shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
That''s them! I keep eyeing those and the Las Palmas ... no bids on either yet!

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
sigh.

I officially hate all of you guys! Now I want new jeans....

I have two pairs of AG (angel and something else) that I love. The were a great deal at the outlet store near NYC. Since 27 is their sample size, I was able to pick them up for $39 and $59, the $39 ones were off the sample rack!

The Hollywood Hills look good to me - if I am a 27 in AG would it be the same in Paige jeans?

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2007 12:22:48 AM
Author: fisiogrl
sigh.

I officially hate all of you guys! Now I want new jeans....

I have two pairs of AG (angel and something else) that I love. The were a great deal at the outlet store near NYC. Since 27 is their sample size, I was able to pick them up for $39 and $59, the $39 ones were off the sample rack!

The Hollywood Hills look good to me - if I am a 27 in AG would it be the same in Paige jeans?
Hee heee.

I got 27s in AG Angels but 28s in Paige Hollywood Hills. According to zafu, the HHs "run small due to the slim thigh" and "you won''t spend all day wishing you had bought the smaller size."

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
thanks ellaila,
since ''thin thighs'' is not my problem the 28s are probably what I want. Ideally, I will find a place locally where I can try them on. Maybe Holts has them - anyone seen them in Vancouver?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
see i love the slim thighs of the paige''s...because i have pretty skinny legs...but my hips and waist don''t really match my legs. so i love the paiges for their thin legs but i wish they were a bit more generous up around the waist area. one of the gals on the jeans forum suggested getting a waistband extender which i guess is this plastic thing that snaps onto the button and gives you an extra inch of space to button the pants. which is nice except what if i want to wear a shorter top or something...i''d have to be sure i only wear the layered look with a long tank when i use it. haha. but i do absolutely LOVE the paiges...i have been scouring all the websites and ebay to try to find them below retail but it''s hard to find my size and also i found some 29''s but i am unsure about how much larger the leg area will be...i want the extra room in the waist but not leg. also some of the gals on the jeans forum said that some of the darker washes in paige have a bigger waistband, so i don''t want to get a larger size then have a big gap in the waist! it''s so hit or miss....!! i tried on the HH at nordies and i found the fit more ''generous'' all over than the LC''s. but zafu said that thing about the slim thigh which to me the LC''s have a much slimmer thigh. tricky!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2007 1:55:13 AM
thanks ellaila,
since ''thin thighs'' is not my problem the 28s are probably what I want. Ideally, I will find a place locally where I can try them on. Maybe Holts has them - anyone seen them in Vancouver?
HI:

I''ve seen them at Holt''s in Calgary--so I surmise they are carried, by them, throughout Canada. In fact Holt''s have the best selection of jeans I have ever seen.....

cheers--Sharon

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Had a chance to try on some Paige jeans in Aritzia today. I assume that they were the LCs because I found them to be too low. I just don''t like showing that much ''cleavage''. Anyway the 27 actually was a good fit, but I think that I will continue to source out the HH instead.

Guess my next trip will be to Holts.
28.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think Holts has them, I don''t remember seeing it the last time I was there.....I can''t wait to go to Vancouver again in 2 weeks and check out Aritzia... I love that store, they actually have small sized R&Rs there!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara: I was checking out this cool new maternity boutique & they had a whole TABLE full of Citizens (ric rac pocket--yum), Paiges, AG, on and on and on....so many jeans! I am going to try to get some more miles out of my current jeans by getting that pant extender & using a tummy tube (covers your open zipper) so I can wear them longer.

Jeannine

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 5:31:49 PM
Author: divergrrl
Mara: I was checking out this cool new maternity boutique & they had a whole TABLE full of Citizens (ric rac pocket--yum), Paiges, AG, on and on and on....so many jeans! I am going to try to get some more miles out of my current jeans by getting that pant extender & using a tummy tube (covers your open zipper) so I can wear them longer.

