Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is a vera wang setting that belongs to albicocca.

pave_s_5.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ashley Judd''s ring created by leon.

pave_s_6.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A very delicate and pretty "rosebud" style by daniel k.

pave_s_7.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry that last one was so big LOL, hope you aren''t getting bored yet. I still have quite a few left!
Here is Lynnb''s gorgeous fishtail pave ring by WF.

pave_s_8.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some more plain style rings, very elegant.

plain_1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another leon creation, "the most elegant ring he''s ever created" according to his website.

plain_2.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
another

plain_3.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
An interesting head design.

neat_head.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
A large cushion in a halo on Mara''s hand.

halo_mara.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this ring looks like DNA

dna_leon.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another leon I absolutely looooooveee

leon_lover.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok...I''m getting tired of finding pics. Hopefully this inspired some ideas for you, I can''t wait to see what you come up with!!! One last antique style setting.

;lj;lj;lkj.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 4:08:19 AM
Author: kcoursolle
This sort of wide bracket prong look is kind of neat on a cushion.
it looks neat as a ring but I wouldn''t do that to my ring ever because those facets that it is covering up are my powerhouse facets!!! the crown and pav facets interact so well, I have to leave those naked!!! Just thought I''d mention light performance lol!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m on my laptop and don''t have my pics here - but does anyone have a pic of xraydoc''s setting? I like that one a lot too!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sure cehra
2.gif

xraydoc''s (big) beauty

breathtaking%20cushion.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, lots of beauties posted already, but here''s one of my favorite split shank rings by Richard Landi, which GOG can get for you.

rlandi3.jpg

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this thread has some great eye candy
36.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Jayrenay9, I ruled out #1 because it has the “crushed ice” look. I am not locked into a setting at the present time. Thankfully, I waited to find the stone first, then decide on the setting. Thanks for the pix!!!

Kcoursolle, WOW – keep ‘em coming – great inspirations!!!

Love this one – it’s elegant, classic and very refined looking!!! (Oops, where did the picture go - it''s the green one I''m referring to)

I like how the shank rises up to the basket on this one – VERY NICE!!! (The picture before the green one. How can I reference the photo?)

Cehrabehra, Belle, Diamondseeker2006 & Eva17 – thank you SOOO much for posting!

Do you all feel that this stone would be showcased best without sidestones?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i loooooove pokey''s ring
30.gif

split_shank-4.jpg

i am drawn to split shanks as well and find myself partial to settings without sidestones for cushions.
but, if you think you might like the extra bling of sidestones, you should definitely consider it.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have a profile or hand shot of that green stone ring?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 12:26:41 PM
Author: Rock Candy
Jayrenay9, I ruled out #1 because it has the “crushed ice” look. I am not locked into a setting at the present time. Thankfully, I waited to find the stone first, then decide on the setting. Thanks for the pix!!!

Kcoursolle, WOW – keep ‘em coming – great inspirations!!!

Love this one – it’s elegant, classic and very refined looking!!! (Oops, where did the picture go - it''s the green one I''m referring to)

I like how the shank rises up to the basket on this one – VERY NICE!!! (The picture before the green one. How can I reference the photo?)

Cehrabehra, Belle, Diamondseeker2006 & Eva17 – thank you SOOO much for posting!

Do you all feel that this stone would be showcased best without sidestones?
for me it''s kinda which type of cushion - I took my cushion around all over and found that the stone itself pretty much dictated the setting.... but that''s my experience. I swear my diamond talks to me lol Mine has a "bowtie" but I love it - I wanted big facets and I got ''em! I would have preferred a distinct cross but those come with square stones and mine is a 1.26 ratio. I can catch the cross visually but it isn''t as obvious as the bow (which is really like a cumberbund with the elongated culet) anyway.... because of the stones idiosyncrasies what looked best was bands that had 3 bands of stuff.... and the center was orig gonna be baguettes but I decided on plain metal. I took it''s quirk and accentuated it and it looks *better* if that makes any sense... anyway if it''s possible for you to take your stone out shopping to see it and its particular facets and quirks up next to real live settings, that''d be my recommendation :) Also - seeing the settings on your hand and in person makes a huge diff to. If it was in my means I would fly to NY and see the stones in person and do some bling shopping!!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra, do you have a picture of your ring that you could post?

My husband and I went to NYC a couple of weeks ago and I think I tried on just about every ring in the city. That was a BLAST!!! No, maybe a blast and a half, actually!!! I''m having the stone shipped to me first so I can ooohhh and aaawww over it before sending it to Leon.

Great suggestion about taking the stone "setting shopping", but I''m just so afraid that I''d lose the darn thing!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 2:14:19 PM
Author: Rock Candy
Cehrabehra, do you have a picture of your ring that you could post?

My husband and I went to NYC a couple of weeks ago and I think I tried on just about every ring in the city. That was a BLAST!!! No, maybe a blast and a half, actually!!! I''m having the stone shipped to me first so I can ooohhh and aaawww over it before sending it to Leon.

Great suggestion about taking the stone ''setting shopping'', but I''m just so afraid that I''d lose the darn thing!!!
whoops, nope LOL I don''t have a ring - I''m sorry.... I can see it so clearly in my head I thought it was real for a minute!! ::grumbles to self:: LOL You''ll probably get those tweezer ring thing which helps... just be very careful!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link Belle! And the "how to post a photo" in FAQ. Am crossing my fingers that it''ll work.

#4 cushion.JPG

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll try again with the pix.

Cushion 4.JPG

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous cushion and picture!! Congratulations, RC
36.gif
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous stone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results