shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

needhelp1

Rough_Rock
What do you think of the round sides next to the princess center?

new10008965.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif
That looks like a lovely centre diamond, but personally I am not keen on the rounds at the side. I would prefer smaller Princess sides, or baguettes, or just that gorgeous large diamond with the sparkly band. What are the size and specs of that beauty?
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually LOVE it... and I don''t usually like princess centres. The bezeled rounds give it a very vintagey feel (my favorite!). I like the setting a lot--where did you find it?

needhelp1

Rough_Rock
The center is 1.57 ct. I don''t remember the specs but it''s of very good quality.

I fell in love with the ring when i first saw it, but was unsure if i still loved it with the princess. I''m probably just nervous about proposing and am questing if i made a good choice

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
i love it. really. and i don''t usually love princesses. but, i lean more toward the eclectic. if your girl only wears black cashmere sweaters with tailored pants, it may not be her thing. know what i mean?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s different (in a good way!). if your girl is very traditional it might take some time to fall in love with but if she tends to like things a little more ecclectic, you''ve found a winner!
36.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it. It''s a little bit different, but in a very good way, and the princess center is really huge! No need to be nervous...
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it! It''s a bit quirky but imo quirky is better than cookie cutter!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not usually a fan of that combo, but in this setting it totally works for me. It''s a gorgeous ring and I''m sure you FI will be proud to wear it.
Good luck with the proposal!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Love it...because it''s different and unique!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I really like it. It''s got sort of a modern/antiquey feel all rolled up into one ring. I don''t usually like princess cut stones, but I do in this setting.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
It''s different but I like it, and maybe it will look great with this bezel band that decolighted once suggested for my e-ring..

bezelband7.jpg

1fish_2fish

Rough_Rock
Yummy!

I love the style of big square/rec rock with thin sparkly band...the rounds on the side (to my surprise, actually) give it a little ''kick'' and more visual interest. I don''t see anything to object to here. It''s beautiful.
16.gif

For those of you who have mentioned not liking princess centers...are you generally RB types? Just wondering coz I was all sold on the idea of radiants (love rec shapes and sparkle) but then decided there was too much of a smashed glass thing involved for my liking. I guess the next step is to go to a princess...which I like, especially with the type of prong/setting shown above around the corners. Do you have ''issues'' with pricesses? And how much of a detraction to value/beauty is a more elongated or rectangular pricess. That shape just ''speaks to me.'' (I''m kinda new here too and trying to educate myself. You gotta know what you want! Thanks for your thoughts!)

1fish_2fish

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2006 1:37:26 PM
Author: 1fish_2fish
Yummy!

I love the style of big square/rec rock with thin sparkly band...the rounds on the side (to my surprise, actually) give it a little ''kick'' and more visual interest. I don''t see anything to object to here. It''s beautiful.
16.gif

For those of you who have mentioned not liking princess centers...are you generally RB types? Just wondering coz I was all sold on the idea of radiants (love rec shapes and sparkle) but then decided there was too much of a smashed glass thing involved for my liking. I guess the next step is to go to a princess...which I like, especially with the type of prong/setting shown above around the corners. Do you have ''issues'' with pricesses? And how much of a detraction to value/beauty is a more elongated or rectangular pricess. That shape just ''speaks to me.'' (I''m kinda new here too and trying to educate myself. You gotta know what you want! Thanks for your thoughts!)

1fish_2fish
I didn''t say anything about not liking princess cuts, but I like big facets over tiny facets so even RB are too splintery and small for me (unless I had like say a HUGE one!).... I bought a long stone with big chunky facets - though the way it is cut, the corners have slender facets that produce radiant/princess sorts of sparkle which I never really understood the appeal of before my stone.... I do like it now, but I don''t know that I''d want a stone that *only* did that since I do prefer the chunk facets. It''s personal taste though :)

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like it a LOT!! I like that it''s not too uniform, with mixed shapes...
30.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I like it! ...but then, I'm biased... this is my radiant with rb sides...I like the variety

ring close pc.JPG

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It kind of has a modern kick to it.... it''s not your traditional Round/classic band, a good thing in my opinion!

Nice job!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I like it!
It is different than the traditional sides of princesses, a good combo!

I think you should give it to her as it is but leave the door open to her to change it if she wants to.. it is sometimes VERY hard for a woman to tell her man she isnt'' 100% satisfied, bc she doesn''t want to hurt you.

but, it may be perfect the way it is!!! I think it is a great ring and I love the thin shank..totally makes the center look even bigger!!
I have a 1.5, and it doesn''t look like that!!!

Can you tell us where you got it?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I really do like it also!! It gives it a more unique look! I think it would look lovely with a matching eternity band also.
30.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
I love that ring and setting. Gorgeous!!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE it, and unless your girlfriend is super traditional, she will too
1.gif

AceP

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yummy!

16.gif

1fish_2fish
i''m one of those who said that i generally don''t love princesses, and oddly, i don''t love RBs, either! my fave is probably a cushion. asschers are growing on me, too. (when the time comes, however, i''ll be sporting a RB, because it''s a family stone. it may not be my favorite cut, but i''ll wear it with pride and love because of the history.)

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I love the bezel set round sides. Where did you get it?
1.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I don''t like it, but I think you do want honest opinions. For me the design with those two elements just doesn''t work. She may love it though - just be sure to let her know that you''re ok with her getting a different ring - its quite different.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Yummy!

16.gif

1fish_2fish
My center stone is an rb and my side stones are baguettes and rounds, so I''m not opposed to shapes that are squared off, I guess princess stones are just too modern (and perhaps trendy?) for my tastes. I wanted a more classic ring and princesses just aren''t classic in my mind. I love the look of radiants,cushion cuts, etc. Princess cuts are just too sharp for me.

That being said, I have two friends who own princess cut rings and I really like both of them. They are perfect rings (and the settings are not at all alike) for each of the women who own them.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring! It''s really unique looking, but still delicate. I bet the camera accentuates the bezels around the rounds a lot more, and it probably doesn''t look that in real life. I bet it looks stunning!!

TCBug

Rough_Rock
Ummmmmm -- yes, NeedHelp1 -- I say GOOD CHOICE! This is the first ring I''ve ever commented on -- and I don''t typically go for the princess cut or for bezel set stones. But this one is a winner in my book. It is classic, and "old fashioned," and "new" all at once. I would be DELIGHTED to receive this ring. You done good, boy! Quit your worrying!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I think the center stone looks great, and I love how huge it looks with that thin band. I don''t personally like it with the round bezeled sidestones, though. I think it would look great as a solitaire with that thin band. I just don''t happen to like round side stones with a square center. I like princess center stones paired with sides that are trapezoids, trilliants, tapered baguettes, or princess (straight or starset).

If your girl likes unique jewelry, it might be perfect for her. You may want to tell her she can exchange the setting if she would prefer something else so she doesn''t have to worry about hurting your feelings if it is not her cup of tea. JMHO.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Personally I love the uniqueness of this ring. The princess looks huge, the thin band gives it a very feminine touch, and I agree with previous posters that its antiquey and new at the same time.

I think you did a great job - she''ll be thrilled. Don''t worry
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure. I would have to see more pics I think! It''s not a combination I would pick out, but it is pretty. Usually I would choose princess sides for a princess or put a round in that setting. Of course, I also like solitaires a lot. But it''s not for me! The princess is beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results