shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess @ Whiteflash

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
I''m princess shopping. Whiteflash has a cut above princess and then they have their expert collection princesses. Anyone know if there is a great deal of difference between the two?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash says the Expert Selection stones are ones that missed the A Cut Above category by a hair. That refers to the one''s the cut (and have photos of). The prices are better. Since each stone is unique you should ask the salesperson you work with what got it the ES rating.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Swingirl - Brian (WF owner) is very picky about what he will allow to carry the ACA label. Honestly we (the lay public!) are unlikely to be able to tell the difference bet ACA and ES, and ES can be a great value for that. Talk to the sales rep when you have a stone you are interested in to see why an ES missed ACA.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the particular stone. Pretty much any ACA is bound to be a winner; however, I''ve noticed that some ES stones look a lot better than others. A few of the princesses labeled "ES" have ASETs that look way off to me, and a few of them look like they could have been ACAs.

Here are a couple of ES princesses that look like they could have been ACAs:
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-178871.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-43128.htm#

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
also, one thing to think of....if you ever entertain the thought of upgrading...I know you can upgrade , sell back, your ACA to WF....but I dont think you can do that with the ES.
not 100% sure, but I seem to remember hearing that when I was shopping.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I believe the trade up policy is good for stones they cut (even ES''s) or recommend. When they give it the "cherry" rating they are recommending it. Of course, all those details should be confirmed with WF.

I don''t think you usually find an ACA with an extremely thin. Don''t know for sure but I am guessing that could be what got it an ES.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results