shape
carat
color
clarity

100% Happy - 1 yr. later

Are you 100% happy with your e-ring choice 1 year later (** please only answer if your ring has bee

• YES, I am 100% happy with my e-ring (worn for at least 1 yr)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO, I am not 100% happy with my e-ring (worn for at least 1 yr.)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I''m curious. Maybe it''s because we only hear from people who are considering change -- but I''m starting to think it''s VERY VERY RARE for folks to be 100% happy with their e-rings even as little as 1 year later.

So ... let''s see:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any discussion is welcome as well. Part of my reasoning for starting this POLL is to help the LIW''s be realistic about their expectations of "the ring" -- that even people who *picked out exactly what they wanted at the time* might change their minds with real-world, everyday wearing.

Issues like:

* not sparkly enough
* color more visible than expected
* setting too high
* setting too delicate
* unable to match with w-band
* now want different shape
and the old chestnut
* SHRINKAGE

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not voting, but I''m interested to see the results. I think I have a browser conflict or something, the view results button doesn''t work for me
39.gif
not firefox-friendly I suppose?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I knew what I wanted before we got engaged...and sure enough...I still LOVE it!

My ring makes me happy every time I look at it. And for what it is worth - I think part of the reason I love it as much as I do is because we could totally afford it. Went into no debt for it...so when I look at it, I see sparkles, and not credit card debt!

Would I like a big old upgrade? Well, I certainly wouldn''t turn it down...but I am so happy with what I have.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:26:14 PM
Author: musey
I''m not voting, but I''m interested to see the results. I think I have a browser conflict or something, the view results button doesn''t work for me
39.gif
not firefox-friendly I suppose?
I''ve never been able to get the view results to work on any of our 3 computers... it should have a 3rd option"hasn''t been a year but want to see the results" LOL!!!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I have had my e-ring for close to 2 years and am 100% happy with it. That''s not to say that my eyes haven''t gotten big when I see all the gorgeous rings on PS... especially checking out different shapes and interesting setting designs. That said, my ring is perfect for me... it goes with my personal style as well as my lifestyle. And it was completely reasonable in cost--at least that''s what DH says and he''s the finance guy in our household.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
As far as the size (1.03ct) & color (H) of my diamond it is perfect. I have no interest whatsover in getting anything bigger, ever. I do notice spots, inclusions whatever you call it, it bugs me a tad. I guess staring regularly at it I can see them (I should note that I decided on the diamond.). This is petty though.

I would like to change my setting. Workmanship is the reason. Overall I
emlove.gif
my set.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:39:24 PM
Author: jfo
my ring is perfect for me... it goes with my personal style as well as my lifestyle. And it was completely reasonable in cost

My thoughts exactly. Other rings that catch my eye & I admire just aren''t ever as "right for me" as my own e-ring feels. So far it''s been aesthetics just as much as sentiment.

Now my FINGER -- that''s another story ... I''d "downgrade" that sausage in a hot minute
3.gif
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
At the end of May it will be two years I''ve been wearing my e-ring and 90% of the time I am 100% happy. I love how unique it is and I have never seen the same design on another finger. I think it really suits me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:52:26 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
At the end of May it will be two years I've been wearing my e-ring and 90% of the time I am 100% happy. I love how unique it is and I have never seen the same design on another finger. I think it really suits me.

I coulda guessed you and Lysser would also be in the 100% happy camp -- (or should I say 90/100??
1.gif
) I still LOVE LOVE LOVE how that w-band you had made looks with your e-ring too!
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will have worn my ring for one year in one more week, so I hope it''s OK that I voted....

I initially wanted a halo, fancy bling bling thing, but I think I''ve mentioned before that that TGuy was not a fan. And I only wanted that blingier ring AFTER I started looking around PS. I came here in late 2003 looking for a alternative to the Lucida style ring, which meant a wider band. I tried on the vatche xrpong, but liked the more modern lines of the Jeff Cooper setting I eventually got.

I love it more today than when I first got it!

The ring has held up remarkably well...it has patina''d on the underside, but the top is still very shiny! The plat/ruthenium mix doesn''t scratch and ding nearly as bad as I thought it would. The simplicity of the setting seems to be the reason that I never get sick of it, and really, in the end it is so much more *me* than a blinged out ring. I''ve tried a few on after I got engaged and I just liked mine better on me.

As for the diamond itself, I LOVE that too. I love the F color. I love that it''s an eyeclean SI1. I love that it''s an ex/ex cushion and the symmetry such seems perfect. I''m happy with the square shape and am thrilled that the depth is only 64% and it faces up pretty big for a square stone. And the fire...woo HOO!

