shape
carat
color
clarity

Cupcake lovers.... help!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
So, I''m coming over from the LIW board to get some help. I''m sold on having a cupcake tower instead of a wedding cake. I''m trying to convince SO that it would be a good idea. All the pictures I''ve found are too cutesy-I''m-having-a-birthday-party instead of elegant, chic for a wedding. I know there have to be some good pictures out there of cupcakes displayed in a way that is more wedding than birthday.

We are both very simple, clean lines type of people and our wedding will probably be in grey tones with lots of white. I''ve found some adorable colorful cupcakes, but if I show them to him... well, he''s never going to go for it.

Anyone have any pictures or links saved by any chance?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh do I have some pics for you... LOL we want to do a cupcake tower too. These are mostly red accented, but remember you can decorate however you want!
18.gif

Technical difficulties, hold on...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Have you checked out the cupcake thread in the family and home section?

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:59:27 PM
Author: luckystar112
Have you checked out the cupcake thread in the family and home section?

Nope, I didn''t know one existed! I don''t mosey over there too much but will definitely check it out!

Thanks!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

whitcupcake221.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

122232321.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
...oops, that was probably the girliest of all my pics, but you get the idea.
1.gif
Check out the knot too, you can search by mini cakes (which are cupcakes, don't know why they didn't just call it that).

aimeekcaribbeantree2.jpg

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Okay 1 more, these are just adorable...edit out the rose and you've a clean line cake.

rose_cupcakes-758630.jpg

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Sunnyd, the pictures are great! That tower is HUGE. It definitely would make a statement. I love the little square ones. I try to avoid the knot, but now I know what to search for on other sites! Maybe that''s what I was doing. Maybe they think mini cakes will be taken more seriously than cupcake?? Pshh, seems silly.

Thanks again for the pics!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was our cupcake tower (albeit a small tower because our wedding only had 30 guests!). I think if your goal is wedding-y you could have them decorated in the colors of your wedding, etc. But they don''t need to look like a child''s birthday party if they are done right!

IMG_43213453453.jpg

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:09:35 PM
Author: neatfreak
This was our cupcake tower (albeit a small tower because our wedding only had 30 guests!). I think if your goal is wedding-y you could have them decorated in the colors of your wedding, etc. But they don''t need to look like a child''s birthday party if they are done right!

Those are so cute! The colors are great! I think SO is terrified of showing up and having like... soccer balls on the tops of them or something. He''s all "Cupcakes can''t be elegant" so I''m out to prove him wrong. What do guys know about baking anyways?
20.gif

Haha, I guess that''s not really fair.. because I don''t know anything about baking either!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I found a specialty cupcake shop in our area, so I think I''m going to drag him out there. Seems like the easiest way to convince him...
11.gif
He''s used to my crazy ideas by now, but when I mentioned cupcakes + wedding, he looked at me like I was speaking a different language and said, "Are you listening to yourself?" which is what we say when the other is being totally unreasonable. Haha.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doopity doopity doo.

Tada!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:09:17 PM
Author: aliciagirl
Sunnyd, the pictures are great! That tower is HUGE. It definitely would make a statement. I love the little square ones. I try to avoid the knot, but now I know what to search for on other sites! Maybe that''s what I was doing. Maybe they think mini cakes will be taken more seriously than cupcake?? Pshh, seems silly.

Thanks again for the pics!
Yeah it''s monstrous alright... he just needs to see some cupcakes from a professional bakery, not from a grocery store where they come in plastic containers of 6 hideously decorated...with soccer balls, or xmas trees, or ghosts, whatever the season may be.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock

Those ones are so great! That''s what I''m looking for. I know decoration can''t be changed easily, but I just needed some good examples to show SO. I especially love the first ones. And they look delicious!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:21:14 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Doopity doopity doo.

Tada!

Aw, you mean I have to look through recipes and everything? I was thinking pictures and instant gratification here.
31.gif
I''m totally kidding. Thanks for the link, Freke!

You ladies are amazing! I can''t even make the boxed ones without something disastrous happening. I totally admire you guys.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
check this thread for pics on what we did

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/individual-table-cakes.86729/

and here is a pic of the overflow cupcake tower before the florist decorated it with flowers (she put flower in each of the non carrot cake cupcake and some rose petals around the perimeter)

the cupcake tower we rented was quite industrial looking and i put silver doilies on it to make it less severe looking

cupcaketower_11.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:41:29 PM
Date: 6/3/2008 2:21:14 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Doopity doopity doo.

Tada!
Aw, you mean I have to look through recipes and everything? I was thinking pictures and instant gratification here.
31.gif
I''m totally kidding. Thanks for the link, Freke!

You ladies are amazing! I can''t even make the boxed ones without something disastrous happening. I totally admire you guys.
Heh. Thanks! There are a lot of recipes and other baking info on there, but a lot of pics too of cute and non cute cupcakes. Plus, I bet SOMEONE over there (not me!) has a pic or two of cupcake towers floating around in their cookbooks or on their computers. Just another avenue to check out.

WARNING: You end up craving cupcakes (and other desserts) when you finally leave that thread...

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Ringster - Such a cute idea! I'm not a girly girl and flowers aren't really my thing, so something like that would be so cute! They looked great all wrapped up and they look soooo tasty.

Freke - You aren't kidding about the cravings! We've already made plans to go get some cupcakes on Saturday. They have a tremendous list of flavors. Stuff like mojito and ones with nutella. Should be interesting. I can't pass up a good Red Velvet (mmmmmmmm
18.gif
) so that's definitely what I will be getting!

ETA: One of the main reasons I want cupcakes is because I want Red Velvet but don't want to do a whole layer or cake in it. I know it's not a popular choice (maybe the color throws people off?) but nothing would make me happier!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:39:26 PM

Those ones are so great! That''s what I''m looking for. I know decoration can''t be changed easily, but I just needed some good examples to show SO. I especially love the first ones. And they look delicious!
I love the last ones! I love how the cupcakes are displayed on what looks like a wedding cake.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 10:13:41 AM
Ringster - Such a cute idea! I''m not a girly girl and flowers aren''t really my thing, so something like that would be so cute! They looked great all wrapped up and they look soooo tasty.

Freke - You aren''t kidding about the cravings! We''ve already made plans to go get some cupcakes on Saturday. They have a tremendous list of flavors. Stuff like mojito and ones with nutella. Should be interesting. I can''t pass up a good Red Velvet (mmmmmmmm
18.gif
) so that''s definitely what I will be getting!

ETA: One of the main reasons I want cupcakes is because I want Red Velvet but don''t want to do a whole layer or cake in it. I know it''s not a popular choice (maybe the color throws people off?) but nothing would make me happier!

i love red velvet! - we originally wanted to get red velvet cupcakes but it is sooo hard to find good ones. if we went with a higher end cupcake place then we might have been able to get them but we couldn''t justify the cost -- i think they were charging about $1 more per cupcake and were not as convenient to our venue.

good luck and happy cupcake tasting! we ate sooo many cupcakes within a month span!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results