shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave or channel set wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sparkle of pave bands and am considering two ultra thin ones to wear on either side of my engagement ring as a split shank wedding ring. I know the pave setting has a bad reputation for losing stones, etc. I''m a bit of a romantic and would like to wear my wedding ring a lot, never take it off, etc
emsmile.gif
Is a channel setting more secure? Are there any other wedding band settings that would hold stones more securely?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost a melee in my e-ring where it is bead set and it was a PITA. This is one of the reasons I went with a channel set WB. I would never get one with RBs however. It is just personal taste. I only like channel settings with min. metal on the sides and with square/rectangle stones. Have you posted your e-ring?

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2006 7:08:21 PM
Author: wolftress
Yep, here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/solitaire-or-with-a-ring-guard.54895/

It''s a bad picture - I haven''t got the hang of photographing diamonds yet!

As my ering is a solitaire, I think 2 really thin diamond bands on either side would look pretty. It would just break my heart if I lost any of the little stones!

Well there is always a risk with any jewelry. If you go with pave I would suggest getting it a local B&M that replaces them for free. If you want RB stones I would get a prong set WB, if you wan PR stones I would get channel. With a solitare you really have free range.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results