shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me choose a wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm.... great feedback, everyone... thank you so much!! I should have done this as a poll... it seems so evenly split between all three options! I also appreciate the suggestions from people who weren't really feeling any of them.

I did consider just a plain, thin band, and tried it out by turning one of my current rings around so only the band part showed beside my e-ring... definitely not a bad look, but probably not my favorite either. It didn't really "flow", because of the non-uniform thickness of my setting. I also like the idea of having some diamonds on it for occasions when I'd want to wear it alone, sans e-ring, but still have a little bling.
2.gif

It seems like nobody has had any personal experience with the invisible setting of #1 (my fiance's favorite, suprisingly, since he doesn't usually like things too flashy). I AM a little apprehensive about the safety of it... unless someone tells me otherwise!

I am also seriously considering the Signed Pieces band pictured below. It has the bar-setting I like about #2, though slightly more subtle bars... and smaller stones as well... about .07ct each, while my current sidestones are .15ct each. Thoughts? Keep the opinions coming... this is great!!
9.gif

FacetsBarWB.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 or #3 but would go with smaller stones so they don''t distract from your beautiful e-ring.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with some of the others. I don''t like any of the options with your ring, but if I had to choose, I''d choose #3.

I agree with making your e-ring the star. Let us know what you decide.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I like the smaller one you posted. I know they have a good return policy. You could always order it just to see it with your w-ring.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love #1 with your e-ring, but I would worry about the problems that others have had. I think my second favorite would be #3.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 4:23:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Oh I like the smaller one you posted. I know they have a good return policy. You could always order it just to see it with your w-ring.
I think we''ll probably order this one just to check it out. We''ve got some time to decide, still.

I also tried on a smaller eternity band at Bailey, Banks, & Biddle this weekend that looked nice... though I think my saleswoman was having an off-day. She was less than enthusiastic and I had the sense I was wasting her time every time I asked to try on another band. I did a quick self-inventory and yes, I was wearing very non-designer Abercrombie jeans and my bag was only Coach (though I DID visit the LV store to drool for a while...haha)... but geez... that didn''t make me any less likely to buy something. Oh well... I''ll assume it was just personal problems unrelated to me.
2.gif

Thanks again, everyone!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 10:03:37 AM
Author: ephemery1
Date: 9/15/2006 4:23:46 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

I think we''ll probably order this one just to check it out. We''ve got some time to decide, still.

I also tried on a smaller eternity band at Bailey, Banks, & Biddle this weekend that looked nice... though I think my saleswoman was having an off-day. She was less than enthusiastic and I had the sense I was wasting her time every time I asked to try on another band. I did a quick self-inventory and yes, I was wearing very non-designer Abercrombie jeans and my bag was only Coach (though I DID visit the LV store to drool for a while...haha)... but geez... that didn''t make me any less likely to buy something. Oh well... I''ll assume it was just personal problems unrelated to me.
2.gif

Thanks again, everyone!

Oh, I HATE that. I look very young for my age and I HATE it when people in stores don''t take me seriously!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I like #3 best.

Have you considered getting a really thin plain band and a diamond band and wearing the plain band between the e-ring and the diamond band? I have this set-up and I think it really helps the e-ring "stand-out."

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Your ering is beautiful! I like band #1 but would go with smaller diamonds. Your ering should shine!!
35.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 12:08:56 PM
Author: dtnyc
I like #3 best.

Have you considered getting a really thin plain band and a diamond band and wearing the plain band between the e-ring and the diamond band? I have this set-up and I think it really helps the e-ring ''stand-out.''
I love this idea... I was thinking about it originally because my fiance would like to engrave something in my band, and I thought it might be nice to get a more permanent simple band for this purpose... that way if I ever changed up my setting or diamond band, I''d still have the engraved one. I couldn''t find any pix of this look though... would you happen to have a picture of your set to post? I would love to see it!!

jenniegirlm

Shiny_Rock
I like the look of #2! It makes the whole set look "clean." Or maybe "sleek" is the word?
37.gif
Do you know what the size of the stones are in band #2? I''m in a conundrum myself looking for a half-eternity-band. Good luck!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My favorites are 2 and 3, I think the stones in 1 distract too much from your e-ring.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 8:41:35 PM
This one is an eternity band... but the bar-setting is what I like, because they match the little bar-set bits on the outsides of my sidestones. Also, Signed Pieces has a half-eternity bar-set band that looks very similar, but with slightly smaller stones... which might be a good option...

I''m a size 5.25 and this is probably a 6 or so, so it might look a little clunkier on me than the correct size would?
I like this one the best, with the bars - either full or half eternity... and I would get whatever size matched your side diamonds... that could be too matchy for you lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2006 11:57:25 AM
Hmmm.... great feedback, everyone... thank you so much!! I should have done this as a poll... it seems so evenly split between all three options! I also appreciate the suggestions from people who weren''t really feeling any of them.

I did consider just a plain, thin band, and tried it out by turning one of my current rings around so only the band part showed beside my e-ring... definitely not a bad look, but probably not my favorite either. It didn''t really ''flow'', because of the non-uniform thickness of my setting. I also like the idea of having some diamonds on it for occasions when I''d want to wear it alone, sans e-ring, but still have a little bling.
2.gif
Being a fan of the PLAIN wedding band (that can be worn ALL the time lol) I am *also* a fan of anniversary/eternity bands. hehehe... I would get married with the plain band *and* incorporate a diamond covered band... you can wear all three or mix and match and you always have a ring you can wear, even gardening :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 8:04:54 PM

Date: 9/18/2006 12:08:56 PM
Author: dtnyc
I like #3 best.

Have you considered getting a really thin plain band and a diamond band and wearing the plain band between the e-ring and the diamond band? I have this set-up and I think it really helps the e-ring ''stand-out.''
I love this idea... I was thinking about it originally because my fiance would like to engrave something in my band, and I thought it might be nice to get a more permanent simple band for this purpose... that way if I ever changed up my setting or diamond band, I''d still have the engraved one. I couldn''t find any pix of this look though... would you happen to have a picture of your set to post? I would love to see it!!
there ya go... I''d have the plain one be my actual wedding band "committment" and have it sandwiched between "promise" and "eternity" :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2006 11:01:38 AM
Author: tanya_blane
try shenoa & co ... they r good .. i purchase all my jewelry from their online portal www.shenoa.com

if you have problems in the item u purchase ..they will give 100% refund also .........i got 2 months back for one ...i trust only shenoa
36.gif
pfffft after the insane spam from this company there''s no freaking way I''d buy there...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results