So yeah, I''m happy and while I definitely think there are rings I see on PS that have more wow factor, I am 100% in love with my ring.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Well, I love that it''s Ideal, VVS1 and E colour, and I''m finally over my silly size envy :) but I''m not sure a RB is what I would choose now. I didn''t wear any jewellery before getting engaged, and only indicated to DH that I wanted the ring to be platinum and a solitaire. So, not knowing my taste, I ended up with the obvious. Knowing what I know now, I would probably opt for an emerald or an asscher, as those shapes strike me as clean and modern -- a little more "downtown" than "uptown" :D

That being said, my current ring is lovely and I''m sticking with it.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I love my ring, my only concern is that the setting is too fragile since it is cast filigree and we have had some issues with it. My dream is to get the setting re-made by hand in 20 ys or so, and keep the same design and same stone, etc.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I can''t vote but wanted to comment about the "very rare" comment that Deco made. Out of all of my married or engaged friends and family, I am the only one who has changed her e-ring setting. The first time it was necessary, my original setting got an unfixable ding. Now I''m changing it just 7 months later for a few reasons but only myself, DH and pricescopers (LOL) now that I''m doing this!

All of my friends got their e-rings, got their wedding bands, had their DH''s slide those two rings on their finger on their wedding day and they haven''t come off since! I can guarantee that I am the only one who owns an ultrasonic (and I have cleaned a couple of friends rings in there, and they were CAKED with crap!) and who takes their e-ring in to have the prongs checked and the rings polished. I can''t recall ever hearing a friend say anything about changing their rings. I wonder if it''s a PS thing??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm view results doesn't work for me either which is odd.

i didn't vote because my stone has been changed out a few times, but i was not 100% happy with my e-ring the minute i got it.

it was too wide, i'd asked for it to be smaller in width, aka not over 2.5mm and the ring was 2.8mm which sounds miniscule but it was a big deal to me since i wanted it more like 2mm and the jeweler talked me out of it. the head was just plunked on and not attractive at all (i hadn't even thought to really specify on the head!), and the stone ended up being not a great cut so i was not happy with the stone (and it was too small hehe).

so nope i was never happy with my rings, and while i have managed to change the stone out to one that i just love, the rings itself are still kind of a sore spot for me. but we are both kind of sentimental about them, even though i am not really that sentimental, so i am really torn about changing them. i know my rock would be much prettier showcased in another type of setting, similar maybe or different, but would i do anything about it? maybe in another few years, right now no.

however the problem i am having right now is because of the weight i have lost and the fact that i had the rings slightly stretched out (1/8 of a size) after we got married because the 2 rings together was a little too tight, now they are too loose and spin like mad and drive me insane. but not insane enough to do anything about it just yet. hehe.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Mara- Are you still considering turning your ring into a three stone?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:19:48 PM
Author: february2003bride
I can''t vote but wanted to comment about the ''very rare'' comment that Deco made. Out of all of my married or engaged friends and family, I am the only one who has changed her e-ring setting. The first time it was necessary, my original setting got an unfixable ding. Now I''m changing it just 7 months later for a few reasons but only myself, DH and pricescopers (LOL) now that I''m doing this!

All of my friends got their e-rings, got their wedding bands, had their DH''s slide those two rings on their finger on their wedding day and they haven''t come off since! I can guarantee that I am the only one who owns an ultrasonic (and I have cleaned a couple of friends rings in there, and they were CAKED with crap!) and who takes their e-ring in to have the prongs checked and the rings polished. I can''t recall ever hearing a friend say anything about changing their rings. I wonder if it''s a PS thing??
it''s more of a ps thing than anywhere else, but I do know people who have gotten ONE TIME upgrades at like 10, 15, 20 years but I don''t know *anyone* who just changes their setting for fashionable whim LOL I remember there was a time when I was new here that people kinda pshaw''d me about wanting a setting that I''d never upgrade... I think they believe me now, but it is very common *here* to upgrade, so common that when someone says they won''t no one believes them LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:39:50 PM
Author: Mara
hmm view results doesn''t work for me either which is odd.

i didn''t vote because my stone has been changed out a few times, but i was not 100% happy with my e-ring the minute i got it.

it was too wide, i''d asked for it to be smaller in width, aka not over 2.5mm and the ring was 2.8mm which sounds miniscule but it was a big deal to me since i wanted it more like 2mm and the jeweler talked me out of it. the head was just plunked on and not attractive at all (i hadn''t even thought to really specify on the head!), and the stone ended up being not a great cut so i was not happy with the stone (and it was too small hehe).

so nope i was never happy with my rings, and while i have managed to change the stone out to one that i just love, the rings itself are still kind of a sore spot for me. but we are both kind of sentimental about them, even though i am not really that sentimental, so i am really torn about changing them. i know my rock would be much prettier showcased in another type of setting, similar maybe or different, but would i do anything about it? maybe in another few years, right now no.

