shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i voted last nite for mario and karina via phone. i meant to do email too but i got distracted and now it''s probably too late.

sorry but emmitt just does NOT do it for me. i seriously do not feel like dancing watching him. he''s too much like a frankenstein trying to be graceful. and i am SO OVER the whole top matches the shoes thing, esp since most of the times it DOESNT REALLY MATCH. pet peeve.

mario and karina just flow for me. i loved mario and karina''s freestyle but i thought they could have done a few more fun lifts. i thought it was hilarious how both couples chose totally old-school music from the same era basically!! two of my fave old songs. hehee. ladies love me, GIRLS adore me...gotta love some classic rob base on dancingwith the stars. smae with mc hammer. HAMMA TIME.
5.gif

it will be interesting to see what happens tonite for sure. greg thinks emmitt will win because his fan base is just flat out so huge. but i am hoping mario wins because he plain deserves it more in my opinion.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping Mario and Karina win. They deserve it, they are so great together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 12:57:22 PM
Author: Mara

it will be interesting to see what happens tonite for sure. greg thinks emmitt will win because his fan base is just flat out so huge. but i am hoping mario wins because he plain deserves it more in my opinion.

that is exactly what my hubby said. he never watches and last night he sat down and watched with me. He liked emmitt b/c it''s like a man''s man learing how to dance and accomplishing it. He also thought Mario was the better dancer. he thinks Emmitt will win though just b/c of a super huge fan base we''re sure he has. I hope Mario and Karina win b/c even though I don''t like mario he is the better "star dancer."

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am a huge Emmitt fan but I also believe Mario and Karina are the better dancers and deserve to win just based on skill. But I still love me some Emmitt and I will be very happy if he wins! I didn''t get to vote last night but I don''t think it would''ve mattered anyway!

On another note, did anyone get grossed out by all the Mario/Karina smoochy smoochy stuff they showed? I''m not a prude by any means and I don''t think they were offensive but it just kinda bugged me when they showed all those scenes of the 2 of them stealing kisses and then pretending nothing''s going on. And I absolutely HAAAAAAAAATE the way Mario says Karrrrrreeena. I know, snarky. It just annoys me!
emwink.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I hope Emitt wins because all I can see when Karina and Mario dance is a sorta skanky-looking woman (the bony cleavage and baked skin) and a man who cheated not only serially cheated on his wife both before and after their marriage, he also did so the night before they married and made a sex tape of it.
14.gif

Hands down, Mario is the more technically skilled dancer, but he HAS had training, and well... my housemate sees ''puppy'' and I see ''dirtbag''.

Those dimples mask the smarminess of a complete cad.
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol curlygirl, i actually love how mario says karina because he''s giving it the spanish twist...how it should be pronounced!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
WOOT!

Is there anything else to say?

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 9:08:27 PM
Author: Galateia
WOOT!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 9:11:37 PM
Author: IrishAngel

WOOT!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!
I''m right there with you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 9:18:09 PM
Author: curlygirl
Date: 11/15/2006 9:11:37 PM

Author: IrishAngel

WOOT!

WOOT WOOT!!!!!

I''m right there with you!!!
36.gif
36.gif

9.gif

I admit I got all teary-eyed when Emmit was saying all that stuff about Cheryl... That man is a gentleman.

And that quote last night when his youngest was asleep on his shoulder? Something about ''Win, lose, or draw, this [meaning children/family] is what it''s all about.'' Awww! And I got no hint of ''baby kissing'' tactic, he just knew what his priorities were.

Also, one thing I really liked about Emmit and Cheryl was how even when they were ''playing the part'' of the steamy/romantic dances, he was still a gentleman. Joey, Mario, Willa, even Shanna, I felt all were getting a wee bit too ''into'' the chemistry thing. I never saw Emmit''s wife look tight-lipped, which is more than I can say for, say, Joey''s wife.

I never caught any overtones of "Ooo, I''m touching a woman who is ssssmokin'' hot! Oh yeah!" from Emmit. (And let''s face it, Cheryl IS smokin'' hot!) Or Jerry, for that matter.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Galateia, I agree with you 100%.

That outcome was awesome. Mario was very smug. That took him down a notch which was SO GREAT TO SEE!!!! DH and I placed our max votes for Emmitt.

LOVED that finale of DWTS!!! Loved it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think what stood out to me was yes, Mario and Karina had major chemistry and he is clearly a great natural dancer, but Emmit showed such determination and improvement that to me, that highlighted the show. Someone who is already an awesome dancer and is light on his feet and has rhythym is not really overcoming a deficit to dance. Emmit, while clearly an amazing athlete, was not a naturally graceful guy who was conscious of some of the subtleties of the various dances. I thought he seemed to get better and better each time. Many sports programs have male athletes even football players take dance and pilates so they CAN learn some of that stuff about their big selves in space and time, and I think it is a great idea. Emmit really triumphed over his macho image and just exuded joy and accomplishment which was so fun to watch. This is one reality show I love so much. And, I don't mind if two single consenting people have chemistry off the show and explore it, but let's not act as if we, the viewers, are total nitwits about what is or is not going on!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my beloved Emmitt...I''ve adored him forever & this competition was so fun!

