shape
carat
color
clarity

Bad Girdle Thickness? Should I care?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sundevil16

Rough_Rock
I understand what girdle thickness is, but I am unsure as to how much it should affect the cost of a princess cut diamond.

Very thin to very thick (considered avg.) and Extremely thin to extrmely thick (considered below avg.) Is it really a big deal? Should I shy stay away from diamonds that end in "Exremely thick?"

Please advise. THANKS!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
basically yes but v-thin to anything can be a problem.
depends on what and how much is very thin.
Some insurance companies have even discussed not covering them with v-thin anything but it hasn''t went anywhere yet.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What strm said, plus, once you get past slightly thick, the stone is just hiding weight in there, and won''t face up as large as it should.

Try to get one, or a combo of these. Thin, Medium, Slightlly Thick.

sundevil16

Rough_Rock
Storm and Ellen,

Thanks so much for the tip... and I understand the aspect of hiding weight, but could somebody please tell me why an insurance company would not cover a very thin girdle???

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/12/2008 11:23:54 AM
Author: sundevil16
Storm and Ellen,

Thanks so much for the tip... and I understand the aspect of hiding weight, but could somebody please tell me why an insurance company would not cover a very thin girdle???
greater risk of chipping

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results