shape
carat
color
clarity

setting decision getting close

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 5:45:36 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
mrssalvo, any decisions yet?

Hi OFG, thanks for asking, how''s your search going? I have been having such a hard time choosing a setting I have decided to allow my hubby to take over the process. He actually wants to and I gave him a folder of my favorites so he really can''t go wrong if he chooses one of them. so, i''m a lady in waiting once again
3.gif

on a side note, I was in CAl. over the weekend and we happened to have mani''s scheduled right up the street from Michael B''s store so of course I had to go in, even though I was in flip flops
5.gif
. The sales gal was very nice and there were a whole bunch of new settings they haven''t let out yet, 3 stones that were just stunning. My friends were with me and all had a favorite that I will add to my folder but since it''s so new, there are no pics. the highlight... I got to meet Michael B''s wife and try on her ring. it''s a 5 carat radiant in a halo with trap side, pave shank of course and was amazing!!!! Such a great day for me.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 8:47:45 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Hi OFG, thanks for asking, how''s your search going? I have been having such a hard time choosing a setting I have decided to allow my hubby to take over the process. He actually wants to and I gave him a folder of my favorites so he really can''t go wrong if he chooses one of them. so, i''m a lady in waiting once again
3.gif

on a side note, I was in CAl. over the weekend and we happened to have mani''s scheduled right up the street from Michael B''s store so of course I had to go in, even though I was in flip flops
5.gif
. The sales gal was very nice and there were a whole bunch of new settings they haven''t let out yet, 3 stones that were just stunning. My friends were with me and all had a favorite that I will add to my folder but since it''s so new, there are no pics. the highlight... I got to meet Michael B''s wife and try on her ring. it''s a 5 carat radiant in a halo with trap side, pave shank of course and was amazing!!!! Such a great day for me.
oh that''s sweet the dh wants in on it :) If he chooses one and says, "this is it" and you suck in your gut knowing that no it is the other one, at least you''ll know the other one is THE one ;-)

He is going to tel lyou what he he chooses before he buys it right? haha

How fun about michael''s wife :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha Sara, we actually haven''t talked about whether he''s going to tell me before he buys. Honestly, unless he strays from my list he can''t really go wrong, I love all of them equally and I guess by him choosing it will give me the something special that I need to be content. he actually has very good jewelry taste and I like most of the the things he''s pointed out when we look on various websites and such so I should be ok. the question now becomes how much longer will he make me wait
4.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2007 10:08:46 PM

here are the specs:

AGS000 1.525 SI1 G

Depth 61%
table 55.9%
crown angle 34.6
pavilion angle 40.9
pavilion depth 43.3
girdle thin
culet pointed
7.44 x 7.47mm x 4.55mm
I needed to know these because I am entering the topic late. I absolutely loved the A. Jaffe setting in the side view. I had to stop reading the thread to say so. I have no idea what else you have seen or decided upon since you saw that setting, but I loved that one to death. And your "wedding band" is to die for, too. Is it an eternity band you got for a special occasion? Is there a thread about it somewhere? It looks like the eternity band I wanted to buy myself for my 30th anniversary! (My solitaire is similar in size to your new center stone, too.)

I am going back to see what else you have done!

Deb, returning to read the thread
34.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's so cool how your DH is going to surprise you with one of the setting options. Kinda takes the pressure off of you, huh? Makes it SO much easier that you like all of them, so he can't go wrong! Very wise (and romantic!) of you both to go this route.

Just tell him to hurry his butt up!!!!!
9.gif
It's rude of him to keep us all waiting like this!
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, the eternity band in the pics isn''t mine. it was just one I tried on while I was there. it was gorgeous though.

KD: it''s funny b/c believe it or not hubby didn''t really like any of the settings in this thread so the list he''s working off of only has the very last Michael b with the pear sides on it. It will be fun to see what he ends up doing.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/24/2007 8:47:45 AM

I have been having such a hard time choosing a setting I have decided to allow my hubby to take over the process. He actually wants to and I gave him a folder of my favorites so he really can''t go wrong if he chooses one of them. so, i''m a lady in waiting once again
3.gif

5.gif
That''s great news! I look forward to seeing which one he picks. All the 3-stones you had on this this thread were beautiful.

I was re-reading this thread, and I saw what you said about the gumuchian prongs, and now I know what you mean. I was at a store last week, and saw a 5-stone ring they had with those little diamonds on the tip of the prongs, and like you said, they were much prettier in person than they were in the pictures!!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL - to be a lady in waiting again!!!! hehehe. Is there a timeframe he''s working within? Some sort of special occasion to be done by? I think it was a good idea to let him pick - I know that the sentimental thing means a lot to you and it''s a great way to have a ring you love without later having the creeping doubt of ''what if....''.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so late to this thread, how I missed it I don''t know, but I just wanted to congratulate you MrsSalvo on your superb choice of diamond
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks lorelei, that is probably the only thing I won''t ever want to change..... well maybe
11.gif
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results