shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Heart diamond setting....(photos please)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisyheart

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the responses.... I decided to get the stone and GOG is just going to set it in a tiffany setting for me until I decide what to do. Hopefully i''ll have it by Monday. I really like the pink halo, but my hubby said no way. I''m open to alot of styles, we''ll see..... I sent Leon Mege an email and he said he had several settings for hearts so he''d get back with me on that....

Widget - I''m still keeping my 1 1/2 carat heart, so maybe I could pink halo that one.....:)

I love the idea of pink side stones, but what shape?????

I haven''t seen the stone in person so I don''t know if it is eyeclean or not. Timothy at GOG has that it is. I''ve got 30 days to decide. I''m much, much a stickler on color than on clarity, but I hope it doesn''t have big honking flaws I can''t get past.

The price is very fair for that stone. My jeweler that I always use sent me a same color, clarity 1/2 carat smaller but 8,000 more. I trust my jeweler to give me good prices, so I was suprised this was lower.

I''m excited to see it.

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. If it stacks up (which I think it will given it''s from a reliable vendor) the price is indeed very very good. Based purely on the basis specs and other diamonds on PS, I reckon comparable stones are $10k more. The shape looks perfect to me.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the pink diamond setting.

Are you keeping the old heart? Maybe a pendant on a thin chain would be pretty...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Trishy, I have to agree with Widget. I would want a bezel setting for that heart. The prongs on the top of the shoulders make the optical illusion that the heart is not perfectly formed. It is a beautifully-shaped heart, and you want the setting to showcase that. Just my .02.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results