Jeannine
Wow, congratulations dg!!
36.gif
36.gif
I am assuming this means you and your dh are expecting again? I am so happy to hear your good news!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2007 12:51:32 AM
Had a chance to try on some Paige jeans in Aritzia today. I assume that they were the LCs because I found them to be too low. I just don't like showing that much 'cleavage'. Anyway the 27 actually was a good fit, but I think that I will continue to source out the HH instead.

Guess my next trip will be to Holts.
28.gif
HI:

When I was trying on the Paige LC at Artzia I asked the cutie salesgirl if she knew whether the prices varied much from their shop and Holts; and she mentioned her GF bought some Paiges at Holts and paid at least 20 bucks more for the same style jean (than their pricetag). That said, Holts just had their Now or Never Sale and some stuff was greatly reduced, but I found the jeans well picked over before I got there to check it out.

cheers--Sharon

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Canuk-gal,

I must have missed that sale at Holts. boo.

Anyway, I may try to stop in there tomorrow and see if they have any of the HH style jeans, just to try on. I could wait until our next trip to Seattle if the Holt ones are way overpriced. But thanks for the heads up! I hate paying more than I should!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
HLMR: yes we are.....yay! thanks...hey, what is that DELISH stone in your avatar? I am mesmerized.

Great deal on designer Jeans: If you live near a Nordstrom Rack, check their premium denim rack. I always see True Religions, Seven, Joe''s Jeans, Juicy, etc...(selection varies) and everything is marked from $69 to $129....major scores to be had there. They have 3 here in Portland, and I know there has to be one in Seattle somewhere. (Nordy''s corp HQ is out of Seattle--I bet their Rack rocks even more than ours do).

I big puffy heart Nordstrom Rack for good designer duds at cheap prices.

I''m still obsessed with the Citizen Kelly Jean with the Barcelona Pocket... almost bought those the other day & now wished I would have. I also love the Ric Rac pocket on Citzens too. Those jeans are major thigh slimmers....every time I wear my citizens my friends always ask if I''ve lost weight. Yippee!

Jeannine aka beached divergrrl...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2007 5:20:51 PM
Author: divergrrl
HLMR: yes we are.....yay! thanks...hey, what is that DELISH stone in your avatar? I am mesmerized.
That's such great news!!!
35.gif

My avatar is a 5.11 fancy red diamond that I am getting for Valentine's Day!
30.gif
31.gif
........ Not!!
39.gif
I wish it could be mine....isn't it yummy?!?

Here is a link to this stunner!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just thought i would revive this thread to say how much i am IN LOVE with my paige jeans that i bought a month or so ago. the waist either stretched out a bit or i lost a bit at my lower waist (though my measurements say the same) because now they fit PERFECTLY (i also finally washed them so maybe that helped?)...i am in mega love with them. i would wear them every day if i could. i get compliments on them all the time.

so now i am trying to find another pair...mostly on ebay and here and there, but they are elusive for a good deal. anyway...i wanted to post this too since i thought it was interesting. for anyone who doesn't know the background on paige, she was the fit model for seven jeans and a bunch of other premier designers for years, then decided to go off and make her own brand. i saw this on a site and thought it was interesting:

"Paige's 36-27-37 figure has been the de facto standard for all designer jeans."

because those are my measurements (except i am a 35 bust)...so maybe that is why i love them so darn much and feel like they are so flattering to me? anyway, it was also interesting to me becasue typically i tend to think of 'fit models' as being really tall and super skinny, like 34 hips or whatever with a 25 waist and 5'11", not like us mere mortals...but these measurements to me are more 'normal'. so yay for that!

