shape
carat
color
clarity

upgrade finally getting closer-setting help for hopefully the last time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:29:22 PM
Author: butterfly 17
Yes, It looks like the first picture you posted. So pretty in person and definitely wider, but the back shank gets as thin as the regular endless love shank.

butterfly, did you like the catherdral?

DS, I''m like you, I like the head of the butterfly''s ring and I''m not a fan of the catherdral in this style as much but would be interested to see it in person...

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi diamondseeker2006, I am pretty sure that you can ask that they make it 2 mm.
When I first got my Ritani, I had a problem with the prongs and they remade my ring, but when they remade it, I noticed that the shank was thinner than the wedding bands, something I didn''t notice in the first one.
So, I sent it back to them specifically because it was noticeably thinner than my wedding bands, I thought it had some kind of flaw, and they remade it in the same width as my wedding bands.

Also, today, I saw an endless love set with a radiant and the shank on that ring was thicker than on my rings, even though they are all supposed to be the same width. I even mentioned to my saleslady that the shank was thicker and she said something like, but you don''t want it that thick, yours is just fine.

2.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:35:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo

butterfly, did you like the catherdral?

DS, I''m like you, I like the head of the butterfly''s ring and I''m not a fan of the catherdral in this style as much but would be interested to see it in person...
Yes, I have always liked cathedral settings though and I do consider the one I have a cathedral setting, just not an open cathedral, if you get me.

What I have noticed about my setting is that the diamond sits extremely low, a lot lower than the Ritani solitaire you and Mara like, and even lower than my Royal Crown, which is low.

I have an OMC diamond and even that sits higher than this.

The setting you posted that we are talking about sits higher. I compared sideviews of it with my ring and it had a 1.5 ct. round and it looked just as big as my diamond from the top. I guess because visually you see the diamond closer to your eye, so it just looks bigger.

Sort of like a diamond looking bigger the smaller the finger size.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
did they still use the same 2mm wedding band?

hmmm..man I wish I had a Ritani dealer near me
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:47:14 PM

7.gif
Come visit me!!! BBB just opened a brand new store in the King of Prussia mall. It''s huge. They closed their old store to open this one. It''s awesome!!!!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:53:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh

7.gif
Come visit me!!! BBB just opened a brand new store in the King of Prussia mall. It''s huge. They closed their old store to open this one. It''s awesome!!!!
31.gif

I may just have to do that
31.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I kept the same 2mm. bands. I basicallly called them up and told them I thought something was wrong because the bands and the e-ring were different widths.
so, they told me to just ship one wedding band and the e-ring back to them and they would see if there was a problem and if there was, they would redo the ring for me.
Before I actually called them and to make sure I wasn''t completely crazy and dellusional, I went to two or three different BBB to compare their displays of my ring to check the band width and sure enough, the ones they had on display were the same width.

When they got the rings, I got a phone call from them that they weren''t sure why the e-ring and the wedding band were two different sizes, but that it was not supposed to be that way.

So, they remade the ring, but of course, they accidently place more diamonds on the e-ring shank than on my wedding bands so the sizing area in the back was smaller on the e-ring. Which was fine with me because I thought that area was too big to begin with.

So, they sent me the new e-ring with more diamonds on the shank with the promise that if I ever wanted to add more diamonds to the wedding bands, they be more than happy to do it for me.
So, last year, I called them up after having the set for 4 months and asked them to add the diamonds to the wedding bands.
2.gif

Through all of this Ritani was so nice and so understanding and had exceptional customer service skills.
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 12:03:53 AM

Through all of this Ritani was so nice and so understanding and had exceptional customer service skills.
36.gif

that is very good news
36.gif

Butterfly, how would you describle the sparkle on the 2.5mm wide ring? was it still a shimmer like your current set or did you notice a little more bling
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Seems like we are playing post tag! No, definitely more blingy than the one I have. The diamonds are set the same though.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:56:07 PM

Date: 7/9/2006 11:53:19 PM
Author: Kaleigh

7.gif
31.gif

I may just have to do that
31.gif
I''ll go this week for you and give you my honest opinions. Dangerous for me cause the last time you sent me on one of these missions I ended up buying an Ebel watch. Remember that????
11.gif
Nah, it will be my pleasure. I''m curious to see all these settings as well!!!
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Ha, ha, Kaleigh, I can just see it now, "PS Mission Impossible Number 4: The Hunt for the elusive setting" Starring Kaleigh of "get your hands off my asscher" fame.

