shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Dress! Pics Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
A story before the pics...I went to visit my sister who lives in NYC weekend before last b/c I needed a short vacation and I also wanted to try on some dresses so she could see them on me IRL. I made an appt at Kleinfeld''s b/c they have many different designers that I like and I didn''t feel like going to many different salons. My sister found a sample sale on Top Button at Birnbaum & Bullock and decided to make me an appt there as well. I didn''t have any intention of purchasing a gown since I live in MI and my wedding isn''t until Aug 2009. Anyways, we went to the appt at Birnbaum & Bullock first and they had all their samples hanging and we were told to just look through them and pick the ones I wanted to try on. The first one I saw was one I had seen on their website and wondered if it would be at the sample sale (I figured it wouldn''t be since it is from the current season), I picked it up and it was a size 4! I am very small and every time I try on gowns they are so huge on me so I was really excited to get to put on a gown that was closer to my size even if it wasn''t the one. I chose a few more I liked and then we started to try them on. I tried on the first one and stepped out to where there was a mirror and I loved it! My sister loved it too but there were still a few more to try on so I did but I had to put the first one back on and as soon as I did, I knew it was going to be it. It had all of the elements that I had like from previous dresses - silk satin, alcenon lace, sweetheart neckline, low back, and a decent length train. It was also in great condition b/c it had only been worn for a photo shoot (which is why it was so small) and only has some dirt on the bottom! The only issue was that we still had to go to Kleinfeld''s b/c they charge you if you cancel without rebooking your appt. So, after much deliberation I decided to purchase the dress (at 1/2 off!) and then I had to go to Kleinfeld''s and pretend like I was still looking (we weren''t there too long). Oh, and even though I didn''t realize it at the time, the two guys that were helping us out were the designers! They were so nice and did not pressure me to buy at all. One of them even complimented and discussed my ering with me while I was paying and filling out my address info so that they could ship me the dress (which only took 3 days to get to me)! I still can''t believe that I bought my dress already!

Ok, so here are some pics keeping in mind that it is still a little big on me, especially in the bust, and that I am standing on a stool b/c it is way too long on me.

RachieDress2.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
The back...

RachieDress1.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Hanging up...

RachieDress5.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Close up of the top and the lace....

RachieDress6.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t see a lot of the detail but the silhouette is awesome on you! and i absolutely love the back and the shape of the train. so gorgeous! congratulations on finding your dress so early!

(and yay! another MI bride!)

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mimzy! Where in MI are you? LadyCiel is from MI too (we are using the same photographer!)

LegalGal

Rough_Rock
Your dress is beautiful! Congratulations on finding the one!

I didn''t realize there were so many MI brides on here. I''m also from MI (Grand Rapids) and my wedding will be in Oct. 2009.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful on you! You look fab in it.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! Lucky you!!
36.gif

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2008 3:27:37 PM
Author: Rachie
Thanks Mimzy! Where in MI are you? LadyCiel is from MI too (we are using the same photographer!)

i grew up in northville but i''m living in trenton now for grad school at wayne. i know ladyceil is in AA! where are you?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I pulled the model pic off the website; what a gorgeous gown! I couldn''t see the lace on the bottom before! Lucky you!

Paige.jpg

It is so beautiful! It looks like this shape was made for you! Congrats on such a lovely gown!!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful!! So elegant and it fits so well! Congrats on finding the perfect dress!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You got a steal . . . one that looks fabulous on you! It''s beautiful!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!
36.gif
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty. The shape looks lovely on you.

sunnygirl

Shiny_Rock
The dress looks fantastic on you! Good find!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great on you! The details are sooo pretty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS and MADE FOR YOU!!!! Congrats.

Am I missing the information on who makes that gown???

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I have a long wait to wear it but I am so happy that I am able to check this off my list of things to do!

Gypsy ~ The dress is by Birnbaum & Bullock

ETA: Thanks for posting that pic Mercoledi! I didn't realize that the details were blending in so much since I know they are there.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, Rachie! Congratulations!!!

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!!! You and that dress make for a gorgeous combination!! Add on some fun shoes and Dionne is absolutely going to eat you up (she
30.gif
s shoes...we somehow got on that topic when I first met with her. She''s a big fan of my plan to wear blue ones).

(for anyone who is confused, Dionne is our photographer)

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
You know, all us MI gals should have a gtg at some point.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results