shape
carat
color
clarity

splitshank rhodolite garnet ring, complete!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to FINALLY post some pics of this ring I have obsessed over!!!
If anyone can help me figure out how to take better pictures! I have tried macros, flash/no flash...so frustrating!!!!!

Anyway, here it is! an 8 x 10 rhodo garnet in a semi mount purchased from http://www.myjewelrysource.com/aquamarine_rings/gr1056_aquamarine-rings.htm
for $439!! I love it, the diamonds are small but add the daintiest bit of sparkle!!

The only issues:
I don''t know if you can tell in the pics: the stone is mounted a bit high in the setting (called airline, I think?) and I think I would like it more set down in a bit.

The rhodo is dark. I chose it. I was hoping that it might look brighter once mounted but I was too embarrassed and impatient (imagine that) to ask her to bring more in..... I don''t know if I want to keep the stone bc it looks more ''red'' than ''pink''... lol, I am sure some of you are thinking "girl that ain''t pink at all". Should I look for a pink topaz, or can I find a pinker rhodo??

and here is the strangest bit: Don''t the prongs look yellow?? I think they are???? can you tell????

here we go, pics!

and as always, pleasee honest opinions!!!!

DSC05337m.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
3rd

ETA::
If you look carefully around the bottom of the stone, you can see the 'airline' and into the setting.

DSC05344m.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s beautiful!!! I love the diamond split shank with the deep color...amazing!!!
30.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Bling Diva!

In the 3rd pic, you can see under the stone and into the bottom of the setting...can you see it??

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
and here is one for fun, of my 2 yr old Andrew who always asks to wear mommy''s rings.

He says, "mommy, can ! wear dat? can I". and I tell him how he can buy his wife nice things when he grows up!!

andrews.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
First of all, your son is adorable. Secondly, I love the color of that garnet. A real raspberry as it should be. Thirdly, yes I think there is a slight yellow look to the prongs. Fourth, I don''t know if they can lower the stone anymore.

It looks great on your hand. It''s a beautiful ring. I love it.

shay

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
He looks so cute!!!

I actually love the color of that stone, and the way it looks in the setting! Gorgeous together. I do think the prongs look slightly yellow - can''t they just rhodium dip those?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
well I just sent these pics to myjewelrysource.com and she said that they probably polished it off when setting it. I am planning on stopping by the jeweler''s tomorrow while my boys are nappng and I will talk to them about that.

I will still see if I can get better pics.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 4:26:58 PM
Author: Shay37
First of all, your son is adorable. Secondly, I love the color of that garnet. A real raspberry as it should be. Thirdly, yes I think there is a slight yellow look to the prongs. Fourth, I don''t know if they can lower the stone anymore.

It looks great on your hand. It''s a beautiful ring. I love it.

shay

I agree on all counts!
2.gif

Yummy garnet!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love garnets and I love split shank so it is right up my alley!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your son is beyond cuteness! Love your new ring - such rich color and the setting is simply magnificent!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!!
and do you think the prongs look ok?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I love the color!!!!

I feel like it is a tad yellow, hopefully they can fix it like you said.
I hope they can lower it too, if you want them to!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, I love the delicate split shank halo setting. Very pretty on a colored stone.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty ring indeed!
love it!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone!
i am still working on some more pics, trying to pick up the diamond spakles!!

Hopefully headed over the jeweler in 1 hr or so to show her the prongs..

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute kid.

I like the setting especially from the side. The stone does sit high. Will you wear the ring all the time? That would bother me, but not if I didn''t wear it every day.

Hope you did well at the jewelers.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring Sophie

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
hi, just wanted to give you all a quick update. The jewler is going to rerhodium the ring for me...however, I am considering changing the stone to something pinker. Maybe a pink topaz, which I totally didn''t want originally, but she showed me 2 and one is a checkerboard oval. very nice....any way, what do you think?
is a topaz going to be durable enough? Right now I am wearing the ring daily, but I will eventually be switching it around with other RHR''s ;....

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Topaz is very durable, but I really love the garnet. Rhodolite garnets are my favorite! Very pretty ring, Sophie.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2006 5:13:23 PM
Author: lizz
Topaz is very durable, but I really love the garnet. Rhodolite garnets are my favorite! Very pretty ring, Sophie.

argh... I know, I am torn. I do like the rhodo, and I think it has a very ''rich'' color...classy, if you will.

But the pink topaz is more pink (duh) which ultimately is what my mind was after.....They did also show me a few pink tourmaline''s that were nice too, but they were about 300 bucks and the rhodo I already have is 130.....maybe I should go pink tourm??

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, and the color of the garnet is to die for! The diamonds really make that gorgeous stone pop
30.gif
!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Your ring turned out great Sophie!! The colour is lovely too!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2006 3:06:57 PM
Author: Sophie
hi, just wanted to give you all a quick update. The jewler is going to rerhodium the ring for me...however, I am considering changing the stone to something pinker. Maybe a pink topaz, which I totally didn''t want originally, but she showed me 2 and one is a checkerboard oval. very nice....any way, what do you think?
is a topaz going to be durable enough? Right now I am wearing the ring daily, but I will eventually be switching it around with other RHR''s ;....
No no, as much as I love pink I think you should keep the garnet. It is just perfect as it is!!!

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Your son is so cute!!! I love the setting, I think it''s beautiful. But I do think the garnet is set up way too high. I see what you mean about seeing underneath the stone into the bottom of the setting. I don''t think you want it to be that way. The stone would look better more "set into" the ring. I do love the color of the garnet. That is the color they are supposed to look...at least on my monitor. But if you want pinker, then I suppose you should choose something that is really pink...like a pink topaz, pink sapphire, or pink tourmaline. Any of those would be much "pinker". And it sounds like the rhodium plating will take care of the yellowish prongs. You will probably have to have the entire ring replated occasionally, anyway. Especially if you intend to wear the ring often. But overall, the style and look of the ring is very lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results