shape
carat
color
clarity

Shoes to wear with shorts for men

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My husband (age 48) is in need of shoes to wear with summer shorts. His normal style is fairly conservative. He doesn''t wear athletic style stuff at all. He refuses to wear any sort of sandal...feels men''s toes should never be on display. He doesn''t wear sneakers either. He does not wear socks with his summer shoes. In the past, he has worn a variety of boat shoes which we could easily buy again.

But I''m looking for other style ideas? Any suggestions?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well I think your husband should just go barefoot
emsmilep.gif

I think men look nice when they wear loafers with shorts. Maybe just take him to a shoe store & have him try on different styles or ask the sales associate what they recommend.?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like loafers on men too, think it''s a nice look.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Men''s shoes look so much the same to me. Can you link to a picture of the right kind of loafer for shorts? I''m thinking dressy loafers and I''m sure that''s not right.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Birkenstock. I love them on men.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 3:46:08 PM
Author: IslandDreams
Men''s shoes look so much the same to me. Can you link to a picture of the right kind of loafer for shorts? I''m thinking dressy loafers and I''m sure that''s not right.
Not sure if we can post links on here, but check out Timberland''s "Youngstown" or Giorgio Brutini''s "68823" on Zappos. They''d both look fantastic with khaki shorts, especially the Timberlands.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! born, clark and speery all make a comfortable men''s loafer. the styles i saw were more of a driving style as opposed to a penny loafer. we have had good experiences with both men''s and women''s shoes from these companies. hth.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
sperry top siders
birkenstock arizona, monterey, milano, oslo, or boston.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
DH used to not want to wear sandals or flip flops with shorts too. But then I got him to buy one and now he loves it. Tell your DH to try it, he might end up liking it.

DH has this flip flop by Born in brown, which has really good cushioning and a little more dressy.

This loafer by Born would look nice with shorts too.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
landsend.com

I think boat shoes always look super classy, but casual.

62575_AJ06_M1_DBR.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
the born you posted would not be my husband''s choice but if your husband likes it i think it will look fine. if he likes this style i would buy it for him and save myself any more searching. since he likes the boat shoe i would get a pair of those also so he has some versatility.

i thought i saw a non-clunky plain style i will go back and look.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i have tried to edit to add this but mozilla won''t let me. the plain looking loafer by clark is a racer and i also saw rockport makes one. they do not have the conventional sole so he may not like them but i don''t think they have the clunky look he doesn''t like.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
If he won''t wear sneaks, sandals, or sporty sandals, that basically leaves loafers!!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a selection.

mens_shoes.jpg

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
LOL, it must be something about 40something men. My husband is 42 and refuses to show his toes in public too. I have bought him many pairs over many years of sandels or flip flops, birkenstocks etc and always end up returning them because he says no. I have given up.

His standard is socks with some type of sneakers/athletic type shoes. He even refuses boat type shoes. Oh well, stubborn man. Can''t teach a stubborn man new tricks.

My husband won''t be seen without a collar type shirt either. His whole summer wardrobe is khaki type shorts and some type of polo type shirt. He can be rather uptight for sure. But Oh well. After more than decade of being married I have pretty much stopped trying to dress him!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I finally gave in and ordered my husband a few options from Sperry Topsider. They are still loafers. I can''t convince him at all to wear sandals. He thinks men''s toes should never be on view...even those his toes are just fine. He doesn''t think ANY guy should wear sandals.

He also isn''t into the more casual look of sneakers or many of the fun canvas option. He wears size 13 and feel they just make his feet look huge.

Hopefully he''ll like the Sperries.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe ID..good luck. greg wears flip flops but that is the only ''sandal'' he will wear. i had an ex who was foreign, he liked to look good and was so much more relaxed than most american men about dress and what he would wear. he had the cutest shoes, i remember them, they were brown leather, closed toe but ''woven'' sandals that were round at the front and then had a buckle around the heel. they were perfect for summer, i wonder if they are still around. greg would not wear these but he''d wear flip flops, go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results