shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone have a WF or SC 6 prong Tiffany rep WITH a shared prong eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
If so, please post some pics... Who made the eternity band, etc? I'm wondering how the reps will fit next to the eternity band... The Tiffany combo does not rub I'm told...

This is the look I'm going for:
http://www.tiffany.com/expertise/diamond/rings/combination_tiffany_ring.aspx?ring=shared

combination_tiffany_shared1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Demelza had the set. here''s a pictures of her rings but I think she said the shared prong band would scratch her e-ring so didn''t wear them together. tiffany shared prong wedding bands are much lower than other brands. I think memoire''s are low too but they are pricey as well.
she did a whole thread on trying to find the right wedding band to go with the SC solitaire, you can read it here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/scott-kay-pave-band-vs-plain-a-taste-test.36063/page-2

tastetest0001_7.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would second the idea of going with Memoire if you don''t want to pay for a Tiffany eternity band. It sits very low and can be worn with a low-set e-ring.

New Rings 045d.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I have that exact Tiffany & Co. combo and the 2 rings do not rub. The Tiffany band sits very low.

From various pics that I have seen on PS, I think SC makes the best Tiffany replica. You can always give SC a call and they may be able to make a band that goes with their Tiffany setting?

Good luck with your search. What is the size of the stone for your solitaire?

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
I would second the idea of going with Memoire if you don''t want to pay for a Tiffany eternity band. It sits very low and can be worn with a low-set e-ring.

Can you send a link to thir site? I couldn''t find it on Google...

Date: 12/30/2006 11:49:08 AM
Author: Jewels
I have that exact Tiffany & Co. combo and the 2 rings do not rub. The Tiffany band sits very low.

From various pics that I have seen on PS, I think SC makes the best Tiffany replica. You can always give SC a call and they may be able to make a band that goes with their Tiffany setting?

Good luck with your search. What is the size of the stone for your solitaire?

I have a 2.37 ct WF one.

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cast another vote for a Memoire band. I do not have one (yet hehe!) but have seen Diamondseeker''s in person and it is perfection! I love it paired up with a sleek solitare. It is a classic look.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Tacori! Mine is .75 cts. and 7 stones, just so you know.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 3:55:10 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Thanks, Tacori! Mine is .75 cts. and 7 stones, just so you know.

I only speak the truth!
2.gif
9.gif

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I think the key is choosing a 6 prong E-ring setting that has a raised head. I don''t quite know how to explain it. But with the setting that I have (without a raised head), there is no way that a wedding band won''t rub against it. See pic of my e-ring with Memoire band:

IMG_0057small2.JPG

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
I think what I have is similar to this setting:

style3.jpg

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
If you can get with more of a raised head like this pic, you might be able to avoid the rubbing if you get a low set eternity band. I think Tiffany''s E-ring setting is like this one. Anyway, I''m sorry if I''m not describing what I mean clearly. Maybe someone else can chime in with their opinion.

style2.jpg

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 4:24:58 PM
Author: HooCares
If you can get with more of a raised head like this pic, you might be able to avoid the rubbing if you get a low set eternity band. I think Tiffany''s E-ring setting is like this one. Anyway, I''m sorry if I''m not describing what I mean clearly. Maybe someone else can chime in with their opinion.

That''s the exact setting she has. Looks like it probably won''t rub. =) I think I want to do 3ish ct tw for the setting, so I wanted to make sure that would fit OK.
35.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Another thing to consider, if you want to have the eternity band made, is to make sure the diamond girdles are not exposed -- this will protect your other jewelry. So "sitting low" is not the only factor -- a great way to take care of the problem is just making sure the melee girdles are not rubbing the head of your e-ring. Here is my set, you can see both rings have the metal come up right near the top of the small diamonds, just like the tiffany eternity band.

rings3.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Seconding Lindsey above. For what you are looking for, that is the key to a successful set... you do not want the girdles of the melee in the w-ring to rub (abrade) your e-ring. THAT is not pretty!

I used to have a shared prong set, made by WF. The rings were carefully crafted so as to not have any diamond overhang over the metal - thus no rubbing. That''s what you are looking for. It''s really hard to tell with the naked eye if a shared prong ring is made like that, or if the girdles of any of the small stones are exposed - even a little. It takes a loupe and a skilled eye to know for sure. I would recommend you discuss this openly with whichever vendor you choose, beforehand.

It''s a classic, timeless and very beautiful look, and with a little careful planning and choosing, you should be able to enjoy it for years. Congrats!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 12:01:16 PM
Author: Lynn B
Seconding Lindsey above. For what you are looking for, that is the key to a successful set... you do not want the girdles of the melee in the w-ring to rub (abrade) your e-ring. THAT is not pretty!

I used to have a shared prong set, made by WF. The rings were carefully crafted so as to not have any diamond overhang over the metal - thus no rubbing. That''s what you are looking for. It''s really hard to tell with the naked eye if a shared prong ring is made like that, or if the girdles of any of the small stones are exposed - even a little. It takes a loupe and a skilled eye to know for sure. I would recommend you discuss this openly with whichever vendor you choose, beforehand.

It''s a classic, timeless and very beautiful look, and with a little careful planning and choosing, you should be able to enjoy it for years. Congrats!

You had one made by WF? I don''t see one listed on their site? I would hope they''d be able to match up their own setting with a WF band...

MODEVIL

Rough_Rock
I know WF = White Flash but what vendor is SC? I''m a newbie on this board. Thanks for the help and sorry if its a stupid question.

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 9:04:02 PM
Author: MODEVIL
I know WF = White Flash but what vendor is SC? I''m a newbie on this board. Thanks for the help and sorry if its a stupid question.

SuperbCert (i.e. www.exceldiamonds.com )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results