shape
carat
color
clarity

How early is too early for wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
We aren''t getting married until 2008 but I can''t help myself! I keep looking at wedding bands
15.gif
. I have narrowed it down to a #1 and #2 option but I am really worried they will stop making the #1 or they will only make a different version by 2008. Plus, I wouldn''t mind some more bling, even if I can''t wear it for awhile. Am I being silly?

BTW here is #1
http://www.tias.com/9207/PictPage/1922356173.html?mall=%2Fstores%2Fdoyledoyle;itemKey=1922356173;store=%2Fstores%2Fdoyledoyle;catId=bands;itemNo=R4509

and the #2 option is a Ritani Endless love wedding band

When is everyone else buying the rings?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how early is too early. I think we''ll buy ours whenever I can convince FI to go looking again. We''ve gone once and he found one he kind of likes, but who knows if he still likes it. We definitely need to a wait a few months since we just moved and had a ton of expenses. More than a year out might be pushing it, but I guess if you''re sure it''s what you want and neither of you are planning on gaining/losing a significant amount of weight, then there''s no reason not to.

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to get the band that matches my engagement ring, and since my fiance had been talking to the salesguy about the engagement ring already, we just figured we''d go ahead and order maybe a week after we got engaged! Right at 1.5 years beforehand. I love having it in its box and peek at it pretty often, and try it on for fun occasionally. (As in, holding it in my fiance''s face and going "LOOK I''M MARRIED!!"
20.gif
) We haven''t started thinking seriously about his yet (with 8 months to go) because he isn''t too picky and it won''t have to match anything. But if you don''t want to risk that ring being unavailable later and you''re positive you won''t change your mind, I see nothing wrong with keeping it around for a while beforehand!
5.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indecisive, I''m so happy to see that the french cut band is one of your options!
36.gif
You might want to shoot an email over to Doyle''s to see whether they''ll still have that in inventory in 2008.

But speaking from experience, if you''re a bling lover like most of us here, your wedding band will most likely be only the first of many band purchases over the years.
11.gif
If you buy it now, you''ll have a pretty ring to gaze upon and enjoy even if you don''t wear it for awhile. And if by the time your wedding rolls around you''ve [gasp!] fallen in love with a different band that you simply must be married in, then you can ask your DH to tuck away the french cut band and present it to you at your 1 year anniversary.
31.gif
Believe you me, accumulating multiple diamond bands over the years is hardly ever wasteful -- it''s all about stacking!!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Mwahaha, I like the way you think, KD!!
31.gif

I only have...ummm...3 wedding bands already picked out! My one I already own which will be the "real" one, a cheap plain wg one for when I don''t want to wear diamonds, and a long-term future anniversary 5-stone cushion...mmmm....I wonder what else I''ll come up with before I actually get married!
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2006 1:55:06 PM
Author: albicocca
Mwahaha, I like the way you think, KD!!
31.gif

I only have...ummm...3 wedding bands already picked out! My one I already own which will be the ''real'' one, a cheap plain wg one for when I don''t want to wear diamonds, and a long-term future anniversary 5-stone cushion...mmmm....I wonder what else I''ll come up with before I actually get married!
9.gif
MWAH-HAHA is right! We totally enable each other around here.
11.gif
Isn''t it fun???

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Hey indecisive! I''m a 2008 bride also, so I know how you feel... My obsession is dresses!
26.gif

My wedding band matches my e-ring as a set. We didn''t have the budget to buy it right away, but our jeweller assured us that he never throws away his designs, so even if we order it in a year, there''s no problem. We''ll probably order them about 6 months before the wedding.

albi - Haha, I''m planning on having a plain band made to match my e-ring too, and I''m sooo lusting over an e-w marquise eternity band as an anniversary band...
20.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My original ering was a channel set band that ended up becoming my original wedding band. So....I had mine from the day I got engaged!!!
2.gif

Clarygrace

Shiny_Rock
Not at all. We will marry next year and already purchased our wedding bands, as we found what we loved and the jeweler was having a sale on platinum! They are safe in the safe deposit box until next year...and we both look forward to wearing them for the rest of our lives when our special day arrives.

So, go with your heart, if you found that special symbol of your union, by alll means, go for it.

Cheers!
35.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on what you want...if you want a plain band, you can probably hold out for a while since having it and not being able to wear it will kinda be the same as not having it at all.

ETA: unless there's a sale, then I'd go for it, like clarygrace mentioned!!

Lately I've been looking into .75 or 1 ctw diamond wedding bands (in the next month or so FI and I are going to decide if we can afford it) and if we were to get that, then we'd need to pick it and likely participate in some sort of layaway program to budget ourselves over the course of the next 10 months. In cases like that you may want to look early. We could wait and buy it later, but the layaway makes us budget money towards it if we can afford it.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too early if you are sure, but be sure the return policy is OK! I just got a diamond band that is .35 tcw and while I LOVE it, it is really really thin! You get more of an overall sparkle rather than noticing each diamond.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
The bands that we are getting married with he designed a year ago, we went to our jeweler in late August, and they have been ready for over a week, but we can''t seem to get time off together to go look at them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results