shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wdding Set ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MerLine

Rough_Rock
Hi every1! I'm a newbie here and this is my 1st post. I've been looking around this site for awhile now and so I just decided to jump in and join the club ^_~. I saw this thread so I'm posting up a picture of my own wedding set. This was a setting I bought quite awhile ago >_
WS1.jpg

ER1.jpg

WS.JPG

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a beautiful set. Why the change?

MerLine

Rough_Rock
Well I''m thinking about getting a new setting in platinum but then I heard that the trend lately is going back to yellow gold so now I''m not sure what to do. In any case my husband bought me this setting so I''m not very fond of the design. I think I''d like it simpler. Thanks very much for the compliment though ^_^ hehe

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely but you''ve come to the right place to learn about all the different settings out there...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I think you have a gorgeous set there, but I changed my rings from yellow gold to white gold myself not long ago so I understand where you are coming from on the color. Personally I don''t think yellow gold has ever gone out of style, but I just got tired of it and the white looks better with my skin tone. You may also feel that you want some input on the type of setting you have since your husband picked this one out.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yellow gold is coming back so if that is the only reason I would maybe wait. You said you wanted something more simple though. Maybe a solitare? 3 stone? Did you post the stats? Your picture is amazing. Very pretty rings!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! Your center stone looks quite large. How big is it, if I may ask? One thing you might want to try before switching settings is to have your rings rhodium plated. At least it will give you an idea what it looks like and might tide you over till you find a new setting!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beauiful set, but definitely has more bling going on rather than the more simple look that it sounds like you are going for. Personally I like the white metals best b/c I like how they look with diamonds. I''ve always felt this way. But gold is certainly not a bad thing. It actually looks better on my skin tone. I think it comes down to your preferences. Sometimes preferences change as the years go by so don''t feel bad! After all can you imagine wearing the same purse or shoes every day for 20-30-50 years? Unlikely... so it makes sense that some people get the urge to change things up and I am one of those people.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a sentimenalist so.... LOL

but if I had to change something maybe the e-ring but I like the band JUST the way it is for sure!!!

MerLine

Rough_Rock

Thanks Sundial good to know I'm not alone ^_^. Hehe my husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting to change it >_bag/shoes for that long ^_^ that'd be a nightmare @_@ *hi-5 gailrmv*! tacori e-ring i guess you are right that gold never really went out of style but i just felt a change. and since you guys asked for the stats here it is...

For the engagement ring (the larger centre stone):
GIA
Color - H
Clarity - VVS1
Weight - 2.56 Carats
T - 55%
D - 61.6%
C/A - 34.5°
C/H - 15%
P/A - 40.8°
P/Depth - 43%
Girdle - Medium
Cut, Polish, Symmetry - Excellent
HCA - 1.3 excellent (tic)

For my eternity wedding ring (for all 16 stones):
TCW - 4.33 (for about 0.27 carats each)
Color - H
Clarity - VS1

Uhhmm I'm not sure exactly what kind of new setting I want. I'm thinking more of a solitaire ^_^. I've been eyeing the fine line setting at WhiteFlash but I'm still looking around. Thanks very much to one and all for the compliments ^_^ *bows* I didn't really expect to get such good feedback \(^_^)/ especially when I misspelled my title! Ha ha ha (uhm er..just kidding I did it on purpose *crossed fingers* mwahahaha) This site is giving me grief...you guys have no idea how long I took trying to find the reply button >_b]

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merline, your center large stone seems to be of amazing quality to my untrained eye. I like that grade of stone (color) in plat. Just mho. What about a ring like Kristy Darlings, a three stone with pears on the sides? For the band, which is also lovely, what about a shared prong (Leon again) and I think it would look so great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen the H Levi''s solitares? They are so beautiful. Your stone would look great there. Leon also would be an excellent choice. His work are pieces of art.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set!! I think your set is gorgeous, but it would also look lovely in white metals. If you decide to change your setting, you have a lot of great stones to work with. I''m not sure what style you like, but here is some inspiration. It''s a picture of deejay''s set in white metals that reminds me a lot of your set. It''s a lot like Angie Harmon''s beautiful set.

deejay3stone3ses.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do I think? I think you have a LOT of BEAUTIFUL bling there!
9.gif

I''m a simple girl, so I would totally love your ER stone in a simple setting, along with your same wedding band. I think it would be stunning. As for WG vs. G, that''s really up to you. I''d ask yourself this, which color goes better with your skin tone? I wouldn''t worry about what is in style, styles come and go, get what you like!

But whatever you do, please come back and post pics please!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
WOW merline!! I loooove your set!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Can you say bling?? LOL I love your set!! It''s so sparkly!!! What is your ring size??

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love the yellow gold! I really wanted yellow gold, but an OEC just didn''t seem to look right in YG to me (maybe I''m nuts). I hope you don''t change, but if you do, I''d stick with the YG!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
those rings are lovely.

I like the look of the yellow gold in the eternity band

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
Your set is absolutely gorgeous! I usually prefer white metals, but in this case the yellow is just perfect.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results