shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
funny el...i was talking with my sister last nite about AE because she wears them too (she''s 16) and she had a pair on and she was saying that after she wears them for a while her butt sags a bit. i was like me too! i have to keep drying mine so that they keep tightening up a bit. but hey for $30 i am not complaining. i told her to check out the paige''s.
Does anyone know how AE compares to Gap Jeans? I need some new cheapo jeans as the two pairs I''ve worn over the last year are really showing their age. . .They''re just plain gap jeans (curvy boot cut) and I''m looking for a brand/style that is affordable (and flattering) so I can have a few pairs to wear when I''m out in the garden. I am afraid to wear any jeans over $100 while digging up dirt!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2007 4:26:19 PM
Author: Mara
see i love the slim thighs of the paige''s...because i have pretty skinny legs...but my hips and waist don''t really match my legs. so i love the paiges for their thin legs but i wish they were a bit more generous up around the waist area.
Mara I just got a pair of Paige''s in Aftehours wash in the Pico syele and I am loving them. But they are rather squeezy in the waist but fit my newly thinned thighs very nicely. I wished I gone up a size but I am sitting here as I type damp stretching the waistband. Lucky its an extremely hot day here today so being wet around the middle is''nt to much of a hardship
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 12:13:37 AM
Author: katebar

Date: 1/28/2007 4:26:19 PM
see i love the slim thighs of the paige''s...because i have pretty skinny legs...but my hips and waist don''t really match my legs. so i love the paiges for their thin legs but i wish they were a bit more generous up around the waist area.
Mara I just got a pair of Paige''s in Aftehours wash in the Pico syele and I am loving them. But they are rather squeezy in the waist but fit my newly thinned thighs very nicely. I wished I gone up a size but I am sitting here as I type damp stretching the waistband. Lucky its an extremely hot day here today so being wet around the middle is''nt to much of a hardship
9.gif
lol kate...yes i love them!! but at first yeah the waist was a bit uncomfortable. however, i have to say after i washed them and let them air dry, either my body had shrunk a bit or the jeans gave a bit because it was way better. so maybe try washing them and then letting them air dry and putting them on when they are like 75% dry. after that they have been basically spot on.

the next pair i got, of the superblue LC''s...i didn''t have the waist problem at all. but i think i lost a bit more in my hips/waist since then so now they fit absolutely perfect, and actually now even need a bit of extra dryer time after wearing them for a whole day before i can wear them out at night.

def my favorites though. i am on the hunt for my next pair. how do you like the pockets on the pico?? are they flattering to your bootie? i am tempted to get these but am unsure what they might do (or not do) for me.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 12:48:52 AM

def my favorites though. i am on the hunt for my next pair. how do you like the pockets on the pico?? are they flattering to your bootie? i am tempted to get these but am unsure what they might do (or not do) for me.
Mara these were the ''perfect'' jean recommended by Zafu for my flat butt. I really like them and the positioning of the pockets is very flattering. My 15 year old thought they drew too much attention to that part of my anatomy as the pockets also have the lace detailing which I''m not sure is on all Pico''s. But you know what 40 somethings are quite allowed to draw attention to themselves if they want to so there
9.gif
The best part is I got them with shipping for $130
36.gif
. In a local shop here they were well over $275 so I will always order online and be on the look out for sales.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i just went to nordies and tried on a few diff paige washes, i LOVE the pico!!! i tried it in midnight rocker and it''s super cute and flattering. now i just have to get it and not pay retail lol!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the Pico too! I have the Pico Matador and it''s one of my favorite Paiges (the other fave is the Met Ombre Las Palmas) The pockets aren''t too big and totally flattering.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
oh jeans. i just bought a pair of citizen jeans a few weeks ago that have an intricate navy and gold (not mettalic) stitching design covering the entire pockets. i had to get them b/c there was a short sleaved navy sweatshirt jacket w/ cute brass buttons that looked really cute with it (also citizen)--so i spent almost 400 at nordies for 1 cute but super casual outfit. i love it, but now i''m bummed b/c i learned some really interesting facts about jeans yesterday at a little boutique that specializes in high-end jeans. alot of the brands like citizen and seven and paige etc DO come in various lengths! just not every place sells them! so, for example, one of my favorite pairs of jeans are my seven A pockets, and i only wear them with flat shoes or flip flops. same really with all of my jeans, b/c even though i may think some of them will work with heels when i buy them, i''m usually just justifying to myself why i''m buying another pair of $150+ jeans, and also i think sometimes the legs shrink length-wise too.

