shape
carat
color
clarity

Katie Holmes Earrings in Vanity Fair -- Bling Diva! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2006 10:36:42 PM
Author: lizz
I like this pair too.
Man, do I like those.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2006 2:09:09 AM
Author: pearlgirl
Hi Jeannine,

Simon G specializes in mixed metals and is VERY popular in LA right now. They also bought a full page ad in the same VF issue, quite near the article. The detail I posted here was confirmed by Simon G Jewelry when they confirmed to me that they created the Katie Holmes earrings in Vanity Fair. However, a few days later, someone else at Simon G denied they created them and said they could not duplicate a custom order anyway. As Tom Cruise was their customer, and bought them for Katie when she gave birth to their daughter, I would imagine the bezel set diamonds are not small. I would think 1ct each, at least. You''re right though. The design would not work with much larger diamonds (www.simongjewlery.com)

As far as the detachable hoops go...Erica Courtney, another VERY high profile Jewelry Designer in LA, has been designing earrings with them for years. Erica''s are great in that they are reversable - one side pave diamond, they other polished metal only. She also reverses the earring pieces as well, so you end up with six options - hoops only, diamond or not - with front pave diamond ear pieces, or reverse side - with either option hoops. I hope you can follow that, but the design is brillant, although NOT cheap (www.ericacourtney.com). I don''t think they''re on her website but you could call them in LA. She does make them in platinum. If she''ll sell you the hoops only, it would be simple enough to use the pave halo cast to create the rest of the earrings pictured. Just hire a master goldsmith, but you''ve still got to pay for them! This should help. Let me know how things work out for you!
Pearlgirl, thank you for being such a resource & doing all this sleuthing. I have a few people I know who could do custom, as well as maybe having whiteflash use the adwar cast that a previous poster showed, attaching a loop & then putting on some diamond hoops.

I just adore this style. It''s so cool! It''s a good thing her diamonds aren''t pink, you know how expensive that would be? OMG.....I tried to find pink diamonds, and yeah...forget it. I think the pink/rose gold would cast enough of a pinkish glow to be subtle & delicate. Mmmmmmmm....

Jeannine

pearlgirl

Rough_Rock
Here is the closest image I can get of these earrings. Yes, Jeannine, the bezel set diamond is PINK, as are the outer halo pave diamonds, and, as you mentioned, that only increases the price even more! I suppose they could be made with lesser stones? Anyway, here''s more detail for you....

K. Holmes earrings.jpg

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
What about pale pink sapphires?

or if I have another boy *****hmmm, what might be cookin?**** are blue diamonds expensive? Sapphires ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results