shape
carat
color
clarity

My signed pieces sapphire band!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
So, I was looking for a sapphire band awhile back, spent way too many hours obsessing about what I wanted and changed my mind only about 600 times.
emwink.gif
This is a congratulations gift from my husband- I got a full scholarship (and teaching assistantship) for grad school! We ended up going with the Signed Pieces maternity ring, but only halfway around because the idea of sapphires on the inside of my hand was just absurd for my clumsy nature.
emsmile.gif
It came in today, and to quote Woobug (who helped me decide on all sapphires), WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! The ring is platinum, 3.4 mm, channel set with 14 stones at .7 ctw, size 7.5. The 14 stones turned out perfectly because from the top it looks like an eternity band, I can't see any metal on the sides! The stones are gorgeous, they are electric blue in the sunlight and sparkle more than I have even seen from a sapphire. The blue is perfect, not too light and not too dark, doesn't look black from a distance like one of my other sapphire rings does. The workmanship is perfect, the stones don't have space between them and it looks as nice as the Tiffany version I tried on. It is a little thinner than I imagined, but I think it looks better than a thicker ring would. It looks bigger in the pictures than in real life, but I think it's substantial enough to wear alone, and it looks nice stacked with my other rings too.

Please forgive my unmanicured hands and swollen Japan-humidity fingers, but I just wanted to post pictures!!

wholehandsunjen.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
ignore the fuzz I've already managed to get on it!

sapphirecollagejen.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
I hope you don''t mind all the pictures!

handsapphirejen.JPG

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
I realized I never posted my wedding jewelry! The ring is for my right hand, I got it at the Navy Exchange here and it is gorgeous. It's 14K white gold, .17 ctw diamonds, and a .33 or .5 sapphire, it's around 4.5 mm or so. It is beautiful, it's small but perfect, the blue showed up in all my wedding pictures! It looks great with my new ring too.
2.gif
For some reason the picture is making the diamonds look crappy but they are very clear and sparkly, I just can't seem to get a good picture of it. The necklace is 14K white gold also, my wedding gift from my parents, it sparkles insanely, and looked perfect with my dress- it had a V neckline so it looked really nice. I wear it all the time now, it looks great casual or dressy.
26.gif

weddingjewelsjen.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Everything is so lovely! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

FD21Bride

Shiny_Rock
I bet that new band would look yummy with that sapphire right hand ring
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that band from SP. The color on those sapphs is beautiful!

As for your wedding jewelry,
30.gif
I am loving that ring!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Love the pretty blue!!! I''m a sapphire lover too!

And your wedding jewelry is spectacular!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the sapphires look very high quality!! What a beautiful band, the color is just amazing!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, congrats!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. The sapphire ring is an amazing color of blue. Also your right hand ring....more pretty sapphires!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, that is the most beautiful ring! The blue is spectacular. This is what I want for NEXT years anniversary for me! Congratulations
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you love it (since I am thinking about getting one). Good to know they will do it 1/2 way also. Congrats on grad school! That is fantastic!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Wear them in good health.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all!
1.gif
I really, really like it! I wore it to work today and it even sparkled under the terrible elementary-school classroom lights.
30.gif
I can''t get over how nice the blue is, and I didn''t realize sapphires could sparkle this much! The workmanship on the ring is perfect- and I''m a little psycho about that stuff. I thought I wanted a wider band, but am really glad I got this one, it''s just right. It''s so elegant, not "too much" for every day and really nice and sparkly. Oh and check it out with my wedding sapphire (excuse the puffy hands again!), even though they don''t match I think they look really nice together. I definitely recommend Signed Pieces, the order was completely painless and customizing it was no problem. Thanks again for the kind words!

stackjensapphire.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love it and your wedding jewelry is TDF!! The color is just gorgeous and I love how it looks next to your other sapphire ring!! Congratulations.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG they look gorgeous together!!!!! I love love love that hand shot!
36.gif
36.gif

Tension7

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!!congrats

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, love your band from SP and your wedding jewelry is soooo pretty!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I really love your sapphire halo. I don''t think it looks small at all. It is just yummy. Me wants one.
30.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Each of your rings looks fabulous on its own, and together they're a dynamite combination!
30.gif
I especially love the look of your halo ring! It kind of reminds me of my new sapphire pendant (posted in the \"Colored Stones\" forum), which is also 14kt white gold with an eight-sided border surrounding a center sapphire, but my "halo" is composed of wire filigree and four small diamonds. I love my pendant, but in terms of diamond sparkle, my pendant pales in comparison to the melee blingage on your ring!
10.gif

Enjoy your treasures!

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
Your wedding set is beautiful. The sapphire eternity band and the sapphire halo e-ring look great together!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Gothgrrl, thanks! I know the sapphire is not really small, I just meant it's small by PS standards!
9.gif
I absolutely love the ring! I bought it as a gift to myself a few months before my wedding (I had gotten a bonus at work and definitely deserved something special with all the job stress at that time!!), and it happened to go perfectly with the necklace my parents got me for the wedding. It was also my "something blue"!! I was kind of surprised to find it at the exchange, it's definitely nicer than what they typically carry.

And omg, Singingbell, your sapphire pendant is gorgeous!! and it totally matches my ring, I may just have to borrow your idea someday when I get some more money!
31.gif

Thanks again all for your kind comments and for sharing my excitement! I am loving this ring, and I'm glad you guys understand how thrilled I am because my friends just think I'm silly.
10.gif

And thanks for the congrats on school, I'm really excited! I'm going to be studying music education, it's going to be great! I can't wait for the fall semester to start!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
That''s just gorgeous - love the set together!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 8:46:41 AM
Author: jennalyns
And omg, Singingbell, your sapphire pendant is gorgeous!! and it totally matches my ring, I may just have to borrow your idea someday when I get some more money!
31.gif

How funny! I was thinking the exact same thing about your ring!
9.gif
There''s nothing quite like Pricescope to make our jewelry wish list grow exponentially...
11.gif

Congratulations and best of luck with grad school! It''s wonderful that you''ll be studying music education. (My father taught piano and choral music for many years, and it has been his life-long passion. I unfortunately didn''t inherit his talent or his motivation to practice.
3.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results