shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
"BTW, I found those (skinny) MJ jeans I bought on the weekend really stretched out quickly--didn''t have them on an hour and I was pulling them up every two seconds. Should have bought a smaller size, I guess; but they fit in the store. What a drag. So far of the three pair of jeans I have bought in as many months, the GoldSign have fit the ''best''.

cheers--Sharon"

That sucks about the MJ jeans! I hate yanking up jeans all day long. Do you think you can still return them for the smaller size? If you steamed them I bet they''d look good as new! (Not that I advocate returning things after you wear them for real, but at my store we''ve taken jeans back from customers when the same thing has happened and they just wanted a smaller size...)

Another brand that stretches out a lot is J Brand. If anyone wants to buy a pair I suggest squeezing into the smallest size you can!

The next hot thing in denim is 4 way stretch. It''s this new technology and supposedly the 4 way stretch denim doesn''t stretch out at all because it is woven into the denim in all 4 directions instead of just 2. I think J Brand already has introduced it in stores (Barney''s definitely has it). And James has a lot of it on their line for fall. I think Rich and Skinny does, too.

I''ve ordered some for the store I work at and I''m very interested to see how it really works! (I''m a natural skeptic so I''ll believe it when I see it!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thanks for the tips, thing2of2. I have decided to keep the MJ jeans--as my DH says I look "cute" in them. Who cares then, if they aren''t a perfect fit
3.gif
?

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wore the Yanuk jeans last week for an evening thing and gotta say, LOVE THEM. i read online they are popular because of potential ''butt lifting'' properties and that is partially why i love how they look, now that i have lost weight my butt is smaller and a little flatter, whereas before i always was a little ''baby got back'' ish...so i miss my butt sometimes and these jeans really lift it up hahaaha. it looks WAY more perky. also i think the pockets and styling in the back add to it visually. and the jeans are comfy. hugely loving them. bluefly has some, but not really much in my size but i am going to keep watching because i''d love another pair in a dark wash.

and i''m still craving the paige pico''s...they kind of fell off my radar since i started a new gig this week and have been busy the last week and this week and all that but i am still thinking about them...i might check out ebay again.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA so posting that about the picos spurred me on. ebay doesn''t have any non-irregular or non-screwed-up-somehow picos so i found them on shopepic for a good price in Dark Clean, and also got some new havaianas too..woo hoo!!! can''t wait til the goodies arrive!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woo hoo!!! Mara''s gonna get Pico''s
9.gif
I love my Pico Matadors, they''re my fave Paiges. My Metallic Ombre Las Palmas comes in a close 2nd.

mia15

Shiny_Rock
I need new jeans so badly that I''m actually going to read all 8 pages of this thread.

Ladies, does anyone know which brand carries something like these jeans that I see all the time? It''s dark wash, and shaped kind of like trousers in the leg (has a wide regular hem), lowish rise, and not too fitted, though definitely not slouchy or wide. I''m always admiring them on other people but have yet to see them in a department store. I''ve been imagining these with loose summery tops.

BTW, the Pico is wonderful.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 5:03:38 PM
Author: emeraldlover
I need new jeans so badly that I''m actually going to read all 8 pages of this thread.

Ladies, does anyone know which brand carries something like these jeans that I see all the time? It''s dark wash, and shaped kind of like trousers in the leg (has a wide regular hem), lowish rise, and not too fitted, though definitely not slouchy or wide. I''m always admiring them on other people but have yet to see them in a department store. I''ve been imagining these with loose summery tops.

Citizens have a jean called the Faye that fits that description perfectly. I LOVE them.

Juicy, Seven, and Paige also all make a trouser jean too, but the Faye is my personal favorite.

Link to the Faye Jeans

mia15

Shiny_Rock
Neatfreak, thank you so much! I just looked at them, and those are it! Now, off to Nordstrom''s to try on Citizens. I''m not sure I''ve owned a pair so I hope it''s a brand I can wear. It looks like the perfect wash, too!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
question:

i love my paige jeans, but my only complaint is that their washes aren't particularly dark. i have a lagoon and a dark crease, both are more suited for daytime. any good dark washes to recommend? maybe midnight rocker?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 11:01:13 AM
Author: lovelylulu
question:

i love my paige jeans, but my only complaint is that their washes aren''t particularly dark. i have a lagoon and a dark crease, both are more suited for daytime. any good dark washes to recommend? maybe midnight rocker?

