shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this photographer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone! I''d really appreciate your thoughts on this photographer: http://www.mod4.com

I look forward to your input! TIA!
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think they have some nice shots, but I''m a little bothered by the black and white images because most of them look rather washed out. Of course, that could be my computer or the scan, or whatever, but I''d want to see some in person first. Some of their shots look rather trite to me, as if they''re trying too hard. I don''t think they have the best flow.

Also, they seem rather expensive, but that could just be a regional thing... and getting the pics back on dvd... would you be able to easily print and email from the dvd? I''d want to know about that. That may be the point... they don''t want you to, but most brides are going to want to print some pics again themselves.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
It's not your typical, traditional wedding photography (yahoo!)

I would check them out- why not?? Be sure to view a full wedding shoot so you can better see the flow (I agree with SB that it's not the greatest), and ask a ton of questions. Just by spending an hour or so you'll know if you click with them which is the most important thing (IMHO), as you'll be spending quite a bit of time with them on the big day!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know. I REALLY like th moments they capture and the emotions... so thier timing and eye is good. I LOVED the bridal getting ready, the seeing each other for the first time, the sitting together. But I'm worried about some of the black and whites (like someone mentioned) but that could just be the web posted shots for copyright protection. Honestly? I would ask to see two complete weddings... from beginning to end expecially if they have one that they haven't weeded out the bad shots from. But I would definitely give them a shot. I like thier eye and timing enough that it would be worth my while. But then, that's the style of photographery I like best too.

ETA: Prices seem downright reasonable to me-- but then average in DC is 4500.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your input guys! Actually, my FI and I have met with them, and we''re getting ready to send them out the deposit check. It''s a lot of money, which is non-refundable, so I guess I was just having a moment of panic and second guessing our choice (which is why I wanted to see what you all thought)!

About the black and white shots; I see what you all mean! Although, not all of the black and white pictures look like that (I think they purposely edit some shots that way). *sheepishly* I think having a few that look like that is cool...

sumbride and Chargergirl: What do you mean when you say that they don''t have the best flow? Now you''ve got me worried! Do you just not like the shots that they''re getting?

sumbride: The DVD that''s included in the package has all edited full resolution images on it. You can have them printed yourself if you wish! Actually, we might have my sister (web/graphic designer) design our album using MyPublisher!

equestrienne: Thanks for the link!

I''m not sure if you''ve checked out the slideshows on their website (there''s a link in the navigation, but to see more recent weddings click on news) - what you see there is representative of what a typical wedding looks like (I like looking at those more so than the gallery, where there''s just a bunch of random pictures from different weddings!).

Thanks again for your input ladies! I really appreciate it!
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Kerbear -

I hope when you met with them that you got to see a proof album with the pictures from an entire wedding start to finish. This is what the other people here are mentioning as well ("flow"). I found that that was most important to me when I was looking around, because I could see what all the unretouched proofs looked like from the very beginning of the ceremony to the last dance of the evening. No photo editing, no special effects, just one couple''s big day in all its glory. If the proofs looked good, then going to the retouched and edited pictures made things even better. I know some places around the Detroit area only show you their very best pictures taken here and there from many many weddings. If you saw a true proof album and are comfortable with the cost, cut the check.

Have you looked into Amanda Williams? She''s very reasonable, very good, and comes highly recommended by the Knotties in and around the D. If no deposit has been made, you may want to see about meeting her too.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
The b&w shots look very burnt out to me. "The only white in a photograph should be the highlights on jewellery, every other part should have a tone." That was the rule when I was at college and is a good guide to quality.

Compostition looks good though and that''s a lot of the battle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results