shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC insurance! Who''s the best/cheapest?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

punch

Rough_Rock
I called a few insurance places and I''ve gotten quotes for around $500. Some make me buy renter''s insurance. Others allow me to get the Personal Articles Insurance by itself.

1) Is that quote high?
2) What is the cheapest insurance company out there?
3) Do I legally need to have renter''s insurance?

Thanks for your help!

magna2

Shiny_Rock
punch,

I am assuming that you are talking about purchasing insurance for a diamond ring since this is a diamond forum. If that is the case, insurance for rings is based on the appraised value of the insured item.

So I am a bit confused about the so call $500 quotes that you have been giving. Is this a quote for renter's insurance that has a rider for personal items or is this just a policy for personal items? If the quote is for the former, then it is not a bad price however if it is for the latter, I would suggest that you keep looking. Try calling Chubb, they provide coverage for your jewelry without having to have renter's or homeowner's policies.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results