however the problem i am having right now is because of the weight i have lost and the fact that i had the rings slightly stretched out (1/8 of a size) after we got married because the 2 rings together was a little too tight, now they are too loose and spin like mad and drive me insane. but not insane enough to do anything about it just yet. hehe.
earlier when I looked up the size of your stone for PS I was thinking about being in your shoes and what I would do - I love your set as is, but IF I ever wanted to change things, I was thinking I''d make two eternity bands out of the rings and keep them forever... and then doing whatever I wanted with the e-ring. Of course then I was like well what WOULD I do and I dunno - it''s pretty perfect the way it is! LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:39:50 PM
could a thin layer of metal be put around the insides? like instead of sizing balls, more like... like a rubber band of metal inside, done neatly of course LOL

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
feb...i kick around the idea from time to time but i dunno, i think i am more a solitaire gal for now!!

cehra..thanks...yeah i have thought of the two eternity rings thing for sure...and just changing out the e-ring itself entirely. i love the ritani solitaire and have tried it on many times before (the plain one, no diamonds)..and thought that i could have another 2 melee put into my e-ring and make it eternity then have both rings flank the new ritani....but i don't know that i am a 3 ring person either. i would probably just keep my w-ring as is and then get the ritani and then make the e-ring a right hand ring for stacking or something.

but who knows, sometimes i think about having an entirely new set made like lynn's or similar where everything is matchy matchy and the bands are the width i really wanted etc.

it's nice to think about but honestly i don't know that i'd do anything...and if i did it would not be for at least a few years. maybe 10 year anni....
3.gif
unless of course i have been thinking, well gosh if my rings get so loose that i have to do something, what if i did a whole reset then. i could get sizing balls but i am not keen on that idea as then i think the rings look like they are kind of floating around the finger. hmm. ideas!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the ring my husband designed - and I knew I would when I originally saw his concept.

I really couldn''t be happier, but I''m waiting for shrinkage to set in - I''m sure it will.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 2:55:23 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 4/25/2007 2:52:26 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

At the end of May it will be two years I''ve been wearing my e-ring and 90% of the time I am 100% happy. I love how unique it is and I have never seen the same design on another finger. I think it really suits me.

I coulda guessed you and Lysser would also be in the 100% happy camp -- (or should I say 90/100??
1.gif
) I still LOVE LOVE LOVE how that w-band you had made looks with your e-ring too!
18.gif

How did you know?!?
2.gif
The random 10% I wish my stone had better color. But for the budget he had and at the time (before PS!) I am very pleased. I still need to see our Kirk Kara one day though! Would make a beautiful RHR
27.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I voted 100% happy because I love the stone, the style, etc etc etc. The reason I''m commenting is because I will one day be changing the basket. The ring shank itself is in platinum, but the main basket was done in wg. Yes, I''ll be changing the ring one day, but not because of the style or anything like that, just the metal used in part of the ring.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I struggle with this quite a bit. I know myself, though- no matter what, I always think, "well, maybe I should have done XXXX" or I will see someone else's ring and fall in love with it... Just that indecisve Libra in me, I guess!
11.gif
I just keep telling myself that it's a beautiful set (I get compliments on it all the time) and the important thing is that I'm so proud of my husband for working hard and loving me enough to let me get exactly what I wanted. I think that's part of my dilemma, actually- I felt a lot of pressure to get a ring that made the most of our budget because I wanted my husband to feel good about what he'd bought. I think he does but there's always that bit of doubt lurking in my brain, and that evil thought that whispers, "No way is that little stone on a piece of gold worth that much money!!"

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love my setting, but have DSS and am excited about an upgrade, sometime in the far off future. I recently had the head replaced and, unfortunately, I don''t love it. I do love that it''s 4 prongs instead of 6, but it''s just too much metal and not set low enough. I''m not going to mess with it though...it''s not horrible, it''s just not perfect and I can live with that. I don''t ever intend to change my wedding band or e-ring setting, and I''ll keep my original stone and turn it into a pendant when the time for an upgrade comes as it''s a beautiful diamond.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:55:22 PM
feb...i kick around the idea from time to time but i dunno, i think i am more a solitaire gal for now!!

cehra..thanks...yeah i have thought of the two eternity rings thing for sure...and just changing out the e-ring itself entirely. i love the ritani solitaire and have tried it on many times before (the plain one, no diamonds)..and thought that i could have another 2 melee put into my e-ring and make it eternity then have both rings flank the new ritani....but i don''t know that i am a 3 ring person either. i would probably just keep my w-ring as is and then get the ritani and then make the e-ring a right hand ring for stacking or something.

but who knows, sometimes i think about having an entirely new set made like lynn''s or similar where everything is matchy matchy and the bands are the width i really wanted etc.

