, again, more casual but still nice. You don''t need to color coordinate or anything, but just make sure you''re on the same page in terms of dressiness.

As for my favorite clothings shops, I like Ann Taylor/ Ann Taylor Loft mostly because their clothes fit me really well (they are just cut to my somewhat weird proportions). But, for you I would just go with whatever store you know has clothes that are cut to fit you well!

Finally, I don''t mean to thread jack, but you said you were in upstate NY and your venue sounds cool from what you mentioned (wildflowers, barns, etc). I''m also in upstate and my fiance and I are just starting to research wedding sites. Is there any chance you could tell me the name of your site? We could use all the wedding site ideas we can get! Thanks.

Good luck finding an outfit for the photo session. Above all, make sure its something you are comfortable in. Your photo shoot won''t be any fun if you have to readjust your clothes between every shot.
Thank you for the input- that''s the problem, I need to find what store fits me well! It''s very hit or miss.
Not sure how ''upstate'' you are- I am in Rochester NY, which is technically Western NYS. Sometimes folks consider anything north of NYC to be upstate!
If you are in this area by chance, we are getting married at Genesee Country Village & Museum in Mumford NY and I would highly recommend it, the coordinators are wonderful and it''s a place we both love anyway, which makes it special for us.
If you aren''t in this area, I would suggest looking into "barns for rent" or apple orchards, farms, etc. in your area or even a state/local park with a nice lodge - I was surprised to find for instance in our area that there is an apple orchard that does weddings- in an absolutely amazing building- who knew?!
You just never know where you can have a wedding until you dig a little deeper past the typical venues. Good luck!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
labbie, before you decide on really casual clothing for your wedding day, think about how you want your wedding photos to look years from now. Do you want to look like a bride? Is that important to you? I never thought I would wear a bridey dress but you know what? I want to LOOK like a bride on my wedding day. Perhaps you could look into BM dresses? Most come in many colors including white, ivory, champagne, taupe, etc....which all could double as a wedding dress. Also, have you checked out both online Target and Nordstrom''s? Both have a really great selection (Target has Isaac Mizrahi doing wedding dresses now, I didn''t look at the BM dresses though), and Nordies online has a wonderful selection of both wedding dresses (but many are more casual) as well as BM dresses. They even have a category under their Bridal area for weddings that are "casual" and "garden"...check it out...You might find something there and it''s all available now and returnable!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results