Midnight rocker is a fab wash. Those are def. my nighttime jeans!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Paige has a wash called Midnight Shadow which is really dark and dressier, suitable for nights out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i tried midnight rocker recently and loved it. i also have dark scrape which is nice and dark but it's got some distresssing that turns into some worn areas so it's not really dressy even though it is dark. it's more 'rocker' to me than midnight rocker actually.

moonlight (midnight?) shadow seems pretty dark in pictures as well. oh and i tried dark clean which is pretty dark and 'neat' but not super dark. but it's not light.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks all. you guys are jean pros. i think a midnight rocker may be in my future :)

mara: i have a pair od dark cleans and love them, but for evenings out, i''m looking for something darker.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2007 5:03:38 PM

HI:

IN the March InStyle magazine, it showed Kate Moss wearing some jeans like you describe--soft washed demin in breezy blue by Anio. $194 at Bergdorf Goodman.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay my dark clean pico''s arrived yesterday and tried them on, perfect!!! they are sooo awesome, i love the wash and the back pockets, super cute. can''t wait for an excuse to wear them!

oh and i am really loving those Yanuk''s i got..the style is Lizzie and i have been watching bluefly and other sites for other washes in Lizzie but so far really haven''t seen much, i would love to get another pair in a super dark wash. they are REALLY flattering to my butt and legs...the legs are long and skinnyish kind of like the paige''s which works for me...and while they are technically a ''bootcut'' they are not a wide bootcut at all, which makes my legs look longer because they kind of taper down but then flare a bit so it elongates things. yay.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, you are the Paige Premium queen, I think! I have kind of a big butt so I don''t like them on myself because the pockets are on the smaller side. But I always see them on other people and think that they''re so clean looking and flattering.

Do you like Hudson jeans at all? I don''t have a pair (yet) but I was thinking about getting some. Anybody have any Hudson jean recommendations?

mia15

Shiny_Rock
I am now the proud owner of a pair of Fayes. I love them. Thanks Neatfreak! However, I have to keep going since I still only have about 3 pairs of jeans. Canuk-gal, I''ve been searching for that brand but haven''t seen it anywhere yet. Shopping is a lot of work!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
and i just bought my first pair of designer jeans. I purchased Joe''s, the muse cut. So far they are awesome. I hated throwing away that kind of money, but jeans are a staple item to me, so i thought it was justified. I am used to the AE jeans which are a good base jean, but it was time to try something new... so i fear i am addicted now. I just pray that i dont start with the hand bags too!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 12:58:21 AM
I am now the proud owner of a pair of Fayes. I love them. Thanks Neatfreak! However, I have to keep going since I still only have about 3 pairs of jeans. Canuk-gal, I''ve been searching for that brand but haven''t seen it anywhere yet. Shopping is a lot of work!
emeraldlover: the Faye are my absolute favorite jeans!! perfect for a dressy night out also! I''m thinking about getting another pair
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I bought my first pair of paige''s while I was in LA. they are actually still there at the denim doctor being hemmed where they put the original hem back on. I hate hemming my pants b/c they always looked hemmed and lose the natural jean hem. anyway, i''m sure someone in nashville does it but didn''t really feel like looking around when we were right there where i knew they''d do it right. I tried on some Joe''s too which were cute but decided to wait. At least I now know my sizes so I can order them online if I need to.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 3:54:44 PM
Author: mrssalvo
So, I bought my first pair of paige''s while I was in LA. they are actually still there at the denim doctor being hemmed where they put the original hem back on. I hate hemming my pants b/c they always looked hemmed and lose the natural jean hem. anyway, i''m sure someone in nashville does it but didn''t really feel like looking around when we were right there where i knew they''d do it right. I tried on some Joe''s too which were cute but decided to wait. At least I now know my sizes so I can order them online if I need to.

I JUST learned how to do the famous "original hem" on your jeans. I am SO EXCITED because I usually spend $15+ to get it done and now I can do it myself.

It''s actually really really easy if anyone wants to know. Once you know the trick you''re kind of like "Why didn''t I think of that!".

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 4:19:04 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/25/2007 3:54:44 PM
So, I bought my first pair of paige's while I was in LA. they are actually still there at the denim doctor being hemmed where they put the original hem back on. I hate hemming my pants b/c they always looked hemmed and lose the natural jean hem. anyway, i'm sure someone in nashville does it but didn't really feel like looking around when we were right there where i knew they'd do it right. I tried on some Joe's too which were cute but decided to wait. At least I now know my sizes so I can order them online if I need to.

I JUST learned how to do the famous 'original hem' on your jeans. I am SO EXCITED because I usually spend $15+ to get it done and now I can do it myself.

It's actually really really easy if anyone wants to know. Once you know the trick you're kind of like 'Why didn't I think of that!'.
hehe sure fill us in because i have wondered about this, like how do they do it? i am tall enough to where i don't need my jeans hemmed...i just have various types of heels and shoes that i wear with various types of jeans or pants (aka i have one or two pairs where i need to wear my 4" heels and other jeans i can get away with a 2.5" heel) but i have always been curious about hemming.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AF has a thread on this....sending it to you....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Basically, the quick description is that you simply measure how much you want to take off in inches.

