shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave halo split crown settings for yellow diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

26sfdgsdfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

27adfgsdfg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

28dfgsfdg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

29sdfgsfdg.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 11:57:28 PM
Author: decodelighted
HOLY MOLY ... it''s a SMORGASBORG!!!
30.gif
18.gif
yeah baby!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2007 10:40:36 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
If someone has any magic photoshop skills, I would be most appreciative if you could (a) get the top sapphire ring to climb off of the other one, and (b) make the stone yellow to give me a better idea of what it would really look like (I''m SO bad an visualizing things).
26.gif

Deeyellow4.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deeyellow4.jpg
30.gif
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW -- I go to bed and look at all the great stuff I wake up to!!

Irina, I LOVE THAT MARK PATTERSON WITH A YELLOW STONE! Thank you for photoshopping that!

And Kcoursolle, you are such a wealth of info and pics! Seriously, I''m tempted to send you my stone (when I finally find it, LOL) and just let you take over the project.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kcoursolle, do you know what designer this is?

Also, was that Mara''s hand with the three rings stacked on her finger during her Whiteflash visit?

Yellow123.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:27:27 AM

Also, was that Mara''s hand with the three rings stacked on her finger during her Whiteflash visit?
no, joe escobar in san jose, pretty sure...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Dee Jay, that setting looks like a Toby Rhinehart. I have some saved that look a lot like that. I''ll check.
I have to say, I''m cruising through this thread and saving tons of gorgeous rings!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Toby Rhinehart (sp) #35968

35968xtobyReinhardt.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Toby Rhinehart # 36424

TobyRhinehart36424.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info Ann!

BTW, I just got a call about an oval that might be available to look at today...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ I''m loving this project of yours....I adore these split shank settings and secretly covet one! I can''t wait to see the fruit of all this labor!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 10:29:52 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

Also, was that Mara's hand with the three rings stacked on her finger during her Whiteflash visit?
no, joe escobar in san jose, pretty sure...
Correct.

And I ditto FG on loving this project and coveting one as well.
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

I found this particular setting at firenzejewelry.com and the other rings are joe escobar from mara''s visit.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 8:27:38 AM
Author: Pricescope

Date: 5/13/2007 10:40:36 PM
If someone has any magic photoshop skills, I would be most appreciative if you could (a) get the top sapphire ring to climb off of the other one, and (b) make the stone yellow to give me a better idea of what it would really look like (I''m SO bad an visualizing things).
26.gif
This is really pretty!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2007 9:23:19 AM
WOW -- I go to bed and look at all the great stuff I wake up to!!

Irina, I LOVE THAT MARK PATTERSON WITH A YELLOW STONE! Thank you for photoshopping that!

And Kcoursolle, you are such a wealth of info and pics! Seriously, I'm tempted to send you my stone (when I finally find it, LOL) and just let you take over the project.
Oh gosh, that would be so much fun!! Too bad I don't have any friends who would seriously let me do that, I could totally be an awesome "jewelry personal shopper"! Is there an actual job title where I could do this? I would seriously quit my Ph.D. work right now and start on that LOL.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yum, I love yellow diamonds. I can''t wait to see it DeeJay
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I just got back from a stroll down Wabash. There were some diamond dealers recommended to me last week but they aren't open on the weekends so I tried them today. In one place I asked for what I wanted and he started laughing and said I have the whole Row in a mad scramble to find me my yellow stone! He said he's already gotten five calls in the past week from people looking for want I want. Oh well, the good news is now that I've exhausted the Row they're starting to go to their other (NY, LA, overseas) vendors to find me some things. One of the jewelers said she will have some stones in from Belgium and Israel for me to look at tomorrow. She was hoping they would come today but I guess the overseas shipping took longer than she expected. And now that I've spent some time looking at pics of yellow ovals I'm getting a little excited to see that one too. I wasn't overly fond of the idea in the beginning, but if it looks like a few of the ones I'm seeing on line it will be gorgeous!

