shape
carat
color
clarity

The time has come - any thoughts and prayers for mom very appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddness,my thoughts and prayers will be with you and your mom .
FireGodnnes please take care.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear this, but my prayers are with you and your mom for a full recovery!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Firegoddess, your mum and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
All my best to you and your mom FG. *hugs and prayers*

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Wishing your mom the speediest recovery!

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Big hugs and prayers for you and your mom. I hope everything goes well.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother. I hope that her recovery is speedy and that you receive good news regarding the success of her treatment. It''s really wonderful that you are going to be with your family and help take care of her.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it is only good news for her and your family...sending healing energy to you and be strong but take care of yourself too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strongest thoughts and prayers outgoing to you and yours.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be praying for you and your mother. Best wishes.
emhug.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers everyone. I will be thinking about them on Friday. I know they will comfort my mom''s nerves as she goes in to surgery. Anybody got some brave pills? I would love some. It will be a big test for me to keep my emotions under control. I am a very emotional person (if someone is crying on tv...oh gosh, waterworks) and I want to keep a brave face. I am hoping to find the strength to do that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2006 2:37:21 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers everyone. I will be thinking about them on Friday. I know they will comfort my mom''s nerves as she goes in to surgery. Anybody got some brave pills? I would love some. It will be a big test for me to keep my emotions under control. I am a very emotional person (if someone is crying on tv...oh gosh, waterworks) and I want to keep a brave face. I am hoping to find the strength to do that.
Aw, you know what FG? I am a very emotional person as well, but I have found that during times of extreme stress when I''d think I''d be the most tearful/emotional, I''m calm as can be. I didn''t cry when my mother almost didn''t make it to my wedding because she was in the ER overnight with what could''ve been a stroke, didn''t cry during my dad''s first 14 hr. surgery or when I saw him in ICU, didn''t cry during my wedding ceremony...but show me a Hallmark commercial on t.v. and I am crying a river! It''s the strangest thing. Anyway, I wanted to say to you that maybe you''re like me and you''ll kind of go on auto pilot and deal with everything just fine. And it''s ok to be scared--I''m not saying any of the things above didn''t terrify me, but for some reason I was able to keep my emotions in check.

That being said...is there any calming activity you can bring with you to do while you wait, such as crossword puzzles, knitting, a good book, etc? Will your DH be with you? Bring your laptop and chat with us on PS for some additional support...

When my dad was going through lots of surgeries I brought knitting...I must''ve knit 3-4 scarves in waiting rooms over a 6 month period. They kept my hands busy and gave me something to focus on. Also, other people in the waiting area who were there for their loved ones would always ask me about the knitting--it gave them something to focus on as well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am hoping that I am exactly like you in that regard. You have gone through some very emotionally trying times. I have been able to keep it together for all the phone conversations. I haven't cried, or in one instance when my dad called to say my mom wasn't doing so well I was able to tear up silently and recover before ever having to verbally respond so he wouldn't realize what was going on. But now I will be there in person and I'm so scared I will be visibly upset. I definitely hope I respond like you and get that 'calm in the storm' thing going on. I am praying for that. I know it's okay to be upset, but I do want to be 'the rock' as much as I can because I know everyone else will be scared, including my dad. I want to be able to reassure them. I've got to get a zen thing going.

Thankfully DH will be going with me. I will definitely be bringing my laptop...PS is always a great diversion, even when I shouldn't be taking one.
2.gif
Maybe it's time to take up knitting!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts and prayers are with you FG!

My step mom had a double mastectomy a few years ago and my aunt had a single mastectomy as well.

Just love your mom as best you can, comfort her, tell her she is beautiful and pamper her.
The healing is just as much mental as it is physical.
I wish you strength and patience and lots of love from your DH.

Let us know how your mom is doing!
All the best!
Janna

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, I''ve been through a bit myself. What I found helps is, if you''re feeling like crying but don''t want to at the moment, just tell yourself, I''ll cry later. It really helped me. Just make sure to really let it out later, don''t let it build. Wishing you much strength.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Firegoddess, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom! Take good care of her!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m praying for you and your mom FG. I am so glad your DH is going with you. Sending you strength in the days ahead. Take care of yourself as well, and if you need to cry, well cry. But I''m sure you will be a pillar of strength for your mom. She''s so lucky to have a daughter like you.
12.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
FG, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as well. It is okay to cry and be weak at times - that is what your husband is going there with you for! You can express yourself when with him while trying to be strong for your mom and dad. Expressing yourself with him will also make it easier for you to be strong when needed.

happygal

Rough_Rock
You and your family are in my thoughts...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Firegoddess, I''m sending my most positive thoughts for you and your Mom. Please take care. I''m happy that your husband will be there for support.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess, I am sure that you will be able to be the brave one. You''ll be amazed at what you can do! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish there was some helpful advice to give, or like you said, some brave pills.

*M*

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
FG, God bless your mother and your family.

Jeannine

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
FG, I know it is so hard - we''ll all be rooting for you and your mom.

I think that the fact that she has gotten through 6 tough months of chemo is great. The surgery will take away the cancer even more. Just keep that in mind - all that cancer just going away.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi FG-

Sorry I am a little late chiming in, just wanted to tell you that my thoughts and prayers are with your mom and your family this week....especially on Friday. Big hugs and good luck vibes sent your way!!
emrainbow.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending thoughts and prayers for you all.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FireGoddess:

Brave pills on the way.

In times like this I tend to read. Might I suggest the Bible (or at least the Old Testament). Many great stories - many great truths. Inspiration - and comfort - for those looking.

Remember, love, caring, faith, and freindship is in the heart and spirit - and not the body.

Perry

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wishing ferverently for you and your family to get through this time with as little anxiety as possible, and wishing for a good outcome.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Hugs hugs and more hugs. I hope all goes well and that by the weekend you will have some good news.

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
everything will turn out fine, your mom is also in my prayers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results