I can see you heading for the e-ring settings but being distracted by a bomb? Nope! a dangerous foe? Not that either, but a Roberto Coin bracelet and perhaps a Rolex in the far left corner of the store.

Will she make it, will she buy something, will she come out alive? Will she find the right setting, will it be the perfect setting?
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 12:35:38 AM
Ha, ha, Kaleigh, I can just see it now, 'PS Mission Impossible Number 4: The Hunt for the elusive setting' Starring Kaleigh of 'get your hands off my asscher' fame.

I can see you heading for the e-ring settings but being distracted by a bomb? Nope! a dangerous foe? Not that either, but a Roberto Coin bracelet and perhaps a Rolex in the far left corner of the store.

Will she make it, will she buy something, will she come out alive? Will she find the right setting, will it be the perfect setting?
2.gif
Hehe, you know me too well. Lord help me. I'm going in with blinders on and heading right for the Ritani section. No watches, no Roberto Coin. Not even gonna take a peak. Yeah right.... LOL!!
31.gif
27.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 12:35:38 AM
Ha, ha, Kaleigh, I can just see it now, ''PS Mission Impossible Number 4: The Hunt for the elusive setting'' Starring Kaleigh of ''get your hands off my asscher'' fame.

2.gif

LOL LOL LOL-Butterfly, you are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
butterfly you are too funny. Kaleigh, thanks for your sweet offer
13.gif
that would be great if they have the ''blingier setting'' for you to look at and compare.

I may just have to figure out a way to get back up to Pearlmans before this is all said and done
31.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Any news on your setting choice? Can''t wait to see what you end up with!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 4:20:06 PM
Author: wallermama
Any news on your setting choice? Can't wait to see what you end up with!

unfortunately no real progress yet
7.gif
. I just cannot decide what I want. I'm still waiting for Bill to get in the new memoire rings because I'd like to see them. I love the eternity sets and with a slightly modified head could be a real contender. I saw the pics of lucky's e-ring with her 1.6 stone on the eternity band and it's so gorgeous. I absolutely LOVE the Ritani, LOVE the head, love how dainty the bands are b/c it would really showcase the center stone, but am not sure that I don't want something more blingy. then i see the yummy solitaires with eternity bands and think I should just go classic. So, i guess it's good i've kinda got it narrowed down to 3?? Hubby and I are planning a trip to Chicago this fall. If I haven't made a decision by then
32.gif
I'm going to plan to get up to Pearlmans for another in person viewing.

thanks for asking
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bumping this thread to answer KD''s question
1.gif

Date: 8/22/2006 10:00:23 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Not to thread-jack but I couldn''t resist. MrsS....are you thinking of having Leon set your ring into the 3-stone with pear sides design??
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
Spill woman!!! (or better yet, start a new thread please!) By the way, I think a delicate diamond band would look beautiful with your stone, MrsS....what''s the mm width of the band you''re thinking of?

not much to spill but I did call Leon for a quote last week
27.gif
. I actually wanted to talk to you more about your setting. I saw in a thread where you said you wished you went will higher color pears which makes me wonder if I should go with F''s since my stone in a G. I''m wondering though if it''s a low G since it was graded and H the first time around so I''d be ok with G pears. as for the diamond band, the one I tried on at tiffany''s was 7 pointers which completed the stone nicely. I''m not sure the width, guessing somewhere around 3.5mm????

