shape
carat
color
clarity

Cehrabehra, I keep looking for

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
your new ring. My goodness, woman, when are we going to see that creation??? I''m dying here.
14.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 2:07:03 PM
Author:lumpkin
your new ring. My goodness, woman, when are we going to see that creation??? I''m dying here.
14.gif
::sigh:: well.... I did post the wax of it... did you see that? The wax is NOT perfect but it gives a general idea of where I''m going with it....

And truth be told I''m starting to wonder if I should change jewelers
7.gif
I feel incredibly guilty because I know I wouldn''t be getting what I want if they didn''t do the work of translating my ideas into the head mainly.... but now that I have pics of it *mostly* right, I''m sure I could talk someone farther away through the details that need to be changed still... I''m so confused!!! I only put $100 down on the wax and they''ve put at *least* that much effort into it so I''m not upset about that, in fact I think I should pay them a little extra.... sorta... I''m still certain of the quality, I''m just... I''ve sat with her 3-4 times now and the details are not being fixed.... so this last time I gave her a list and said just work on this ONE part and let me see it asap and she said friday or saturday and both days - no call.... so now I wait until thursday again... and *I* am getting impatient as well. So I''m starting to wonder if I should get some quotes from other people, ps vendors etc., but then I feel guilty... I know this jeweler will take care of every detail if I can get her to focus, but it seems like she''s being very overworked and with her health isses etc it''s a bit much.... but if I ask her if she wants to drop it she''ll say no of course.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyone have any thoughts, opinions, advice? I was actually going to post about this anyway.... I''m going to see what she gives me this next week and if I have to go over a list of things *again* I''m going to be irritated. Every time I go in there and sit down and go over it all it''s like I''m being fickle and demanding... which I''m not. What I want hasn''t changed. This last time I gave her a *list* so she wouldn''t forget... I really don''t think this will be done by thanksgiving though. Oh well, maybe it will be a good "in" for me to attack my cousin''s oval!! tell her I just bought a diamond and I''m missing it can I please play with hers for a while? LMAO!!!!!

I''m *also* going to try to get my hands on my grandmother''s ring... she had this really UGLY ring made out of two family diamonds and two opals... it''s a very 50''s or 60''s crossover ring that no one in the family thinks is attractive... so the 4 girls were going to take each a diamond or opal. When it was appraised last they said the opals are worth more than the diamonds... one was my grandmother''s engagement diamond that she had reset... no clue what the original ring looked like... and the other was my great grandmother''s engagement diamond also no clue what the original ring looked like. I think one of these is an OEC. They''ve gone on and on about the quality of one being better than the other, the bigger being lesser quality, but I bet it''s because of a culet... anyway, dying to get my hands on it. I''m laying claim to the big one with the culet - I got married with that same g''gma''s wedding band, only suits I have her engagement diamond too, right?? hahaha....

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
C - if she doesn''t have it together this time I think it''s time to find someone else. It does not bode well when they have this much trouble and you end up feeling as though you won''t be getting what you want before they even actually start the ring. I figured the ring would be nearly done by now.

That looks like an Adwar setting except with a satin finish. If the head is the main thing you want changed, it really should not be that difficult. At least that''s my opinion.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any advice, just wanted to second that I''m getting impatient waiting to see your ring!
3.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Cehra-

Do you know where the orginal setting came from, or whose it is? I have been all over looking at settings, and I know I saw it recently on some vendor site, but I can''t remember whose. Do you need help finding it?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 7:34:22 PM
Author: lumpkin
C - if she doesn''t have it together this time I think it''s time to find someone else. It does not bode well when they have this much trouble and you end up feeling as though you won''t be getting what you want before they even actually start the ring. I figured the ring would be nearly done by now.

That looks like an Adwar setting except with a satin finish. If the head is the main thing you want changed, it really should not be that difficult. At least that''s my opinion.
I''d love to see the ring you''re talking about... I have nothing but trouble navigating adwar... ugh!! the inspiration ring I have no idea who makes it but molly''s friend has one so I know it''s not unique... I''ve made some changes to it in several areas, but the head is totally unique and my design. It''s still chunky in the pics I posted and it''s already been thinned down some but needs a bit more... if there is not enough improvement this week I''m going to get quotes from other jewelers and shop around. Who knows, maybe I''ll go back to greenlake and just request a different jeweler!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 7:35:04 PM
Author: Christa
I don''t have any advice, just wanted to second that I''m getting impatient waiting to see your ring!
3.gif
hahaha me too!! If you want to drive out here where they''re holding my stone hostage, I''d love for your in person suggestions!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 7:40:35 PM
Author: gail013
Cehra-

Do you know where the orginal setting came from, or whose it is? I have been all over looking at settings, and I know I saw it recently on some vendor site, but I can''t remember whose. Do you need help finding it?
the changes I made to it are drastic enough that it barely resembles the original other than the beveled diamond rows and satin parts.... but I would LOVE to know where the original originated from!! On the original the satin and diamonds just END abruptly with no fanfare.... I have them tapered to a point on the shank, I have a square band, a totally custom head, and some surprise touches... but I would love to know where the inspiration ring came from!!!!!! the only time I''ve seen it is when molly posted pics of her friends ring! and at my jewelers lol

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Cehra, is it still at the wax stage? If so i would be patient and give it another try, nothing final yet but your have an opportunity of hmmm...supervising it.
Local jeweler is a big advantage in projects like yours.

Good luck

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2006 10:13:53 PM
Author: Pricescope
Hey Cehra, is it still at the wax stage? If so i would be patient and give it another try, nothing final yet but your have an opportunity of hmmm...supervising it.
Local jeweler is a big advantage in projects like yours.

Good luck
Yes.... it is still in the wax stage and you''re right... and even though I''m a bit irritated to say the same thing again and again, they let me come in and potentially change things again and again at no cost to me. They''re being patient too, though I don''t think they realize if they followed my requests I wouldn''t have to come in there and repeat them!!! haha.... ::deep breath:: you''re right though, very good to have local, plus I like to support local businesses! I really am ready for sticky ugly purple to be done so we can get to rough and scratchy castings! haha ;-)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What you''re going through is the beginnings of what I went through with the person who did my custom job. If things don''t progress I''d recommend shopping for another jeweler. It is helpful to have a local person so you can supervise things, that''s for sure. However, mine never called me, never kept to the schedule, and it took almost six months to get my ring. I wouldn''t do that again in a million years.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2006 6:41:59 PM
Author: FireGoddess
What you''re going through is the beginnings of what I went through with the person who did my custom job. If things don''t progress I''d recommend shopping for another jeweler. It is helpful to have a local person so you can supervise things, that''s for sure. However, mine never called me, never kept to the schedule, and it took almost six months to get my ring. I wouldn''t do that again in a million years.
If it''s perfect(ish) in the end, I really don''t mind the wait... kinda LOL They''re definitely not ignoring me. I''ve gotten at least one if not two calls every week and have been in at least once a week to look at things... the part that irritates me is that I say 5 things that need to be adjusted and they''ll fix one or one and a half so I have to go over the list *again* and try to remember all the things.

In their defense she is working only 3 days a week and isn''t even supposed to be doing ring design - she''s supposed to be just doing repair right now and taking it easy... I saw her talent and kinda took her so she''s doing that on top of her regular work... I feel guilty about it and yet I really don''t want anyone else designing it. The owner who she apprenticed with 25 years ago I feel confident in to do setting and polish work etc but he''s only "good" with design IMO. Maybe better than good but she and I connect and communicate well. I just get the feeling that they want me to be done and stop making changes but they''re the same changes, just not made!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results