Then you cuff your jeans and measure from the hem to the folded over part(now on the bottom) and make sure that it is 1/2 of how much you need to take off.

You then sew basically right to the side of where the original hem is sewn, as if you were allllmost sewing over it, but you just want to be next to it.

Then you simply flip the cuff out and then press the "new" hem out. You basically are left with some extra denim on the inside of your jeans, which you can cut off once you're sure you've done it right. The nice thing is that if you screw up you can just take it out and try again.

I don't know if that makes sense...I have pictures somewhere!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
neatfreak, that is very interesting. another good reason I should have listened to my grandma when she was trying to teach me how to sew.

oh and only $15? I just paid $24, maybe I should have searched nashville first..lol..
but the jeans were 50% off so even with the hemming they are still a lot less than if I paid full price.

this is the first time I''ve done the *original hem*. i usually just wear my jeans long but the paige''s were miles to long and there was no way I could get away with the length even in heels. I''m excited to see how they turn out though....

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/25/2007 5:30:11 PM
neatfreak, that is very interesting. another good reason I should have listened to my grandma when she was trying to teach me how to sew.

oh and only $15? I just paid $24, maybe I should have searched nashville first..lol..

but the jeans were 50% off so even with the hemming they are still a lot less than if I paid full price.

this is the first time I''ve done the *original hem*. i usually just wear my jeans long but the paige''s were miles to long and there was no way I could get away with the length even in heels. I''m excited to see how they turn out though....

Well I also live in Madison, WI so prices here are pretty good! You will never ever wear your jeans long again after this (except intentionally long with heels!). They look amazing and unless you look really hard (I mean inspecting hard) you''ll never even be able to tell they were hemmed. Since I''m 5''3" I almost always have to get mine hemmed.

berkley

Rough_Rock
So...

I have been a super-fan of Citizens for what seems like forever. I really like Lily and Kelly....

Anywho, after reading through all 8 pages of this topic, I proceeded over to the Nordies in the Mall of America and try on some Paiges. I bought two pair, the Laurel Canyon in Dark Clean w/crease and Las Palmas wcrease! LOVE THEM! You gals are right, they make your booty look awesome!!!
36.gif

So they also have Nordstrom Rack. I scoured the premium denim section and scored two MORE pairs of Paiges! Another LC in the medium clean and one with goldish embroidery on the top part of the pocket (Alps I believe.) Guess what each pair cost? $39/pair!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaahooo!!

Ok, ok, I don''t mean to brag! Mara and other Paige''ers, y''all have great taste!
36.gif

So forgive me if I missed it, but Mara, where did you find your Yanuks?
31.gif

Such enablers!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
berkley...you are so lucky woman!!!! i haven''t been to NR but i have heard that people have gotten so many great deals there...i gotta get over there at some point. lol how funny you coming home with 4 pairs of Paiges!! now that''s a good day! hehee.

i got my Yanuk''s at the neiman marcus outlet. i am totally kicking myself for not seeing if they had another pair in a diff wash or something, but i felt so lucky just finding one pair of fab jeans. bluefly has the Lizzie style in a darker wash (mine are Lizzies in a lighter wash) but they don''t have my size, darn!!! i keep hoping they might get just one pair of 28''s in. but i think they have 25, 26 and 27 if you are one of those and you want to try the Lizzie style. they have other styles than Lizzie but i am unsure about how the other styles fit since i am pretty unfamiliar with Yanuk except for this one pair.

by the way i got my Paige Dark Clean Pico''s last Friday and i have already worn them twice, LOVE them. the back pockets give you that little bit of oomph hehee and they have the classic LC kinda fit. the one thing i noticed is that the inseam seems maybe an inch or so longer than my other Paiges but that just could be because i haven''t washed them yet. so we''ll see, but i had to wear my 4" heels with them. love em.

berkley

Rough_Rock
Revolveclothing.com also has Yanuk, but seems to be all out of everything.... all out of everything - who DOES that? Torture I tell you!

So I went over to Bluefly and see that some of the Yanuks are in my size!
Lizzie in Dark Blue Faded and Jude in Dr. Wrinkle... They look super cute! I really like the Dreamer Stitch in Raw Denim...not my size however. bummer!

I really really want to order! Do the Yanunks run true to size??

This must be the Berkley''s "Week of the Jean!"

31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol berkley...well i wear a 28 in Paige LC''s and the Pico''s and i wear a 28 in the Yanuks too so i would imagine they are pretty close esp if you like the LC and get the Lizzie..the fit seems similar to me. i don''t know what the other Yanuk styles are like for fit...i have only tried the Lizzie. i really want it in another wash!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results