anyway if anyone has similiar measurements and is considering a new pair of jeans, try paiges. i am in love!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 1:25:25 PM
Author: Mara
just thought i would revive this thread to say how much i am IN LOVE with my paige jeans that i bought a month or so ago. the waist either stretched out a bit or i lost a bit at my lower waist (though my measurements say the same) because now they fit PERFECTLY (i also finally washed them so maybe that helped?)...i am in mega love with them. i would wear them every day if i could. i get compliments on them all the time.
Hi Mara, can I ask you what the name of your Paige jeans are - do they have names? When I went shopping for jeans about a month ago, I passed them by at Bloomies since I had never heard of them, but now I''m curious!
31.gif
I ended up buying Joe''s Jeans and I feel the same way about them - definitely in love
30.gif
and I wear them constantly! The wash is amazing on them and I''m 5''7" and didn''t need them hemmed - they fit perfectly! I hightly recommend them as well! However, I would like to try the Paige jeans too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 1:48:30 PM
Author: blushingbride

Date: 2/13/2007 1:25:25 PM
Hi Mara, can I ask you what the name of your Paige jeans are - do they have names? When I went shopping for jeans about a month ago, I passed them by at Bloomies since I had never heard of them, but now I'm curious!
31.gif
I ended up buying Joe's Jeans and I feel the same way about them - definitely in love
30.gif
and I wear them constantly! The wash is amazing on them and I'm 5'7' and didn't need them hemmed - they fit perfectly! I hightly recommend them as well! However, I would like to try the Paige jeans too.
BB...my coworker LOVES joe's jeans, she has 2 pairs she wears all the time. i tried on a pair recently and they just did not flatter my shape...the paiges do more for me. but the nuances are not huge. they just didn't totally flatter my butt like the paige's do. she also loves my paige's and wants to try a pair herself.

the paige style i wear is Laurel Canyon...it's a lower rise one (7.5" i think) but not super low, aka when i sit down or bend over i'm more than fine. there is also a 8" rise which is hollywood hills ... i like those too but they are a slightly diff look on me. i really love the LC's...so i want to get another pair of those since i know i love the style, but in a different wash. i'm also 5'7" and the paige hems are perfect for my 2.5-3" heeled shoes. if you see a pair of paiges look in the waistband and it has a sewn on little tag that says 'laurel canyon' or 'hollywood hills' or whatever.

i didn't try the joe's 'honey' style which is what my friend/coworker swears by, i only found another style called the 'lover' and it was just totally not for me. so if i ever come across the 'honey' i will try those and see!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2007 1:58:39 PM

BB...my coworker LOVES joe''s jeans, she has 2 pairs she wears all the time. i tried on a pair recently and they just did not flatter my shape...the paiges do more for me. but the nuances are not huge. they just didn''t totally flatter my butt like the paige''s do. she also loves my paige''s and wants to try a pair herself.

the paige style i wear is Laurel Canyon...it''s a lower rise one (7.5'' i think) but not super low, aka when i sit down or bend over i''m more than fine. there is also a 8'' rise which is hollywood hills ... i like those too but they are a slightly diff look on me. i really love the LC''s...so i want to get another pair of those since i know i love the style, but in a different wash. i''m also 5''7'' and the paige hems are perfect for my 2.5-3'' heeled shoes. if you see a pair of paiges look in the waistband and it has a sewn on little tag that says ''laurel canyon'' or ''hollywood hills'' or whatever.

i didn''t try the joe''s ''honey'' style which is what my friend/coworker swears by, i only found another style called the ''lover'' and it was just totally not for me. so if i ever come across the ''honey'' i will try those and see!
The "Honey" style is what I have - so your friend and I agree on that! They are just great - do give them a try if you have some time and are in the jeans section! Thanks for the heads-up on the Laurel Canyons - I will look into those next. I don''t like the to show my rear to the world so, those might work. I have 2 pairs of Citizens and when I bend or sit, everyone can see everything - I hate that!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
All of you are the worst influence -- although hubby is even WORSE encouraging me to buy jeans that will fit me well.