EMMITT! EMMITT! EMMITT!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I loved Emmitt throughout the whole season!! Whereas Emmitt improved a lot since the beginning, Mario has always been great...So I''m happy with the way it turned out. Emmitt was so sweet at the end when he was talking about the whole experience, and he even thanked Mario for being such a great competitor!! How nice!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
all i can say is
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

i'm sooo disappointed.

emmitt is plain, flat out not the same quality of dancer that mario is.

i may not think mario is the greatest PERSON or whatever, but he definitely was the better dancer. both he and karina were so disappointed, you could see it all over their faces.

and seriously...it kind of sucks that cheryl won *again*. i don't think she's the best dancer either and i think that emmitt and her won solely on a popularity contest. much how the judges acted the whole season with emmitt.
20.gif

it takes two to make a thing go righttttt.
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Emmitt so it doesn''t bother me that he won. I didn''t like Mario but do admit he was the better dancing. I think Emmitt popular won it for him. He is a better dancer than Jerry was last year in the final. Had Mario been more well liked he''d probably would have won. I''d be curious if you put Emmitt against a very well liked and popular Drew, what the outcome would be????

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I would have liked to see Mario and Karina win as well.... they were obviously the better dancers... but it is a popularity contest and the judges swooned over Emmitt from the very beginning - its no shocker to me that they won. My husband called that one also, but then again we used to live in Dallas, and he is an Emmitt fan for other reasons.
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course I''m thrilled .... but there''s a really interesting article that sums up a lot of my own feelings on the topic here

They basically say that MARIO was a "ringer" .. someone who seemed, from the get-go, an already professional quality dancer. Where''s the fun in that? Why bother? Ditto for last season''s Stacy Keebler ... who was ALREADY a dancer.

It''s much more satisfying for the audience to see TRANSFORMATION ... be shocked!

The article contends that people said "Hey, that Mario Lopez can dance" ... but "WOW - I can''t BELIEVE Emmitt Smith can dance!!"

They also blame Mario''s smug, "top kid in class" demeanor for turning the audience off. You could SENSE that he thought he had it in the bag.

HA!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha quite honestly i don''t think emmitt smith CAN dance. even though i am obviously in the minority, i was never impressed with his moves.
9.gif
i was actually really shocked he made it into the finals. but there''s that popularity thing!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I'm with you 100%! To me, seeing Emmitt transform was just amazing and for me, it's what the show is all about--taking people who can't dance and teaching them to do it. He was a perfect student and he came with qualities that no amount of training could give him: charisma, humility, charm and lovability! I agree that Mario was a better technical dancer but he was not a novice so it definitely wasn't a level playing field. But the thing that really bugged me about him was his holier than thou attitude. He had absolutely no endearing qualities--ok, maybe the dimples but that's about it!

Did popularity win out in the end? Maybe, but it sounds like sour grapes to me. Emmitt and Cheryl seemed to genuinely like each other and enjoy each other's company. I actually got teary eyed listening to the way they spoke so highly of each other. On the other hand, the look on Karina's face when the winner was announced was just priceless in that she didn't even try to cover her disgust--rather ungracious (is that a word?) if you ask me. It was extremely unprofessional in my opinion and that smugness that she and Mario possessed throughout the season may very well have been their downfall.

Anyway, I'm thrilled that adorable hunk of a man Emmitt won! I would LOVE to dance with him any day of the week. And I'll definitely be watching next season!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! I''m going to go out on a limb and say I never liked Mario. Great dancer - absolutely. I just couldn''t get over the fact that he seemed a bit smug...and quite honestly I''m not a big fan of Karina''s either. Those two were very good but the two of them did put forth the attitude that they were the best. That''s the only thing that drives me nuts. =)

Let''s face it...DWTS has never been about the dancing...it''s about the popularity and who the viewers want to win. I wish it would just be about the talent. Basing the results solely off the judge''s scores would be awesome, but then they''d lose the marketing aspect of the viewers ''choosing'' the winners.

Anyway, I absolutely loved Emmitt. He improved so much and had a blast doing so...he was so much fun to watch! I also think Cheryl is a great teacher. I''m biased because I love when the big sports guys join the show...I was rooting for Jerry Rice last year. =)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think it''d be kind of cool if the viewers could vote til the end but then the last 2...the judges make the final call. I think it''d be more interesting that way. And then the BIG ending would not be about popularity, but yes about the dancing.

Mario is a piggy boi for sure. I just really liked his dancing and thought between the two he was the BEST. If it was Joey and Mario at the end I would have totall voted for Joey because he had more heart AND great dancing skills. It''s not sour grapes for me that Emmitt won, because I have not liked him from the beginning and thought he was an odd choice for a winner. I never thought he''d make it to the end.

Did anyone else notice at the end there when they were talking about what they''d miss about the show being over etc and in like every interview, Karina kept saying things like ''i hope this relationship continues for a long time'' and ''mario is the ultimate champion'' and other things that totally made it sound like she was somehow talking about their love relationship?? And Mario looked kind of like deadpan the whole time...he''d smile or hug her close but you could tell he was like ''whatever sure baby!'' .

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Of course its about popularity. How else could Jerry Springer have lasted so long?
38.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not issue with an aspect of the showing revolving around popularity. I think there is a balance, seeing someone grow as a dancer and also knowing they have appeal to the watching public makes total sense to me. Someone can only carry themselves on either of those two things for so long. Meaning a marginal dancer who is lovely and nice might get pulled along because of how s/he appeals to the crowd but eventually will get the boot. Meanwhile, someone who is an awesome dancer but a yuck person will move along because of their skill but may not triumph in the end. To me, someone''s overall behavior is a factor in how I perceive them, and if I think they have talent in their field but are scummy people I am less inclined to like them.

Not to jack, but on the topic of reality shows...I cannot believe no one has brought up the latest Bachelor!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww .. pooorrr Mario ... he''s so upset

31.gif
*cough* whatatool *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results