shape
carat
color
clarity

Business clothes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
dj, i would say that i end up sending back roughly half of what i order...but it's not a big deal because all the shipping is free, so it's not as if i'm out any money for trying (unlike most places where you have to pay the return shipping and lose a few bucks every time you send something back). it's sooooo hard to find places that stock 4.5. nordstrom is really the only one, and even they don't always have tons of stuff. so zappos is totally worth it for me. i also love that you can search by size, so i don't spend time falling in love with a shoe only to find out that i can't have it.
3.gif

i know that there are a couple brands that fit my feet well and are comfy, so i tend to have better luck ordering those.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Ann Taylor has my absolute favorite work separates. I''m 5 ft tall and still have to get the petite pants altered, but they don''t look weird after alterations like normal length pants would. The petite jackets fit me great!

tinkerbell

Rough_Rock
I don''t have a favorite petite store, I just take everything to the tailor. I''m 4'' 10" - 4'' 11", depending on how I stand and how they measure me. I wear a 4.5-5 size shoe but my feet are really wide. It really makes shopping for shoes a pita. Shirts are the worst for me, my bra size is 38 D and button up shirts NEVER fit. Most of the time being small is ok, I always get help no matter where I go and people always think I''m younger then I am but sometimes it just sucks. It''s no fun to have to *climb* the store shelves when grocery shopping.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I feel your pain, ladies - I am 5''3" and a half with a size NINE shoe and a C cup up top. It took me MONTHS to find a nice dress boot because I have wide calves on top of my large shoe size. After working in schools where I found that kids get stuff on me all the time - markered while walking past the desk, glue spilled on table, etc. - I started buying all my stuff at New York and Company, in multiple colors when available. I just can''t afford to purchase the more expensive nicer separates from other places when I know that being around the kids will trash them. NY&Co is relatively cheap to replace and their clothing tends to be pretty classic and mixes and matches well over multiple seasons.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Equ - I have the same problem with nice boots and bigger calves, but just this season I found some from Naturalizer. They have a few versions with expanded calf; I got the Vander because that''s what my local store carried but there''s also one called the Kirsten that looks dressy and nice from the pics. link I wear them all the time and they are very comfortable.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
That zappos site is pretty neat! I specified my search, but unfortunately they didn''t have much in the way of narrow shoes... which fit best on me when I need high heels. I''m taking another trip to the mall today, so hopefully I get lucky!

*M*

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a gorgeous Tahari suit at Filene''s Basement for $130! Earlier in the day I had bought a pair of nice Editor pants and a matching jacket at Express (their suits always get written up in magazines for being good), and the jacket alone was more than I paid for the full Tahari suit
23.gif
So I am *totally* thrilled with my latest FB purchase! And this particular store seemed to have a nice Petites section too.

Gracie1

Rough_Rock
I love this thread - short people with small feet. JCrow other places that carry size 5 (at least online) are: Banana Republic - there shoes are fairly inexpensive and pretty comfortable; Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor Loft, Nordstrom''s (which someone else mentioned), Zappos, Steve Madden and Stuart Weitzman. I am a complete shoe addict and until I found these online stores was frustrated, but now I can buy all the shoes I want!!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m 5'' tall like poptart and LOVE Theory....I wear their size 00 pants and size P or S jackets. I like Theory becausee I think they''re cut on the small side and the pants are TDF! Roppongi is right, the drape of the fabric is just heavenly. I also wear my Theory pants with Gap kids, Forever 21 or H&M tops.
9.gif
If you need something right away BR''s petites came out with a 00 as well. Theory is available at Nordie''s, Macys and Bloomies. Check out Theory online at nordstrom.com, I think they have a pretty big selection. If you like something, you can always call my SA at the Theory outlet in Cabazon and they''ll ship it to you. I have accepted the fact that I have to alter my pants no matter what. If anyone needs any alteration person recs let me know, I have a few in SF and the Peninsula.

There are Theory stores but the one in Santana Row has closed
7.gif

shortblonde - I''m with you on the size 4.5 feet! Zappos is awesome, love their selection, I find myself buying a lot of Naturalizer and Stuart Weitzman because they offer size 4.5. Sometimes I can make size 5 work if I put my comfortable half insoles in them. I also love Giordano''s in NY! I have ordered a few pairs of Anne Klein and Stuart Weitzman from them (this is before Zappos came along).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad that people have found this thread useful! Short people with small feet need encouragement, too, lol!

Update on the business clothes: slowly but surely I am getting a wardrobe. Still have to run out to Talbot''s though. I was so excited to go to DSW because they have LOTS of shoes for wholesale prices, but they had only one shoe that fit my criteria and it was in a size eight. I couldn''t find anything on Zappos OR SteveMadden.com
32.gif
. So if someone spots ivory high heels in a size 5 please let me know. I have two outfits that I need ivory heels for because black just won''t work! Shopping is a workout!

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results