shape
carat
color
clarity

whoa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Its a shame they are wasting the cut on a heart shape, i would have gone with an emerald if it would have allowed it....

I wish I had 12 mil to spend on that!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2006 4:34:43 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Its a shame they are wasting the cut on a heart shape, i would have gone with an emerald if it would have allowed it....

I''m sure the shape chosen was simply to retain the most weight after cutting.
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2006 4:39:02 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 10/9/2006 4:34:43 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~

I''m sure the shape chosen was simply to retain the most weight after cutting.
1.gif
Yeah I know. Its to bad though. That shape in not that popular I dont think and I would have loved to see it in an emerald or an assher if the inclusions would have allowed it.
emwink.gif
I could go for a new pendant... LOL
Anyone wanna buy me that for Christmas???
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
2.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
A heart shape? Man, what a waste. I''d actually prefer the traditional round brilliant. That or a cushion would be cool. But the pic makes it looks like a RB would be feasible.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
How funny that DH sent me the same link. How encouraging!
31.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I agree on the heart shape. Almost anything else would have been better.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
When you have a 12 million dollar piece of rough, you can bet your "A double scribble", the plan for cutting it was very throughly studied.

Just studying that piece of rough for cutting may take months, and if a difficult stone, years, before it gets near the cutter''s wheel.

Depends how it crystalized, strain and yield is studied on a stone like this with every conceivable direction of orientation.

Rockdoc

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2006 11:26:35 PM
Author: RockDoc
When you have a 12 million dollar piece of rough, you can bet your ''A double scribble'', the plan for cutting it was very throughly studied.

Just studying that piece of rough for cutting may take months, and if a difficult stone, years, before it gets near the cutter''s wheel.

Depends how it crystalized, strain and yield is studied on a stone like this with every conceivable direction of orientation.

Rockdoc
Oh I''m sure of that. Just wonder if over time after studying it some more, what are the chances they will go for a different shape?? Just curious...
34.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It appears to be very white with few inclusions. Wowza!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
"She started screaming and all the staff thought she had been electrocuted," said Clifford Elphick, head of Gem Diamond Mining, which owns 70 percent of the mine.

Wonder what she got for her find... an extra dollar for her months work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results