shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone else in College? (undergrad or grad)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to know if anyone else is in college currently.

if so, what are you majoring in?

Currently Im an Undergrad majoring in Psychology.
35.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:49:31 AM
Author:Mag00
I just wanted to know if anyone else is in college currently.

if so, what are you majoring in?

Currently Im an Undergrad majoring in Psychology.
35.gif
I think there is a lot of us actually.

I''m a Ph.D. student in demography. My research focuses on the family and quantitative methods.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, lots of us I think.

I have my BA in psychology and I''m working on my PhD in biological sciences. My research focus is animal behavior and predator-prey interactions.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
DMD student... for dentistry
9.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
im an undergrade and i dunno ive been feeling like i hate college this semester its been so tough..maybe its cause im finishing the last of my prerequs for psych...

any one every transfer shcools??

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
This is my last semester! Woot! Hehe. I graduate in about three weeks, so that''s going to be fun. I''m majoring in English. And no, I am NOT going to be a teacher. I want to do writing and PR for environmental conservation efforts.

*M*

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
I am currently working on my Master''s in Special Education. I have a BA in Psych and worked on a Master''s in School Counseling for a couple years but I changed my mind! It seems that quite a few of us study (or studied) Psychology!

JCJD ~ Your research sounds really interesting!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Grad student studying veterinary

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m an undergrad, graduating next year. I''m majoring in biological sciences (ecology and evolutionary biology). I want to take a year off after I''m done and then get a certificate in education to become a teacher.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Nice one SDL

It''s what I do here in the UK. We have a lot of american interns who come over to work with us.

Good luck to your daughter - it''s an exhausting job!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 12:04:01 PM
Author: Rachie
It seems that quite a few of us study (or studied) Psychology!

yup, i plan on getting a PhD in Social Psych...

which is very far away, hahha.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I guess I count too? I am not an undergrad, but I have one more year left of medical school
36.gif
SO CLOSE!

Oh and my BS is in Biology, shockingly enough.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup! Working on a Ph.D. in Public Policy. I do mostly social welfare and health policy research.

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I''m also graduating in about three weeks. I majored in classics (Latin and Greek), and I''ll be starting a PhD program in the fall. Yay, dead languages!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 7:27:51 PM
Author: sarahthewarrior
I'm also graduating in about three weeks. I majored in classics (Latin and Greek), and I'll be starting a PhD program in the fall. Yay, dead languages!

Latin huh?

PM coming your way.

edit: is there a way to message someone....
14.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 7:34:38 PM
Author: Mag00
Date: 4/18/2007 7:27:51 PM

Author: sarahthewarrior

I''m also graduating in about three weeks. I majored in classics (Latin and Greek), and I''ll be starting a PhD program in the fall. Yay, dead languages!

Latin huh?

PM coming your way.

edit: is there a way to message someone....
14.gif
Hum--I have no idea how to send a PM either. I''m curious about what you wish to discuss about Latin, though! I suppose you could threadjack your own thread...

Mag00

Rough_Rock
suppose I could...

well, here it goes.
*temporary threadjack*

in your professional opinion, lol, is it correct to say:
intellege observando
meaning: Understand by Observation.

thats it
5.gif

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
I''m in college, my major is biology/pre-vet. bee*, it''s nice to see a vet student, I''ll have to apply to vet programs soon...yikes!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I'm all done school
3.gif
(BS and MS in microbiology) but Fi just started working on his PhD in Pharmacology

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:30:52 PM
Author: Mag00
suppose I could...

well, here it goes.

*temporary threadjack*

in your professional opinion, lol, is it correct to say:

intellege observando

meaning: Understand by Observation.

thats it
5.gif

Absolutely! Intellege is the present imperative (i.e., a command), and observando is the gerund as an ablative of means. If you wanted to be super-literal, it would translate into "understand by observing," but that''s because Latin avoids abstract nouns like "observation." Hope that helps!
34.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
thank you very much.

I had to join a Latin forum to find that out, because these online dictionaries were horrible.

1.gif

*end threadjack*

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I''m finishing up my masters in public administration. Kcoursolle, I am taking quantitative analysis right now and it is killing me! I don''t know how you guys do it.
26.gif
2.gif

mellyjm

Rough_Rock
I am finishing my 3rd year of pharmacy school, I will graduate in may of 08 with my PharmD. After this semester I will be done with my "didactic" work, and in June I will begin 9 months of clinical rotations.

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. Got a BA in Business but now doing an MSC in Human Resource Management on top of my full time job as an HR Project officer. Tough doing both, but will get there eventually. Its worth it in the end.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 12:11:11 AM
Author: Kit
Me too! I''m finishing up my masters in public administration. Kcoursolle, I am taking quantitative analysis right now and it is killing me! I don''t know how you guys do it.
26.gif
2.gif
Let me know if you have any stats questions. I''m someday going to have to teach stats courses, so it would be good for me.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, me too! Finished up my BFA in Acting last semester, getting my diploma in three weeks
9.gif

And yes, Emilina, I am a transfer student. My high school GPA couldn't get me into a good enough school for my tastes, so I busted my a** freshman year to get where I wanted to be. Best thing I ever did.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 10:39:26 PM
Author: KindredSpirit717
I''m in college, my major is biology/pre-vet. bee*, it''s nice to see a vet student, I''ll have to apply to vet programs soon...yikes!!

Best of luck with your applications!! Where are you applying to? I live in Ireland and we have a good few american students in our college

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I have one more year of law school! Then I''ll be free...er, well sorta.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I received my BA in Elementary Education (LA/Sci endorsements). I just signed up for my first class towards my Masters, which will be starting this summer. At the end of the program, I will have an MAEd with an Instructional focus (curriculum).

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I got my Ph.D. fairly recently, and also almost choked on quant methods. So a big shout out to rockstars like KCoursolle! And lots of sympathy your way, Kit!

Emilina and Musey: I was also a transfer student as an undergrad. Same story as Musey. I had way too much fun in HS and had lousy grades, then worked like a madwoman and transfered to a top school in my country from a third rate one. I agree with Musey that this was totally worth the a** busting. It was hard socially at first since people were already in their 'cliques', but that passed quickly, and it made me feel good about myself, helped me get a better education, and that helped me get in to a great Ph.D. program in the US. There's nothing like the feeling that you succeeded at a goal after seriously, seriously working your butt off.

SarahtheWarrior: Where are you going for gradwork? And what area of classics are you working in?

Congrats to all of you who are about to graduate! And good luck to all of you who are about to start out on new degrees!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results