so, now i know where to go to get a few pairs of 36" inseam jeans that i can really wear with heels even after they shrink up! too bad i just bought that outfit at nordies. but actually i should probably wait and see if i loose some more weight, b/c a few months ago i took 2 pairs of my 29'' jeans to get the waists taken in and they fit really well right now, especially right out of the dryer, but they get a little loose after a while. so maybe i''ll wait and get some long length 28'' waist jeans, rather than more jeans that i have to get altered. i already have my 28'' sevens to wear with flip flops sitting in the back of my closet waiting waiting waiting for me to start wearing them again! nothing is sadder than a neglected pair of too-tight jeans

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Picos. Mara...if you find them below retail (and not the skinny version), I need to know! A 27 please. I only find the skinny version and size 25 on sale.

lawmax :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 11:54:50 AM
Author: lawmax

I love the Picos. Mara...if you find them below retail (and not the skinny version), I need to know! A 27 please. I only find the skinny version and size 25 on sale.

lawmax :)
Lawmax, there is a 28 on eBay I was watching for $115 BIN which is not bad. When you say skinny version, I didn''t know there were diff versions, aka are you meaning a skinny leg? Let me know because I would want to make sure I am not buying the wrong thing! The one I tried on at Nordies was more a flare leg like the Laurel Canyons.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump. Any hudson lovers out there? I just ordered a pair and I cannot wait for them to come. I got the classic triangle pocket in a dark wash for sale on bluefly. I had a pair of hudsons a long time ago and I loved them because the back pockets gave my flat booty some personality and the slank pockets in front made my hips look slim and my legs look long.

I''m also a big fan of paige jeans. I have a pair of LC''s in a dark wash that I absolutely love. I wear them about 3x a week.
A while back I got a pair of hush style diesel jeans for $27 at marshalls!!!!! I hemmed them really short and I wear them with flats and kitten heals.

For my bday in april I want to get a pair of straight jeans that are slim enough to tuck in tall boots, but not so slim that they look too tapered when I wear flats. Anyone have any recommendations?

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
kc, the 7 bootcut jeans are not tapered (obviously), but they''re narrow enough that you could easily tuck them into jeans.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2007 4:10:01 PM
Author: nejarb
kc, the 7 bootcut jeans are not tapered (obviously), but they''re narrow enough that you could easily tuck them into jeans.
Thanks for the tip, I''ll try some on one of these days. I was also eyeing the true religion straight leg johnny style jeans, they looked pretty spiffy as well.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/31/2006 6:25:50 PM
Author: katebar
Sorry to hijack this thread but can anyone give me advice on sizing of the Paige''s. I have a pair of Joe''s socialite in size 30 that I bought (last year
2.gif
) when I was in the US. They stretched and I should have gone down a size. The I bought from revolve a pair of AG''s capri style in a 30 and they are a wee bit snug. I want to get some Paige''s from Ebay very cheap but don''t know whether to go down to a 29. I don''t want the dreaded muffin top look so any advice would be appreciated
I was reading something in the Washington Post a year or so ago, they did an article on jeans and jean boutiques and so forth in Georgetown. Anyway, they said that when buying jeans you should buy the pair that you can just zip up. You have to be able to zip them up, of course, but they should be tight and almost uncomfortable. Because, like you said, they stretch. Even nice, 300 dollar jeans stretch. But you want them to stretch-to-fit, not stretch out of shape.

