shape
carat
color
clarity

Miu Miu Handbag....what have I done???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
This is all the fault of certain PSers who shall remain nameless...you know who you are!
31.gif

I was at NM yesterday, and somehow walked out with my first high-end designer bag. What have I done?
23.gif
For some reason it spoke to me: squishy, summery, comfortable...and terrifyingly white. (Have no idea how I''ll keep it clean)

I did look at B-bags, of course...but REALLY don''t like the big gold-colored hardware...

Anyhoo, here''s a pic: Miu Miu...I don''t even know what the style is called. Do you like it? Was I temporarily insane? Should I return it?

widget

00miumiu56.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh widget it''s so cute!!! and i can totally see you with it. i love it! KEEP IT!

and just treat the leather to try to help it be more stain resistant...

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
At the next Bay Area Get Together I expect to see all the newest bling AND these gorgeous handbags that seem to be flying around everywhere!!! Now you are hooked, Widget, I might be next. I secretly love these soft leather things but have never been willing to cough up the big bucks for purses! I agree about some having too much metal (too heavy to carry around) but your is just perfect! Lucky you!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mara! (Did you guess you are among those referred to in my post above?
1.gif
)

I''m going to keep it.
1.gif

I''m sure the info is buried somewhere in that looooong B-bag thread, but what kind of treatment is best? ...preferrably one I can find in my dinky No.Cal hometown?

widget

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Swingirl
1.gif

Honestly....it's scary how influential PS can be.
32.gif
I'd never even thought about handbags before Mara started that B-bag thing!

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol widget i don''t know what kind of INFLUENCE you are talking about...
12.gif
hehee.

I bought the luvinmybags.com bbag treatment kit...I think they have other leather conditioner kits, but you can also just buy the cleaner solo or the treatment (helps repell stains and dirt i think) solo as well if you don''t want the kit.

Also there''s another leather conditioner that I know some gals used for their bbags but I can''t recall it right now. Carebear has it...I''m zoning out, but you can get it at specialty leather care stores like a bag restoration place or a shoe/cobbler kind of place.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh widget I LOVE it!!!!! Those are great bags. I just bought one for my daughter''s 19th bday. She was obssessed with it, but doesn''t know I got it for her.
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s cute Widget! I love the twisty handles. Congrats!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful...congratulations!! It''s a definate keeper!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Widget! Wear your new bag in good health!! PS has corrupted me, too. Thanks to a certain thread here, I recently bought a Balenciaga bag and I'm thinking about getting the Hermes Constance bag. Someone please talk me out of it. I looked at a Constance bag the other day, and I really don't see how or where the workmanship or leather is any better than any other bag.
23.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really a lovely looking bag! What are you really doubting, how much you like the bag or whether you are going to be able to keep it clean? If it''s the latter, I''d definitely consider some treatment to help out. Another thing is hanging it on chairs and hangers when you set it down instead of putting it on the floor or on the table. That''s how my cream color bag got all dirty looking on the bottom and sides.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Widget I love it--so summery! I can just see you strolling down the street with some cute capri pants and maybe a straw hat and your new bag; tres chic!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously be careful what you wear, I had jeans on that had been washed many times and they got all over my new car seats...which are beige. If you wear something that can transfer, it can rub against the bag and discolor it...but it is so cute, I really like it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a gorgeous bag! I have been lusting after a bright white handbag for a while but I''ve been too scared to go for it! I am drooling over here!

And I second diamondfan on the jeans thing. I have a yellow suede Marc By Marc bag and I turned it a bit blue on the side that faces me from wearing it with dark jeans one day.
8.gif

But I''m sure treating your new beauty with some sort of stain guard will help with keeping it clean.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
widget, I think it''s gorgeous. yay for you it''s wonderful!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great bag! I bought a product from the shoe repair called Dry Cleaner (may be used on fabric, suede and natural leather) to remove scuffs/marks from my white leather bag. It stinks
14.gif
, but is effective.

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
You done good girl!! It looks lovely widget....congratulations!

p.s. don''t listen (keep it) to the voices (keep it) or be influenced (keep it) by others....
11.gif
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widget, I love it! Glad to hear you are keeping her, she''s a beaut. I recently acquired a "chalk" (beige) Marc by Marc Jacobs bag that I absolutely love...so far it hasn''t gotten dirty and I''ve been carrying it to work every day. My biggest issue will be not bumping up against the car (if it hasn''t been washed) when I get in and out of it in the garage--there isn''t much space between it and the garage wall. Other than that it hasn''t been difficult to keep clean at all. (Knocking wood, lol!)
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful handbag Widget! I love purses and I am glad to see that you have caught the bug now too. Once you''ve owned a designer bag there''s no turning back you know!!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How pretty!
1.gif

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Widget, that is a lovely handbag! Definitely keep it!
As for cleaner/conditioner/repellent I have them all! I first spray the bag down with Shining Monkey repellent spray. Once a month or so I use Apple Garde to clean the surface. When the leather starts looking dry, I condition it with Lovin My Bags Ultimate Moisturizing Cream
41.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 1:22:49 PM
Author: widget
Thanks, Swingirl
1.gif

Honestly....it''s scary how influential PS can be.
32.gif
I''d never even thought about handbags before Mara started that B-bag thing!

widget
HAHHAHA - no kidding! SCARY for sure!

I haven''t been bitten by the handbag bug - just cannot seem to get behind the idea of spending 1K for a bag.....but I''ll admit I''m HUGELY influenced and swayed by the jewel creations here!

I''m developing an itch to try something in a colored stone! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 4:45:19 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Hi, Widget! Wear your new bag in good health!! PS has corrupted me, too. Thanks to a certain thread here, I recently bought a Balenciaga bag and I''m thinking about getting the Hermes Constance bag. Someone please talk me out of it. I looked at a Constance bag the other day, and I really don''t see how or where the workmanship or leather is any better than any other bag.
23.gif

Just say no, Madam......hee hee.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Widge----it''s such a sweet, pretty bag! Lady-like, classic, and I love the banding detail. Gives the bag some texture and interest. Plus, ya can''t lose with Miu Miu leather....waaay soft! Every lady must own at least one white bag, no? You''ve picked a winner.
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Widget it''s great! I have been totally longing for a white bag and now I can live vicariously through your purchase.

It''s so perfect for spring and summer. Very, very nice!!
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on owning your first high-end bag! It''s a keeper, for sure. Very cute. I use Apple Garde Rain and Stain Repellant, especially on the handles, to protect my b-bags.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results