shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique Miner''s Cut Solitaire Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mingo

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
Don''t know if this is the right place to post this but thought you might enjoy. This is an old miner''s cut/old european cut diamond from my great, great grandmother''s engagement ring. My mother made it into a solitaire necklace for my birthday one year and haven''t been able to part from it since. This was also the diamond I thought about using for my engagement ring, but a number of reasons including potential chipping of the stone, I veered away from that idea. Anyway, here it is. Please bear in mind that it does need to be cleaned but I wanted to show all those antique lovers out there a little piece of my history.
1.gif

P.S. If this isn''t the right area to post please feel free to move this thread, I don''t know how to do that yet.

P.P.S. I''m so excited I finally figured out how to use the Macro function on my camera! Now I can''t stop taking pictures of my diamond ring and necklace. LOL.
21.gif
I''m pathetic. hehe.
1.gif

Mingo

Rough_Rock
Woops for some reason the pic didn''t post, here it is.

Mingos necklace202156resized.jpg

susi

Shiny_Rock
It is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the stone!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
very nice! (and I am glad you chose the ering that you did, it is gggrreat!
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the facets on that stone!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely, I love old cuts!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, I adore OMC''s!!

Mingo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the kind comments.
9.gif
I do agree, I am very happy I didn''t use this stone for my engagement ring, for two reasons. The first being, I''m happy that I can wear both pieces together and the second being , I just love my princess cut E-ring and couldn''t imagine anything else but that on my finger!!! To tell you the truth, I''ve always favored a princess cut stone, not sure why because I love the facets in a round stone but my heart goes to the princess cut. I''m sure those that love diamonds can attest that when you''ve found the diamond you love, that''s that!
31.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Cool! It''s really pretty. I love your princess e-ring also.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love old cuts too...very beautiful..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE OECs. I''m glad you kept it "as is" and it won''t be risked during a resetting.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I absolutely adore it! I would love the end up with an OEC necklace and earrings too! Enjoy it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful stone and setting. I have heard that the older cuts are beautiful in candlelight/ low light conditions, so they seem like romantic cuts to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results