So I just ordered a pair of PETITE Paige Laurel Canyons... and the petite Joe Provocateur jeans... can''t wait for them to get here! I think it is cool that good designers are starting to figure out that women DO exist who are under 5''7...
31.gif

Gracie1

Rough_Rock
Lindsey, I have two pairs of the Joe''s Provacateur - a dark wash and a lighter wash and I love them both, but my fave is definitely the Paige Petite LC''s. I have a regular pair of Paige LC''s and Hollywood Hills, I like both, but they just don''t fit like the petite''s. But, I like many others in this thread, love Paige''s and am now a total groupie. I can''t wait to hear your feedback on them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHEE! I won an eBay auction today for a pair of LC''s in the Superblue wash, which is apparently like a true med-darkish blue wash with some fading but no other-color undertones...I wanted a wash that was different from the LC''s I have now (dark scrape with some ''destruction'') and I have a lot of very dark jeans and I have read on a few forums and stuff that gals love this wash. So I am SUPER excited!!! I also really would love a pair in Dark Clean but I figure I''ll get these then see what I want, maybe I can get Hollywood Hills in DC. But I am so jazzed about a 2nd pair of Paiges, I hope they fit well!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i have the dark clean and am a big fan of the color.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:31:35 AM
WHEE! I won an eBay auction today for a pair of LC''s in the Superblue wash, which is apparently like a true med-darkish blue wash with some fading but no other-color undertones...I wanted a wash that was different from the LC''s I have now (dark scrape with some ''destruction'') and I have a lot of very dark jeans and I have read on a few forums and stuff that gals love this wash. So I am SUPER excited!!! I also really would love a pair in Dark Clean but I figure I''ll get these then see what I want, maybe I can get Hollywood Hills in DC. But I am so jazzed about a 2nd pair of Paiges, I hope they fit well!

OK... spill -- what forum talks about jeans? I am intrigued
1.gif
Right now I only go on makeupalley to see what gals are saying about jeans and such.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Gracie, did you just have the regular Paige''s hemmed? How do they look after hemming? I''m afraid of ever hemming bootcut jeans

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe lindsey, the forum is AuthenticForum, you can google it and get more info! i don't really hang anywhere else but sometimes it comes in handy to get an answer here and there! greg says there is a forum for everything!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mara....congrats on your Superblues!!!!
36.gif
They are really pretty, I''ve never seen them IRL. I wish I could find great deals on ebay, 24s are pretty hard to come by even at the outlets! Have you checked out Nordstrom Rack? I heard they got a shipment of Paiges.

I want a pair of Las Flores HH in medium clean in the near future, it''ll be my "summer jeans"
9.gif

Gracie1

Rough_Rock
Lindsey I did have the jeans hemmed, like I have to with most of them, and both pair of Paige''s turned out fine, even with the bootcut. I normally have about 3 to 3 1/2 inches taken off, so the bottoms still have the bootleg.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I've had my bootcut jeans hemmed too (chip & pepper and paige HHs), and they came out perfect. Just be sure to keep the original hem!

I got a pair of the much-hyped AE jeans last weekend, and OH, they rock! I got the Artist, and I looooove them ... and I looooooove the price!!
36.gif

ETA: I lied. I have the Hipsters, not the Artist. Oops.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know ela...aren''t the AE jeans great for super basics? as much as i love my paige''s or COH''s i can''t wear them every day and the AE artist fill the gap nicely. i really love the Hipster as well, the Hipsters i have are VERY soft dark jean material like my paiges...whereas the Artists are a thicker jean denim.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so my Paige Superblue''s came yesterday (Talk about fast shipping!) and I LOVE THEM. I just tried them on really quickly last nite to make sure they fit before I washed them and they looked SWEET. Perfect fit...and the wash is divine. Seriously I can tell these are going to be my new favorite jeans. I love the dark scrape ones but I like that the Superblue''s don''t have the ''scrape'' done on them, aka the threading/fraying areas that the DS ones, which are fun for when I want to be edgy but sometimes I want to dress up the jeans a bit and it''s better without the fraying, lol. So jazzed.

funny el...i was talking with my sister last nite about AE because she wears them too (she''s 16) and she had a pair on and she was saying that after she wears them for a while her butt sags a bit. i was like me too! i have to keep drying mine so that they keep tightening up a bit. but hey for $30 i am not complaining. i told her to check out the paige''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results