shape
carat
color
clarity

New Member...I need your help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
Hey Ya''''ll! My name is Kristin, I''''m from Missouri. Recently, the other half and I went on the much awaited engagement ring shopping trip. We went to almost every jeweler in the area and couldn’t find "the" ring, well, until we opened up the pages of the "Modern Jeweler" magazine at a local jeweler. It’s either the July or August issue that has the ring of my dreams. It''''s a tension set diamond ring that is VERY modern and VERY unique. It’s one of those rings that you have to see to get a description. If any of you get the magazine I’m sure you know exactly which ring I’m talking about. The problem is I can’t get my hands on a copy of the magazine, the jeweler won’t copy the page for me, I can’t remember the designer’s name (I think it was German) and the editor of the magazine won’t sell me the single issue.

My plea to anyone who receives the magazine...is to PLEASE help me get my hands on a picture of my dream ring or the name/number of the designer. I’ve looked on the website of Modern Jeweler...but unfortunately they don’t have the article/advertisement/picture posted on their site.

PLEASE HELP!!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/20/2006 11:42:51 PM
Author:M155_L337
Hey Ya''ll! My name is Kristin, I''m from Missouri. Recently, the other half and I went on the much awaited engagement ring shopping trip. We went to almost every jeweler in the area and couldn’t find ''the'' ring, well, until we opened up the pages of the ''Modern Jeweler'' magazine at a local jeweler. It’s either the July or August issue that has the ring of my dreams. It''s a tension set diamond ring that is VERY modern and VERY unique. It’s one of those rings that you have to see to get a description. If any of you get the magazine I’m sure you know exactly which ring I’m talking about. The problem is I can’t get my hands on a copy of the magazine, the jeweler won’t copy the page for me, I can’t remember the designer’s name (I think it was German) and the editor of the magazine won’t sell me the single issue.

My plea to anyone who receives the magazine...is to PLEASE help me get my hands on a picture of my dream ring or the name/number of the designer. I’ve looked on the website of Modern Jeweler...but unfortunately they don’t have the article/advertisement/picture posted on their site.

PLEASE HELP!!
32.gif
Hi !

I know of 2 designers who are well known in the industry for making tension set rings.

(1) Kretchmer
(2) Gelin & Abaci

Do a search in Google and hit images and I am sure you will find the ring your lookinng for. Both companies have excellent lines of tension set rings. They are spendy though...
35.gif

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
(1) Kretchmer
(2) Gelin & Abaci

I know of both designers. However, it''s neither of them. This ring isn’t any ordinary tension set ring. It’s unique in every way possible, and it’s resizable!

I wish I had a photographic memory. If I didn’t live two hours away from the jeweler, I’d go back

7.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Did you call the jeweler and ask? If s/he refused to tell you, that''s terrible. If that''s the case and nobody here can help you, I''d drive back there the next time it''s convenient, announce that you''re ready to buy a super huge expensive diamond and the setting, ask to see the page again just to tickle your fancy as you decide what gazillion dollar diamond to buy, MEMORIZE it this time
1.gif
, then excuse yourself to "make a phone call" outside, hop in your car and drive away.

Can you describe the setting a bit more?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
^^^ Or just take a pic with a digital camera or camera phone. Then post the pic here for us to help ID it.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boone is another tension setting brand. Good luck, I hope you find it. That picture above is really cool by the way.

M155_L337

Rough_Rock
OH MY!!

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

yes, that's my ring ^_^

you guys rock me.

I looked all over that website for that ring, how did you guys find it?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results