shape
carat
color
clarity

Average budget for ERings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
My budget was $5000 US for the stone, and we spent about $400 CDN on the plain gold setting, plus maybe $200 for each of our wedding rings, I think. No where near 2 months salary for him, or even 1 months, but he barely agreed to the engagement ring thing in the first place (not a big thing in his culture). I got a 1.2ct K SI1. It gets compliments all the time. Any bigger and it would probably be way out of place here in Canada.
We''d rather have our savings to buy a house in a few years or to travel. We''d have had the money to blow $20000 on a ring, but I wouldn''t have felt comfortable wearing it.
I''d say pick an amount that you feel comfortable spending from the savings you already have. DON''T go into debt to buy a ring. If you think you''ll want something bigger in the future, buy from one of the stores that will let you upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results