it''s nice to think about but honestly i don''t know that i''d do anything...and if i did it would not be for at least a few years. maybe 10 year anni....
3.gif
unless of course i have been thinking, well gosh if my rings get so loose that i have to do something, what if i did a whole reset then. i could get sizing balls but i am not keen on that idea as then i think the rings look like they are kind of floating around the finger. hmm. ideas!
Hey Mara, how about a thin split shank designed by leon or someone else fabulous?!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those having trouble viewing results ... the current "score" is

YES I'm 100% happy -- 61%
NO I'm not 100% happy -- 39%

About the "rare to be happy" sentiment ... I wasn't talking about people *actually changing* their e-rings ... but silently dreaming of something different. I'd bet there are A LOT of ladies out there that are ashamed to voice their unhappiness ... so they might not be TALKING about it, or DOING it ... but nonetheless: "not 100% happy".

I'm sure tons of ladies don't even give it a 2nd thought. However -- I know my own UBER PRACTICAL, no-frills, no-nonesense, Great Depression-surviving, 60+years married GRAMMA spent YEARS wishing for a bigger rock & was DEEE-freakin-LIGHTED when she finally got her 1 carat rock in her SEVENTIES. She'd wanted it ALL THAT TIME. She wasn't telling anyone (except perhaps my Grandpa) - but when she got it she TOLD EVERYONE how she'd been crazy with envy over the years ... shocking us ALL! The floodgates opened
9.gif
3.gif
. I guess that's what's coloring my perception too -- in addition to the fabulous, upgrade-liberal Pscopers!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my e-ring, nope not 100% satisfied. I like the stone, it''s very pretty. I do with it were bigger. However, the setting is actually what bothers me even more. I went for a cheap semi-custom ring. The general look is very pretty, but things bug me about it. The head is ever so slightly crooked, the prongs are kind of smushed on, and the melee are not high quality. In a year or so I''ll upgrade the center stone and put it in a temp setting and then maybe the year after I''ll get a fabulous leon ring or something....Fi will make me wait a long time after that, and I really think I''ll be pretty satisfied with a leon LOL.

As far as my wedding band goes... I''m not even married yet, so it hasn''t been a full year. However, I am still totally 100% satisfied. Maybe more than 100%. I really really love my wedding band. The stones are great, the I color doesn''t bug me. The stones still look huge to me, and I love love love the U shapes of the setting. The setting is also really well made and I think this actually made me *less* satisfied with my e-ring since the setting for my e-ring is not well made.

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I have had my rings for a year now. :) I have two rings, a large honker round brilliant solitaire that is a little over four carats, and a smaller every day ring, which is also a solitaire w/ 12 bead set diamonds (tiny). I don''t remember the specs off hand, but my smaller ring center stone is a 1.21 carat, G, VS2 (GIA graded). I love both rings, but I''m not entirely happy w/ the wedding band, which is an engraved plain platinum band. Now I wish that I had stones on the w band. I can always get an eternity band to match the smaller ring at a later date, which I probably will. Sometimes I look at the halo rings, and I wish that I had opted for one, but w/ the large stone ring, a halo would be way too much. Sometimes I wish that I had chosen a different cut for the smaller carat ring too just for variety sake. I love the way that round diamonds sparkle though. I don''t see myself upgrading to anything larger or even changing out the settings.

I did take a few pics recently, so I''ll post one here. I haven''t taken any new hand shots because I need a manicure, and I really suck at the picture thing. Even though I kind of waver and am not 100% satisfied, I don''t know if I ever would be. Whenever you look at a site like this, you get so many ideas.

500x283.aspx

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 6:49:54 PM
Author: decodelighted
About the ''rare to be happy'' sentiment ... I wasn''t talking about people *actually changing* their e-rings ... but silently dreaming of something different...

I''ve only had my ring for 11 months, so I didn''t vote.
2.gif
(Also, I couldn''t decide what category I''m in.)

I keep silently dreaming of something different -- lots of somethings different actually. One day I''ll see an amazing halo and want it, the next I''ll think "Hmm, what if I had a sapphire?" I''m all over the place. But whenever I actually think about it, I DON''T WANT to change. For example, a couple of minutes after thinking about halos the other day, I walked smack into a closed door, ring first -- I''m such a klutz -- and then realized that I feel a lot better about repeatedly accidently abusing this ring than I would a more delicate ring or something with a lot of pave, etc. So while I love lots of different types and styles of rings and stones, I think that this one is really the one most suited to ME. Make sense?

Shrinkage has set in, but once again I don''t actually want to change it. We''re in the market to buy a house (actually, we pulled out of a contract yesterday after getting an inspection) and I''d much prefer that the money go towards that. So while I sometimes think about what my ring would look like with a larger stone, but I don''t want to change it.

I still don''t know what category this puts me in.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results