I also had an interesting conversation with my insurance company. I called to ask if I purchased a loose stone and had it appraised whether I could add it to my policy to cover for damage during the setting. The upshot was that I should get the stone and have them put it in the absolute cheapest setting possible, have it appraised and added to policy as a whole ring, and the stone will then be covered for damage during any subsequent resetting. A little crazy, but I can work with it...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Dee Jay are you looking at yellow ovals or yellow radiants/cushions?
And how big, tee hee?

I love big yellow radiants or cushions. M. Beaudry had a yellow radiant a few years
ago that was just gorgeous.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I just visited a yellow oval that has become my "fall back" stone in case I don't find anything I like better.

2.85 ct
oval modified brilliant
10.28 X 7.62 X 4.58
60.1% depth
72% table***
12.5% crown
31.8 pavilion
Ex thick girdle (I *should* mind this but I don't because I have an irrational fear of chipping my girdle!)
culet - none
G polish
G symmetry
VS2
Light yellow (Y-Z)
Strong blue fluor***

*** These are the things that I don't love. Also, it is EGL certed.

One question: The cert says "Natural Diamond Report" There's nothing under the comments section; can I take this to mean the stone has not be heated, treated, or enhanced in any way?

I took three pics that I'll post later when I get home, but I have to meet a client to write a contract at 5:00 so it won't be for several hours yet (just trying to manage the expectations of you hungry bling monsters, LOL!).

BTW, I was looking at the info on a stone that I found from the PS home page that is listed by USA Certed. USA lists the color as "Y" but when I use GIA Report Check it is listed as in the S to T range. (???)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey DeeJay, have you seen these stones at the DBL site? Unfortunately, I know nothing about cut quality in fancy stones and whether these are great...but I thought I would post them since they are along the lines of what you are looking for.

Normally I would say this stone is shallow, but it faces up large and maybe these things don''t matter so much in a fancy color? Here''s a nice large U-V square radiant.
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=207&rn=551&action=show_detail

Here''s a Y-Z oval in the 2-3 carats range. I know nothing about ovals to say anything about cut...
http://rockdiamond.com/index.php?crn=207&rn=787&action=show_detail

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kcoursolle, the 3.04 square radiant is sold, but it hasn''t been taken down from the website yet.

I do like that oval, an I very well may end up calling it in, along with a radiant that DBL has.

Here are a few pics of the oval that I saw today. The stone is not as dark in person as it is in these pictures. Also, one of the things I like about this stone that I am not finding in A LOT of the other yellows I''ve looked at is consistency of color. There are no dead or dark zones in person, even though the pics show a bit of darkness in some spots. In MANY of the stones I''ve seen IRL the dead spots just glare right up at you immediately, or at the very least, become so obvious with the slightest tilt of the stone.

Yellow 10001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little farther away.

Yellow 20001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full hand.

BTW, it''s too bad I don''t want this exact setting becuase most of the stones I''ve seen are set in a delicate pave halo with a split shank!

Yellow 30001.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow DJ...that looks really nice!
18.gif
Is it GIA color graded?

You''re right..it''s ashame that''s not the mounting you''re after. But I''m with you. I''d want it entirely YG or rose gold. (That''s what you''re after, isn''t it?)

Would they sell you that stone unmounted?

widget

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, the cert is from EGL USA. I would indeed take the stone unmounted. My perference (at this moment, LOL!) would be to have it set in one like Irina photoshopped for me, having the corners a little more squarred off rather than following the stone exactly so that the halo itself was a bit more cushion-y. Do you think with the careful placement of pave stones and prongs that would look ok?

widget

Ideal_Rock
I dunno DJ...LOL...I''m sure it would look OK, but I''m not the one to ask because if it were me, I wouldn''t want any halo!

OK...IF I were to get a halo, I''d prefer it''s shape to match the stone...but that''s just me. If I wanted a cushion shaped halo, I''d hold out for a cushion shaped stone.
1.gif

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results