So there''s that, anyway.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did the zafu site and it recommends Lucky lil maggie''s for me. so, I went and tried some on today and they are cute. I was trying on a couple different sizes and the sales people there told me the same thing that I should go with the smaller pair and even go down another size b/c they will loosen up with wear. I didn''t buy any yet b/c I''m going to LA in a few weeks where I''ll have a way to try on paige''s and other brands that no one carries here so we''ll see what I end up with. I really do need new jeans in such a big way!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
julianna that''s true...but i think it''s only if the jeans have stretch in the,? the 100% cotton ones i think they were saying should not be as tight as you can buy jeans with some spandex in them. but yeah i read the same thing about barely being able to get them on and zip them up, aka if they fit perfectly or you have room then they will stretch out and be too big but if they are ALMOST too tight when you try them on, they will stretch out to be perfect. it seems kind of like a risk to take hehehe...but who knows. i have had jeans stretch out for sure!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
went to saks 5th outlet yesterday and they had a ton of new designer jeans, i guess they just got a big designer shipment. i tried on a ton of sevens..i used to LOVE their jeans but now they just do not flatter my new body shape, they make my butt look flat! i tried on A pockets and also a glittery swirl pocket but both just looked blah. i tried on some more joe's and again just could not really make them work...i was tempted to get one of the honey jeans because it looked 'pretty good' and for $90 why not...but then i found the ones i ended up buying. they are from Yanuk which i am TOTALLY unfamiliar with but they are SWEET!!!! they totally perk my butt up and make it look shapely and perky and not flat at all. they have some stitching along the pockets area so it draws attention to that area and actually makes my hips look smaller, and then there is stiching along the top of the butt and also on the pockets that again makes your butt and hips look smaller in the back. they are an awesome wash and perfect length. i was like OMG these are AWESOME. and they were like $90, retail was $180. SCORE. i should have gotten 2 pairs. i looked them up online and bluefly has them, i think i found the ones that are like mine...but now i am tempted to try more by this designer. very flattering.

here's the front. mine is a more vintage wash so a little lighter on the blues and more variation. and the material is super soft, love it.

yanuk lizzie a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here''s the back.

yanuk lizzie b.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love those jeans Mara. I bet they look great on you.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are really cute mara.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought two pair today; one Mark Jacobs, slightly lighter wash and quite narrow (but not skinny) and Ellie Tahari, darker wash also very narrow. Tried on some Citizens but liked these and the Tahari''s were 30% off...... I am getting rid of my old MIss Sixties--they are heavy and all cotton (no stretch) and I am bored with them.

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 4:23:32 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Bump. Any hudson lovers out there? I just ordered a pair and I cannot wait for them to come. I got the classic triangle pocket in a dark wash for sale on bluefly. I had a pair of hudsons a long time ago and I loved them because the back pockets gave my flat booty some personality and the slank pockets in front made my hips look slim and my legs look long.

I''m also a big fan of paige jeans. I have a pair of LC''s in a dark wash that I absolutely love. I wear them about 3x a week.

A while back I got a pair of hush style diesel jeans for $27 at marshalls!!!!! I hemmed them really short and I wear them with flats and kitten heals.

For my bday in april I want to get a pair of straight jeans that are slim enough to tuck in tall boots, but not so slim that they look too tapered when I wear flats. Anyone have any recommendations?

kcoursolle, I would recommend the Citizens of Humanity Ava fit. It''s a true straight leg as opposed to a tapered leg so it will work for both looks. The True Religion Johnny would also be perfect-my favorite wash in them is Pony Express Dark.

And if anyone has any other denim queries, ask away, because I''m a buyer for a premium denim boutique so...not to brag, but I''m pretty much an expert!
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 9:18:52 PM
Author: thing2of2

kcoursolle, I would recommend the Citizens of Humanity Ava fit. It''s a true straight leg as opposed to a tapered leg so it will work for both looks. The True Religion Johnny would also be perfect-my favorite wash in them is Pony Express Dark.

And if anyone has any other denim queries, ask away, because I''m a buyer for a premium denim boutique so...not to brag, but I''m pretty much an expert!
3.gif
I just checked out the TR johnny style and I love them!!!! I''m really considering getting them once I figure out what size to get. I wear a 27 in hudson and a 28 in paige jeans (they seem to run smaller I think), so what size do you think I should get in true religion jeans? I''m really not sure how they fit or wear out.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 9:46:10 PM

3.gif

I just checked out the TR johnny style and I love them!!!! I''m really considering getting them once I figure out what size to get. I wear a 27 in hudson and a 28 in paige jeans (they seem to run smaller I think), so what size do you think I should get in true religion jeans? I''m really not sure how they fit or wear out.

The Johnnys are such a hot jean...you will love them! That''s a tough call on the size...I always err on the side of tight because I don''t like to wash my jeans that often. However, True Religions do tend to run a bit on the small side. (And they''re pretty low rise, FYI.)

I''m assuming your Paiges are stretch? Are they a light wash or a dark wash? Light washes usually fit smaller than dark washes. (And a lot of times they''re shorter than dark washes, too.)

