shape
carat
color
clarity

Man I''m nervous, need a budget ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On polish. You won't even notice.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Julie. That looks like a great diamond, I wouldn''t dismiss it.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Just keep this in mind, I get scared sometimes because I think people get on here and think anything less than an AGS 0 is crap. My stone would not rate as an AGS0. It is gorgeous. I actually chose it in person over an AGS 000 because I liked it better! It''s cut to ideal proportions but would not be considered an AGS 0 because it has a very thin spot on the girdle. It''s .83ct''s but it looks just as big to me as most of my friends 1cts from B & M''s. It sparkles like mad and I get compliments from every jewelry store i''m in, even high end ones! Please don''t discount the original stone you were looking at or one that you might like or get at a great price because it''s not AGS 0. Not saying that AGS 0''s aren''t great stones, they are. But you don''t have to choose that to have a great stone.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry the I1 didn''t work out for you. Unfortunately they are not for everyone - especially for an engagement ring.
Out of the stones you posted, the 0.854 is the one I like the best. It''s really one fine looking SI1, scattered and light. I wouldn''t discard it only because of the exc polish vs. ideal. The 8eternity is nice too, but I am afraid you might be able to see the inclusion with your naked eye.

Alastor

Rough_Rock
"Just keep this in mind, I get scared sometimes because I think people get on here and think anything less than an AGS 0 is crap. My stone would not rate as an AGS0. It is gorgeous. I actually chose it in person over an AGS 000 because I liked it better! It''s cut to ideal proportions but would not be considered an AGS 0 because it has a very thin spot on the girdle. It''s .83ct''s but it looks just as big to me as most of my friends 1cts from B & M''s. It sparkles like mad and I get compliments from every jewelry store i''m in, even high end ones! Please don''t discount the original stone you were looking at or one that you might like or get at a great price because it''s not AGS 0. Not saying that AGS 0''s aren''t great stones, they are. But you don''t have to choose that to have a great stone."

I thought I would post this, which is direct from the "Test Your Diamond IQ" part of this site.

An AGS0 grade means that the diamond is an ''ideal'' cut.

FALSE. An AGS0 grade means that the diamond scored ''Ideal'' for Proportions, Polish & Symmetry. The AGS0 is a well intentioned attempt to help establish cut quality. However, not all are great stones. The tolerances used by the AGS are not as tight as those in the AGA (the first US diamond certificate with a cut grade) or other cut grading tools like HCA. AGS graded diamonds tend to be a little more expensive but are a good place to start. Be sure to take the numbers from the cert and run them through HCA; that way you will avoid most of the stones that do not perform as well with ideal-scope and brilliancescopes etc. There are some very nice looking diamonds, with unusual proportion combinations, that rate as low as AGS7. The GIA cut study survey has had favorable responses to diamonds rated as low as AGS10.

19.gif

Alastor

Rough_Rock
D&G Hedonist I like your shirt in the avatar. Dolce and Gabbana are one of my favourite designers. I bought a pair of their men''s shoes from www.styledrops.com

450.00 USD but amazing high quality shoes.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Well at least you know that you are a big clarity sensitive and Wink is a great guy to work with...hopefully he''ll find you something in your price range that you are looking for.
I have to agree...I''ve seen a HOF up against my Infinity and the Infinity looked much better to me also. Paul cuts beautiful stones
30.gif
30.gif

Good luck!

C-Par

Rough_Rock
Well I have been gone for a while, actually to a wedding.

I have been working with wink and we found a

0.78 SI1 E Infinity diamond. I do like Paul''s cuts.

I should have it next week. Then I have to hide it. THen I have to figure out how to propose.

Her birthday is next month on the 10th but that seems too obvious.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

And yeah, I''d wait til just after her bday, then she won''t expect it (as much?). Good luck!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent! I''m glad you found something! Did you get a setting yet?

Birthday seems like it would be obvious but maybe obvious is good...like wow thats an obvious date so he wouldn''t pick that....and then she is VERY surprised?

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 4:49:11 PM
Author: C-Par
Well I have been gone for a while, actually to a wedding.

I have been working with wink and we found a

0.78 SI1 E Infinity diamond. I do like Paul''s cuts.

I should have it next week. Then I have to hide it. THen I have to figure out how to propose.

Her birthday is next month on the 10th but that seems too obvious.
Wonderful news
36.gif
You won''t be disappointed with your choice...the infinity diamonds are top notch
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news! I''m sure it will be a gorgeous diamond if it was recommended by wink. Please post pictures after the proposal, I''d love to see the finished product.

C-Par

Rough_Rock
Well here are some photos you all have been waiting for. The lighting isn't quite right with the camera but it has way more sparkle with the naked eye. The camera also has like a yellow tint.

Hope she will like it

Thanks to Wink and everyone in this forum. What a great place for diamonds.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Beautiful!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! Let us know how it goes and post some pics on her hand if you get a chance!! :)

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
C-Par, you got a great diamond! I love the E color, and SI-1 is a sweet spot for eye clean. It is nice and large on that band and I think she will LOVE it!

Please post your proposal story and some hand shots!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Most excellent!
36.gif

The diamond is a KILLER and the setting is very beautiful. I LOVE the softly swooping prong shafts!
30.gif
YUM-O!!!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Not disappointing in the least. Paul''s Infinity diamonds are seriously the bomb LOL...I get compliments all the time...the most recent one was when my neighbor asked me if I clean my diamond all the time. I said no why...she said you must clean it alot because its the sparkliest diamond I''ve ever seen. LOL I just told her that I did my homework and picked a diamond that would sparkle this much. I''m never disappointed with the performance of my diamond...I wouldn''t hesitate to buy another Infinity!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results