shape
carat
color
clarity

My Cushion Cut Micropave Ring By Mark Turnowski

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatguy

Rough_Rock
Handshots!

handshot01.jpg

handshot02.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
somebody please pass me an inhaler!!! It''s amazing - I love the hand shots!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ries -- once I''m done with my albuterol I''ll hand it over to you!
3.gif

Judging from the lovely hand pics (I''m guessing those aren''t YOUR manicured nails and soft-looking hands!) I guess CONGRATULATIONS are in order!!

It is a stunning ring, very unique, and it''s perfect on her hand!

fatguy

Rough_Rock
The proposal itself was more of an entire day then a single event. Like I posted before I went at got 3 dozen red roses from a flower shop here in the city. While she was still sleeping I made a hugh breakfast , but she woke up early and came out, so the initial plan to propose to her right when she got up was gone...fortunately I had a backup plan ;-)

We were going to head up to the MET to see an exhibit she''s been dying to take me to, but we completely forgot about a therapist''s appointment that we had scheduled for that afternoon, so we had to go to that instead, which kindof threw a wrench into the plans but it worked out ok. (We decided to take pre-engagement couples therapy to strenghten our relationship, and I highly recommend it for EVERYBODY.)

After the session we went and spent about 3 hours at a spa here in New York. Once we were all relaxed and the sun was going down we went down to battery park (where we had our first kiss) and spent some time walking around. The weather was absolutely beautiful (60 degrees in January??) and when the sun was just starting to set I proposed to her on a park bench.

After a few hours of phone calls, we went to a late dinner at "our" neighborhood italian resturant, then we went to Flute (Champagne bar) where I had a table reserved. A whole bunch of friends met us out for a fun evening, which didn''t end until 5am!

Considering that I didn''t have a real definitive plan, it couldn''t have turned out any better. Besides, I knew once she saw the ring it was a lock ;-)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Well done, Fatguy. It is beyond beautiful. Congrats and best wishes to you both.

shay

blondie76

Rough_Rock
Congrats! The ring is a masterpiece. Now we need to see it on her hand!

ETA- Opps...I must have skipped a page. Saw the hand shots. Stunning!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh the hand shots are wonderful and it sounds like the two of you had an amazing day! Congrats on finding the perfect ring for the love of your life!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! That ring is amazingly gorgeous. I can''t get over how perfect it is....

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. That ring is just amazing!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the hand shots. That is the most fabulous ring ever!!! Congrats!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

RED

Rough_Rock
Hi Fatguy,

Congratulations on your engagement! I have been coveting your ring for quite a while now. I am new to pricescope and would love to ask you a few questions. I know you posted all the specs of the ring but I, being completely overwhelmed by ring purchasing, would like to know if there is anything else I should tell a jeweler about your ring. Your fiancee''s is ideal for me! Thanks so much.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Red, welcome to Pricescope. Fatguy hasn''t posted since January so I kind of assume he doesn''t come here anymore. You could ask Mark from Enagement Rings Direct about this ring since he is the vendor that it came from. I had called him at one time, since I considered this ring.

RED

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. What did you wind up choosing? And will M.T. tell me every bit of info if I want it made by someone else?

I am clueless.. I have a relative from out of state offering to make this ring up for me and he said he could have it fast, which is great but makes me super nervous since if so fast, is it right? is there something i should ask for to have my bf see it before he approves it? pays for it??

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Red,

I ended up going with a round instead of a cushion. I have a halo set with pink diamonds in rose gold around it.

My ring was hand made and took approximately a month to finish. I know "Fatguy''s" ring was hand made as well after talking to Mark Turnowski. I don''t think that Mark would give you all the info., if you tell him you may have it made by someone else. You should probably just approach him that you''re interested in the ring and would like to know about it.

I would worry about the "fast" aspect of having a ring made. And as others have said, cushions are tricky. I think you''d want to see the diamond first. Dealing with relatives can sometimes be awkward. What if something goes wrong?

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results