shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s DONE!!!!!! Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that ring. It is just beautiful. The sapphires are amazing.

Just lovely!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2006 3:12:26 PM
Author: ff
Ok gang! Here it is... I''ve done a quick
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif
writeup of the journey to get this put together. Scary to think this is the abridged version... it seems to go fast but this was over a span of months with sometimes long anxious waits between steps.
20.gif

I hope you enjoy the read and please be kind... None of us are perfect.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Will post photos later. I also have some good photos comparing the initial sapphires I had with the ones I got from Wink side-by-side before setting so that you can see the difference I talk about.
Your ring is outstanding! I LOVE the sapphires!
36.gif

But I am not seeing your story of the journey. Where is it?

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! The sapphire looks incredible and of course, that diamond looks stunning too!
36.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Yummy!!! I love sapphires....with white diamonds
30.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Hey Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!
21.gif
You continue to amaze me with all your positive feedback each time I get back on PS.
21.gif
21.gif

Linda W: Thank you so much!!!
21.gif
That really means a lot. The Tiffany 3 stone sapphire side-stone ring is what got this whole thing started in this direction and I can definitely say that is one VERY beautiful ring.
21.gif
I'm sure it looks amazing on you.
21.gif
21.gif

Gothgrrl: Thanks!!
21.gif
21.gif
I'll definitely get hand pics after it makes it onto her hand.
21.gif
21.gif

Wink: Hope it's going great as always!
21.gif
21.gif
You really are a wiz.
21.gif
I'm glad you enjoyed the read. It was definitely quite a learning experience and I was hoping that by sharing it, I can help others get some idea of what they might be in for and some ideas to get going. I'm sure most aren't going to be as crazy precise in what they want so hopefully it's a what to expect in most complicated case!
21.gif
21.gif
Then again... this is PS and crazy precise seems to be a pretty great theme around here.
21.gif
Thanks for the comment on the taking care of my local jeweler. The whole team there really earned it. I know we, as shoppers, often like to expect/demand a lot and customer service is always something we all really insist on getting but I think customer appreciation often takes a side-seat... I try to make sure it doesn't. With regards to Pala you definitely have a great relation with them and they definitely take great care of you. That's the only way you could possibly get those wonderful sapphires from them and out to me in a matter of a few days from first contact. Shows great team-work. With regard to the photos, the secret is TAKE TONS!!!! Some always come out just the way you want it.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
With digital, quantity costs nothing.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Thanks again for everything!

Sevens one: Thanks!!
21.gif
I'm about to post a few more cool pics tonight. I wasn't going to get my grubby hands on the ring till it was on her finger but I'm getting it appraised later this week so figured what the heck!!
21.gif
21.gif
I'll get it re-ultrasonic/steam cleaned after the appraiser.
21.gif
21.gif

littlelysser: Thanks!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
You are all just amazing for one's confidence and ego.
21.gif
21.gif

diamondseeker2006: Thanks!!
21.gif
21.gif
Had to take that journey writeup down due to some issues with board policies on a couple of the things written in there but will edit shortly and repost.
Leila: Thanks!!
21.gif
21.gif
I couldn't have chosen those without all the amazing help here. I am sooooooooooooooo happy I came across PS before I got sucked up by one of those so far below in quality boards...
21.gif
21.gif

UCLABelle: Thanks!!
21.gif
21.gif
I have definitely fallen in love with this combo through putting it all together. Sapphires are definitely tough stones to learn about and find in great quality but definitely worth every second of it.
21.gif
21.gif

Again, thanks everyone! You really are all amazing in your help and support.
21.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Photos as promised.
21.gif
21.gif
I know you all love flower photos so here you go!!
21.gif
21.gif

IMG_8336x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
closeup

IMG_8335x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Those sapphires are such a nice deep blue.

IMG_8405x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
I love that the fire color matches the leaves.

IMG_8398x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Closeup

IMG_8379x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Another.

IMG_8364x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
Closeup

IMG_8350x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
The light pink kind of gives it a wedding feel... good symbolism.
21.gif

IMG_8300x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
closeup

IMG_8299x500.jpg

ff

Shiny_Rock
This one gives a bit of the feel for the round shape of the ring.

Hope you enjoyed them all! Now to get the ring cleaned again so she gets it all nice and shiny. Flowers definitely are not great for keeping a ring shiny clean.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

IMG_8314x500.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Great pics!!! I love how vibrant the sapphires are!!!
30.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Oh yeah... I took most of these without the sun hitting directly as it just gave off wayyyyy too much reflections so you''d just see a nice big white or colored blob. Didn''t want you all to think this sucker isn''t reflecting any light.
21.gif
21.gif
I''ll try to get more fire photos another day for that cool fire thread.
21.gif
21.gif

bargaincrazy

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Congratulations ff on your pending engagement and finding the perfect ring!! Your GF is definitely a lucky woman. I'm dying to read about the journey. Btw...thanks for replying to my previous post about custom rings. I really appreciate it.

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! You did a wonderful job and your beloved is a lucky lady.

Enjoy in good health! Can''t wait to see what you come up with for a wedding band!

Congratulations!
35.gif

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
ff, congrats!

fill us in on all the details, or better yet why dont you have her logon and tell us about it!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is stunning. I''m sure she''ll love it ff. If not there are several PSers willing to take it off her hands!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Bling-a-licious!!!!
18.gif

What great pictures!! What a beautiful ring!
30.gif

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring is one of my all time faves!!! Great pics!!!
30.gif

ff

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Thanks everyone!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

bargaincrazy: No probs! My pleasure. I''m sure now that you''re here, you''ll end up putting together an amazing ring. With this group, it''s just about impossible not to!
21.gif
21.gif

Clarygrace: Thanks!
21.gif
It is definitely me that''s the lucky one.
21.gif
When it comes to the wedding bands my fiancee (cool saying that
21.gif
) will definitely be completely involved which will make things muchhhhhhhhhhh easier.
21.gif

diamondhunter10: I''ll definitely bring her to PS after the proposal so she can see how much incredible help I''ve had with this.
21.gif

KimberlyH: You crack me up.
21.gif

Kaleigh: The funniest thing is that your ring (the one in your avatar) is one of my favorites!!! It''s just so goregeous and has a look of delicateness to it. It just has a beautiful proportion to it that tapers wonderfully from that center diamond.
21.gif
21.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I love this photo in the red flower with the stones almost glowing, it is fabulous, and I REALLY love the second blue flower photo too. Although the photos in the branch are nice, the light is a little too harsh for my taste in those photos. Nicely done!

Wink

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a TRULY beautiful ring, congratulations!

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Wink!
21.gif
Yep, that second blue photo is my favorite. It''s exactly what I hoped to convey with that ring in terms of design and feel.
21.gif

Thanks Lorelei.
21.gif

Oh... ordered the SI Ultrasonic for her so that when we come back from our surprise trip (THE trip), she has it all ready to go at home. Thanks for all the help everyone in learning about that too!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing those gorgeous pictures!
30.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
18.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Those are some beautiful sapphires! And those photos are just divine! Congrats! Now get to proposing so we can see some hand shots!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results