shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing Wide Band Rings HOF

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jostandm

Rough_Rock
Hi: I have had my fingers sized two times by two different jewelers. They both told me my finger was a 4 1/2. I got my ring in a 4 1/2 and it doesn''t fit at all. The ring was a surprise so I did not know which ring I was getting. It is a hearts on fire Right Hand Ring - Joy Ring.

I can wear it but it is really really tight and very hard to get off. Very uncomfortable. The ring is a thick ring.

Are you suppose to get a larger size for wider rings? If yes shouldnt have the jeweler pointed that out?

I have only had it a couple days, should I give it some time?

Hope to get some answers. Thanks to everyone.

I have attached a picture of the ring.

RHJoyR.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
being someone who has adifficult time with the width of rings, I can vouch for the difference in size depending on the width. my wedding set is a 6 3/4 but since my bands are so thick, they are tight. (I just recently had the bands thinned down, thank God). However, my right hand ring, which is a much thinner shank, (it''s a split shank with a rhod- garnet) is a 6 1/2 and fits well.

I would consider going up a little in size if I were you.
My jeweler has difference sizers at different widths, so that was a good help for me.

It is a very lovely ring you have though, hope you get the size worked out.

jostandm

Rough_Rock
This is the first time it was ordered and now we are hopeing they will let us reorder it for no extra cost. So I hope it works out smoothly.

thanks.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, you should get a larger ring size for a wider ring... and unless your fingers are going to shrink over the years, I''d go and change that ring now!!!

jostandm

Rough_Rock
How many sizes do you recommend going up. 3/4?

jostandm

Rough_Rock
Does anyone who has a ring that is wide or has diamonds going all the way around or both, do you regret getting them. Just because, well like this one you have to send it to the company everytime to get a new one?

Ice Snoop

Rough_Rock
Did you have your left or right ring finger sized? Bear in mind that fingers on your writing hand will be slightly larger than your other hand. So if you had your left ring finger sized and were given a right hand ring, it may not be the right size.

IS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The wider the ring the larger size you will need. I''d think a 4 3/4 would be good for you as the 4 1/2 is too tight. Good luck looks like a beautiful ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the others but I''d probably go a half size larger just to be sure you can wear it long term. You can always have sizing beads put in if it is too big, but there''s not a thing you can do if it gets too tight!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most jewelers have sizing rings in different widths, none will be as wide as your ring but you will get an idea if the 4 3/4 will work or not, and try the 5. See how it feels. Another option is to go for a 4 3/4 FULL, it's a tad larger. Another option is if the 5 is a tad big go for a 5 scant. Only you can tell what will be comfortable for you.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I would try a size 5 in a ring that wide, but as others have suggested try on some things at the jewelers before you reorder. I have seen that HOF ring at my local jewelers and it is just gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

jostandm

Rough_Rock
I can''t wait to go to the jewelry store. I like the idea of getting sizing beads if it is too big. You are right there is nothing you can do when it is too tight!

Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results