I would recommend trying them on in a store if at all possible. If it''s not possible, I would go with a 28. Or my trick when ordering online if I''m not sure what size to get is to put it on a credit card instead of my debit card and order the two sizes and ship whichever one I don''t want back. (Obviously I make sure they let me return for a refund.)

Hope that helps and doesn''t complicate things too much...sizing is honestly the biggest unknown in jeans!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the COH Ava and I really like it for a straight leg. It''s one of my only straight legs...I am not a huge fan of the straight, I''m such a bootcut and flare gal!!! But I wear the Ava all the time with flats...except now they are a little big, I keep having to shrink them down in the dryer every time I wear them and then if I wear them all day I have to dry them again for 30 min before I can wear them out at night or else I get baggy butt hehe.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 12:01:38 AM
I have the COH Ava and I really like it for a straight leg. It''s one of my only straight legs...I am not a huge fan of the straight, I''m such a bootcut and flare gal!!! But I wear the Ava all the time with flats...except now they are a little big, I keep having to shrink them down in the dryer every time I wear them and then if I wear them all day I have to dry them again for 30 min before I can wear them out at night or else I get baggy butt hehe.

The Ava is definitely the perfect "crossover" jean! It''s the best one at my store for converting bootcut and flare wearers! Humanity is definitely one of the best, most flattering denim brands out there!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 1:00:05 AM

Date: 4/2/2007 12:01:38 AM

The Ava is definitely the perfect ''crossover'' jean! It''s the best one at my store for converting bootcut and flare wearers! Humanity is definitely one of the best, most flattering denim brands out there!
I find them super flattering as far as making your legs look long and thin, but they always give me muffintop bleh! I don''t have much of a waistline, but if I size up then it''s baggy in the butt. What a bummer, I do like the look of them though.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I purchased my bday present a little early
27.gif
heehee and ordered the johnny TR jeans!! Yay!! I can''t wait to get them. I ended up ordering two sizes and I will return the one that doesn''t work. I purchased them in the color "lone star." I loved the dark look of it and I think it will look great with my tall brown boots. Here''s a link to the style:

http://www.shoplastyle.com/tier/index.asp?SKU=TRU80L

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And if anyone has any other denim queries, ask away, because I'm a buyer for a premium denim boutique so...not to brag, but I'm pretty much an expert!
3.gif
HI:

Great! I am interested in some white denim/jeans--any recommendations thing2of2?

BTW, I found those (skinny) MJ jeans I bought on the weekend really stretched out quickly--didn't have them on an hour and I was pulling them up every two seconds. Should have bought a smaller size, I guess; but they fit in the store. What a drag. So far of the three pair of jeans I have bought in as many months, the GoldSign have fit the "best".

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 3:21:35 PM
Author: canuk-gal

3.gif
HI:

Great! I am interested in some white denim/jeans--any recommendations thing2of2?

BTW, I found those (skinny) MJ jeans I bought on the weekend really stretched out quickly--didn''t have them on an hour and I was pulling them up every two seconds. Should have bought a smaller size, I guess; but they fit in the store. What a drag. So far of the three pair of jeans I have bought in as many months, the GoldSign have fit the ''best''.

cheers--Sharon

At the store I work at I have white Citizens of Humanity Avas on order. The color is called Santorini, I believe, but it''s straight up white. I like the Ava fit because it is a true straight leg-not super tapered. I''ve tried on super tapered white jeans and it looks a little naked for some reason! Anyways, I definitely recommend those! They are on Nordstrom.com already. I didn''t check other websites but you can probably find them elsewhere, too.

Last spring I bought a pair of white Seven Roxys, which is a similar fit to the Ava, and I wear them a lot! It took a while to work them into my wardrobe rotation but now I love them!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 5:02:55 PM
I purchased my bday present a little early
27.gif
heehee and ordered the johnny TR jeans!! Yay!! I can''t wait to get them. I ended up ordering two sizes and I will return the one that doesn''t work. I purchased them in the color ''lone star.'' I loved the dark look of it and I think it will look great with my tall brown boots. Here''s a link to the style:

http://www.shoplastyle.com/tier/index.asp?SKU=TRU80L

I mean, you need them ahead of time so you''ll be able to be able to wear on your birthday, obviously!
3.gif
And I love that wash! So perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results