shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeans

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Loehmann''s in Milpitas rocks! Like Mara says it''s really clean and organized. It is definitely better than the Loehmanns in the city - that one is so disorganized and there''s clothes everywhere. What I really love about the Loehmann''s in Milpitas is that they have the dressing rooms with doors behind the big one with the mirror where everyone take off their clothes in front of everyone else (sooo embarrassing!). The one in Sunnyvale is smaller and still kind of disorganized.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol LH i never really care about the big dressing room area. i figure...i never look at anyone else because i'm too busy doing my own thing, so i figured why would anyone else be looking at me? hehe. except the worker there, i think she checks everyone out, lol! they always look so incredibly bored! also i think those big dressing rooms make you change incredibly quick, lol.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought some jeans today that were NOT Miss Sixties...LOL...and they are a great fit, soft, and a lovely dark wash. Boot cut. They are made by Gold Sign, and altho I have never heard of them, they were the best on me!

ETA: I found them on NM site--I believe the style is called "envy"; and Gold Sign is from the designer of AG (etc) jeans.

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so my new jeans came today!! i tried them on and they fit a wee bit snug but i can tell they will be perfect when they stretch out. it wasn't a painful snug or anything...ehhee. i took some pics but my lighting was so dim and the flash was washing everything out so maybe i will try again tomorrow. they are SUPER CUTE and very flattering to my bootie. the LC is definitely a lower rise style and was fitting a little tight around my hips....i seem to have some weird digestive thing going on and i am soooo bloated it's not even funny, like an extra 2 inches bloated so i think they will fit fine after i go back to normal. but the butt and legs and everything were perfect. and perfect inseam for 2.5" heels. AND the material is sooo soft. i'm in serious love, i can't wait to wear them. i also really want the hollywood hills now after trying these because i think the slightly higher inseam will be really perfect for times when i am bloated...lol.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your dark scrapes! I sat next to a girl in a restaurant who had the same pair....they look hot! I am so glad that they fit you properly. I think that the LC is a little bit on the low side as well, it''s snug around my hips and the Hollywood Hills is perfect for me. They will definitely stretch a little bit to conform to your body....and you''re lucky the length is perfect for you! I love the wash of the dark scrapes....can''t wait to see them on you!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LH - thanks, it was a cool find. I''m not sure about the crease, I''ll have to check that. It was especially funny too because I just pulled them to try on at Nordstrom Rack and I had no idea what they were until I started reading about Paige LCs (I had tried Paige''s before but they never seemed to fit me right, but I think I just had the wrong style), and then a couple days later at home I read about them here and I checked the tag and sure enough.
9.gif
They are super-comfy - I can''t wait until I''m better and I can get them taken up!
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, cool find, Amber! It''s funny, I remember seeing Paiges months ago at Filene''s Basement and thinking "What brand is this?!" and didn''t even try them on because all I wanted back then were cute back pockets. Now, of course, I''m kicking myself! Oh well, hindsight is 20/20!

Is Nordstrom Rack a separate store? Or is it like a clearance section in Nordstroms?

Congrats on the jeans, Mara
21.gif
I tried on my HHs again today and yes, the 28 is definitely the right size for me - it''s like they were made for me (if I were, oh, three inches taller!)! Awesome. Can''t wait for my AGs to arrive! Hopefully tomorrow
36.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
So I got my AGs today and LOVE them! I think I like them even better than the Paiges (although they are more low-cut, which is what I didn''t want but I can deal), so I think these will satisfy me for now and that I''m going to return the Paiges and wait till I can find a good pair on sale. I got such a good deal on the AGs too, which I think makes me like them even more
9.gif

So I had the fun of splurging on super-expensive jeans at Bloomies and now I get the fun of getting a nice refund on my credit card and I still get a good pair of jeans out of it all -- win/win/win
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
ellaila - that does sound like a win/win/win situation! Congrats on your find
2.gif

Nordstrom Rack is a whole separate store. They have kind of a mixed stock, some stuff from Nordstrom''s that is either last season or just needed to be moved out of the regular stores or whatever, and some stuff that is their own brand(s) which isn''t usually as nice. You can find some great stuff there at amazing prices but you have to be willing to dig a little - that''s how I found the Paige LCs
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wore my paige LC''s today...LOVE LOVE LOVE them. the only downer is that they are a little tight around my waist...they fit 1000% perfect everywhere else and the waist is fine when i am standing or walking or whatever, no problems...but it bugs me when i sit for long periods of time aka desk. i might see if i can have the button moved out a tiny bit as i really just need a bit more room...though i did talk to a friend and she said they would stretch out the more i wore them so we''ll see. but in terms of fit on the butt, legs, everywhere else, they are awesome. i love the material, the dark crease, the wash...they look wonderful on and make me look thin!!
3.gif
now i really want the hollywood hills too. darn budget!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still cannot find out the name of my pocket on my Paige Hollywood Hills. I have some with the plain pocket and some with the floral star thing and both style pockets just say Hollywood Hills inside...I am going back to Smith Brothers to get more, and I will ask if there is a special name for them...