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Another potential Leon 3-stone!
9.gif

Yes, my pears do show a little more warmth than I would''ve liked, but they have really grown on me and don''t bother me as much anymore. 95% of the time that I glance down on my ring, I don''t even notice the slight, slight, slight difference. It''s VERY subtle. I think G pears would''ve matched my H round more perfectly and if budget weren''t an issue, I''d have gotten G pears in the same size as my current pears, but I wanted the size and had to make a trade-off so I stayed with the Hs.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Mrs. S, I have a shared prong band with 7, .o7''s and the stones measure roughly 2.5ishmm and the whole ring is almost 3mm wide. Hope that helps. This sounds like a beautiful combo! I am SOOOOO glad that you are close. I have followed your saga and am so glad that things are rolling along.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
The thing that makes me nervous is knowing how picky I am and hearing that Leon isn''t always very receptive to complaints if something is a tiny bit off
5.gif
. I trust is artistic eye but since he doesn''t make the settings himself and perfection isn''t always acheived in handmade pieces, i''m wary. But, I may just have to go for it
9.gif

your ring looks pretty dang perfect in the pictures
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsS -- I felt that same apprehension with Leon too. But this is a very simple ring, and I''d worry more about perfect craftmanship if it were an intricate and detailed pave number....in that case, I''d prefer and insist that Leon make the ring himself. Even though Leon didn''t make my ring himself, the setting is perfect, the polish is perfect, there are no holes or scratches to speak of. And all 3 stones were set low as possible, as I requested. Basically, everything that I asked for, I got. When I first got the ring, I thought there might be a scratch on the inside surface of the shank, but it turned out to be some sticky adhesive that wiped right off.

OK, I''ll stop sounding like a commercial for Leon and end my reply right here.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 10:21:17 AM
Author: Mokey
Mrs. S, I have a shared prong band with 7, .o7''s and the stones measure roughly 2.5ishmm and the whole ring is almost 3mm wide. Hope that helps. This sounds like a beautiful combo! I am SOOOOO glad that you are close. I have followed your saga and am so glad that things are rolling along.

thanks monkey, that helps a lot. I really hope things get moving along. this has taken way to long and once I decide, the setting has to be made and then hubby gets it to give to me when he chooses
23.gif
. I just love so many settings as you can see from this thread and I''ve become paralized in making a decision. I''m leaning toward the 3-stone because it is such a classic beauty and very different than my solitaire. I also want something I can throw in the ultrasonic and not worry about all the time, which I''d do with pave. You all have been so patient and helpful through my journey. not sure what i''m going to do when it''s over...oh yeah, upgrade my studs, RHR project
27.gif
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 10:30:20 AM
Author: KristyDarling
MrsS -- I felt that same apprehension with Leon too. But this is a very simple ring, and I''d worry more about perfect craftmanship if it were an intricate and detailed pave number....in that case, I''d prefer and insist that Leon make the ring himself. Even though Leon didn''t make my ring himself, the setting is perfect, the polish is perfect, there are no holes or scratches to speak of. And all 3 stones were set low as possible, as I requested. Basically, everything that I asked for, I got. When I first got the ring, I thought there might be a scratch on the inside surface of the shank, but it turned out to be some sticky adhesive that wiped right off.

OK, I''ll stop sounding like a commercial for Leon and end my reply right here.
3.gif

thanks KD, that is very good to know and reassuring.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Well, it is easy to stand by someone and help someone that is actually going to make a decision and is not a PITA about it! You have EXCELLENT taste and I don''t think you could make a bad decision no matter how you go. I am just excited that you are so close!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be amazing and I am thrilled for you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Mrs. S - I must compliment you on your current stone - it looks gigantic on your teeny hand! Your 3.5 ring size must explain it - I thought it was 3 carats, no joke! I am dying to see what your upgrade looks like when you get it - I would love to have tiny little hands like yours! Can''t wait to see what you decide on!
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Progress on your ring - how exciting for you Mrssalvo!!! Keep us posted every step of the way.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I am afraid of is that I might wish I had done the same thing!!! I think it is a great choice!

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I can''t wait to see it. I just posted in Ries''s thread that this is my dream ring too. Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results