shape
carat
color
clarity

WF heart pendant, and not too pleased

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
I woke up real early today just to check in on my mailbox for the photos of my heart pendant.

Let''s just say I liked it, until my eyes spotted something different from the CAD images.

There is a BAR of metal just above the upper V of the heart, whereas the CAD shows TWO PRONGS. The bar looks rough to me.

I am rather disappointed. I emailed WF rightaway not to ship my pendant out. If the CAD showed a BAR, I would not have approved the CAD. I really prefer the dainty look of two prongs there rather than one BAR.

I really need your opinion on that bar.... does it look rough to you too, masculine, less dainty?

Please help!

MMCAD1.JPG

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Still no bar, two prongs instead

MMCAD2.JPG

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
And the finished product...

MMpendantfinished.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t worry. Just a quick email/phone call to WF will fix it. I am going to guess that making the bar into two prongs won''t be a problem. It will just be a small delay, but at least you''ll get exactly what you want. It''s a beautiful pendant!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure WF will sort this out for you.
1.gif

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean, that would bug me too. I''m sure WF will make it right!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

In the CAD, I see two prongs smooched together. In the final piece, it seems to me that the two prongs were smooched at the center, creating what you call a "bar". I am more bothered by it in the 45 degree view, as it seems to be higher than the other prongs. I confess I don''t like the CAD to start with, as the smooched prongs already seem rather rough to me.

By the way, what is going on at the bottom V? The inside line seems very confusing to me, not nicely defined like the CAD.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure they will work this out to your satisfaction. WF cares about pleasing their customers. Call them tomorrow and have a chat.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:26:26 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

In the CAD, I see two prongs smooched together. In the final piece, it seems to me that the two prongs were smooched at the center, creating what you call a ''bar''. I am more bothered by it in the 45 degree view, as it seems to be higher than the other prongs. I confess I don''t like the CAD to start with, as the smooched prongs already seem rather rough to me.

By the way, what is going on at the bottom V? The inside line seems very confusing to me, not nicely defined like the CAD.

It looks like they added another prong between the 2 diamonds inside the heart at the bottom. It wasn''t there in the CADS.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Ok I got worried and picked up the phone as well. I spoke to Vera and she said she''ll have the production team sort it out. It would be perfect if they can sort that out nicely.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:30:37 PM
Author: luvmyhalo
Date: 10/7/2008 7:26:26 PM

Author: Lady_Disdain

In the CAD, I see two prongs smooched together. In the final piece, it seems to me that the two prongs were smooched at the center, creating what you call a ''bar''. I am more bothered by it in the 45 degree view, as it seems to be higher than the other prongs. I confess I don''t like the CAD to start with, as the smooched prongs already seem rather rough to me.

It looks like they added another prong between the 2 diamonds inside the heart at the bottom. It wasn''t there in the CADS.

Lady_Disdain & luvmyhalo,
is it normal for the finished product to have such alterations made by the jeweler? I was actually expecting it to look like the CAD. Now that you''ve mentioned it, I am looking at the bottom V and it looks heavy. Like my big bottom. Oh no... I want it more sleek and clean looking, if you know what I mean...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:32:20 PM
Author: missyminx
Ok I got worried and picked up the phone as well. I spoke to Vera and she said she''ll have the production team sort it out. It would be perfect if they can sort that out nicely.

I am sure they''ll take care of it. They are usually very responsive if you point something out to them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the two prongs much better than the bar.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
I''m giving the pendant a good eye-over and here''s what I can see and would like to be done:

- Move the prong at the top of the bottom V, slightly lower so the hollow heart looks more defined

- Push the third stones from the bottom, just a little bit outward... like 3/10th of an mm

Your comments on this please.

Thanks.

MMpendantfinished1.JPG

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
totally agree with your concerns - but i love your necklace, provided the bar becomes 2 prongs. it is "hung" in the perfect place, IMO. LOVE it! will definitely check back to see neck pics!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:59:59 PM
Author: mommy2iz
totally agree with your concerns - but i love your necklace, provided the bar becomes 2 prongs. it is ''hung'' in the perfect place, IMO. LOVE it! will definitely check back to see neck pics!

I agree. I love it with the exception of the bar.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
how big are the diamonds? These closeup pictures make everything look bigger than in person. I''m sure WF will fix all of your concerns.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/7/2008 7:49:24 PM
I''m giving the pendant a good eye-over and here''s what I can see and would like to be done:

- Move the prong at the top of the bottom V, slightly lower so the hollow heart looks more defined

- Push the third stones from the bottom, just a little bit outward... like 3/10th of an mm

Thanks.
I agree with the first comment.

I looked at that third stone for quide a long while and I like the current position. Your suggestion would make the sides straight, which is more usual. However, I like the slight curve the current position gives it - makes the outline more distinctive and slightly more delicate.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/7/2008 7:49:24 PM
I'm giving the pendant a good eye-over and here's what I can see and would like to be done:

Thanks.
Missy, have you checked with WF if the photo was taken at a slight angle..?
I do agree with you about the "bar", that should be changed.
I'm sure they will make it perfect, its very pretty!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bar looks a bit out of place to me, but I love the rest of it! I am sure that they will make it just perfect for you!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Personally I like the swoopy shape of the heart, and would leave the bottom of it as is. As far as the bar goes, it may look totally different when not magnified so much. Only you can decide what you do or don''t like, but maybe they could send you some more life-size pictures to see before you decide.

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
You all are the best! Thanks for all your comments!

Jelly we used 7point stones each.

Lady_disdain, I looked and looked again, and agree the only other modification is the prong above the bottom V.

So I present my final modification. I''m quite happy with this one. Your opinions on this one is again much appreciated.

MMpendantfinished3.JPG

missyminx

Shiny_Rock
This is a comparison between moving the bottom prong down vs existing prong.
I've sized it down to imagine what it would look like in real life.

edited: pls ignore the black line on the existing pendant pic. Didn't realise I'd drawn right across it!

MMpendantcomparison.JPG

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly it doesn''t bother me at all...it just looks like the way the prongs were supposed to lay...the way the top of the heart makes a sharp angle. And CADs aren''t exact, from what I''ve heard on here.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly it doesn''t bother me at all...it just looks like the way the prongs were supposed to lay...the way the top of the heart makes a sharp angle. And CADs aren''t exact, from what I''ve heard on here.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I agree the bar needs to be fixed but otherwise it looks gorgeous
36.gif
36.gif

planet_jp

Rough_Rock
In the CAD, the prong at the top of the bottom V is missing altogether, which gives it a more delicate, open look. I wonder if that prong needs to be there at all? It''s a beautiful pendant!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Late to this thread, but I have to agree that you should definitely call WF and ask them to fix the "bar." I actually like the extra prong on the bottom, I think it makes the heart look less generic. Either way you can''t go wrong!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that you need to change the bar and also move the bottom stones around so that the "inner" heart is more defined. The inner outline of the CAD had a defined heart, but the actual picture didn''t...

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant. It looks practically perfect to me except for that bar, which is easily fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results