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan, is this the pocket that you have on the Hollywood Hills? If it is it''s the Henna pocket.

IMG_3421 (Small).jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my Blue Cult buttlifters today and am very happy with them! They do a nice job of sculpting out a roundish butt shape. They also have a lean shape through the hips and down to the knees. I''ll have to work with a tailor on finessing the part below the knees so that it flares a little less.

I''d say they''re very comparable to my Joe''s Honeys, although my Joe''s are waaay softer and more comfy!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky, YEAH that is it! You found it. I really love them, I generally like a plainer pocket but I love this design for some reason...

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 2:11:30 AM
Author: KristyDarling
I just got my Blue Cult buttlifters today and am very happy with them! They do a nice job of sculpting out a roundish butt shape. They also have a lean shape through the hips and down to the knees. I''ll have to work with a tailor on finessing the part below the knees so that it flares a little less.

I''d say they''re very comparable to my Joe''s Honeys, although my Joe''s are waaay softer and more comfy!
I love Joe''s Honey jeans!! Those are the one I ended up buying and they''re great!!! My FI loves them on me too!
31.gif
I have yet to try Paige jeans, but they''re next on my list of jeans to try.

Mara, you''re right - so many jeans, so little time (and money!)
38.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondfan - We have the same jeans! I''m glad you like the Henna pocket! I think it''s one of her prettiest pockets.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The Paige Henna medium cleans are on sale at azaleonline.com for anyone who''s a 25 or 26...

I love how my first post on this forum is responding to a jeans thread... Anyway, I am loving PS so far, been lurking for a while... lucky what is "azaleonline.com" ?? I have never heard of this site!! My absolute favorite jean is the seven A-pocket style. I like blue cults as well, and actually for more affordable, everyday jeans, I think lucky brand are the BEST! Plus they have short, regular, long and (I think) extra long inseams so no hemming required, yay! My fav is the dream or sweet dream!

21.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
little miss sunshine - Welcome to PS!
9.gif

http://www.azaleaonline.com

Azalea is actually a boutique in SF that has some really cute clothes and denim, they carry some really great brands like Paige, AG, Habitual, Siwy etc. They're having a huge sale right now.

Gracie1

Rough_Rock
Okay, I have found my favorite new pair of jeans - I got a pair of Paige LC jeans this past Saturday and they are the BEST jeans, they fit me so well (other than the fact they are about 5 inches too long) and they make me look 10 pounds thinner. Thank you to those that recommended them. I have since ordered a pair of Paige Hidden Hills, which hopefully will be here next week, hoping I love those just as much.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I have since ordered a pair of Paige Hidden Hills, which hopefully will be here next week, hoping I love those just as much.

gracie, isn''t it great to find a pair pants, jeans especially, that makes you feel like you look great! I just wanted to suggest that if you find the hidden hills are too much of a high rise, i''d STRONGLY recommend trying out the Hollywood Hills. The names are so similar, it gets confusing, but those are more of my everyday jeans, while the LCs are my going out, more evening jeans. the hollywood hills are VERY comfortable. A bit higher rise than the LCs. Perfect.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have LC, Hollywood Hills and Hidden Hills. I love the LC for going out, the Hollywood Hills is a good everyday jean as well but the Hidden Hills is something that I really appreciate when I feel bloated. Not everyone is going to like the Hidden Hills....I think I''m the only one!
21.gif

Gracie1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your feedback Lovelylulu and Luckyhonu. I just checked my order, they are Hollywood Hills, not Hidden, so they are the lower rise. I didn''t even realize they had Hidden Hill, although I must have gotten the name somewhere, sometimes I am completely out of it
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah i am really not into the hidden hills as they are too high for me, but the hollywood hills is perfect for a medium rise. the LC is a pretty low-rise actually. the HH i think is like 8" whereas LC is like 7.5" and i think hidden is like 8.5"? when i am really bloated i just tend to wear a flowy top that hits mid-hip and it hides whatever the jeans can''t..lol.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That''s a good idea for the floaty top Mara...however I don''t have any floaty tops because they look like dresses on me LOL
emwink.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 1:40:55 AM
Author: luckyhonu
diamondfan, is this the pocket that you have on the Hollywood Hills? If it is it''s the Henna pocket.
Diamondfan (or anyone else if you know), does the Henna have a crease down the leg? Thanks!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not think so, but I cannot recall...

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My LC Hennas have a crease down the leg.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks DF and luckyhonu!

There is a pair of Henna Hollywood Hills on ebay I''ve got my eye on, but I can''t tell if they''re creased or not. I''ve never tried on any w/creases, so I''m not sure I like them. I feel like that sort of limits them to being wearable only with boots/heels since the crease seems to make it less casual, no?

Hmmmm.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe elailla, i was eyeing those too...size 28? but i doubt i will get them, i''m on a spending ban!! they look super cute though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results