shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of my engagement ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful ring
30.gif
love the H VS2 combo
36.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 8:33:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
beautiful ring turtle, i love sheldon speyer and the diamond looks huge on you.

..and I know Randy Barker too. he consigned my grandmother's ring for my parents. maybe we can plan a mid. tn GTG?
Thanks DF!

mrssalvo -- thanks to you as well. Randy was definitely the nicest and most helpful person we visited in our searching.

Hmmm, wonder how many of us mid-TN people there are? I don't know that my FI would go for it -- he already thinks I'm nuts for continuing to spend time on this forum after we've made the purchase. So meeting people IRL from an online forum may not be in the cards. He wasn't even too keen on me posting pics. Men! He didn't realize that it is a requirement to share!
21.gif
But I still have a wedding band to decide on, right? (not to mention diamond studs ... hehehehe -- I've gone from a girl with no jewelry interest to one with some specific desires. Poor guy didn't know what he was getting himself into when he told me he wanted me to choose what I wanted for my e-ring since I was the one who had to wear it for the rest of my life.)

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very very nice!

Judy
:)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Turtle, I don't think there are very many from TN on here
7.gif
. I understand about FI being leery of a GTG, my hubby is the same way. oh-well. maybe once the new Tiffany's opens up we can have a mrssalvo/turtledazzle get together at the mall
9.gif

congrats on your ring. randy had a sheldon speyer ring with half moons that i was in love with at one time. he does have gorgeous stones and is one of the few jewelers to own an idealscope. I actually heard about him from listening to Dave Ramsey
1.gif
. congrats again on your engagement and we do hope you'll stick around.

TikiG

Rough_Rock
Turtledazzle,

Do you know if your shank mounting has the antiquing or is it the high polished version?

Sheldon needs to know which one I want. :)

After searching forever, I saw a ring style of his I liked. Did some searches and came across yours which I like even better. You have the best ring.

Engagement ring. I'm excited. (and I'm not even going to be the one wearing it, lol.)

Thanks,

TikiG

If anyone else can determine this from the pictures, let me know thanks. Apparently the pic on his site has the antiquing if this helps...

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Turtledazzle and Mrs Salvo-please do let me know if you end up planning a mid-TN GTG-I''m a fellow Nashvillian:)

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 5:40:27 PM
Author: TikiG
Turtledazzle,

Do you know if your shank mounting has the antiquing or is it the high polished version?

Sheldon needs to know which one I want. :)

After searching forever, I saw a ring style of his I liked. Did some searches and came across yours which I like even better. You have the best ring.

Engagement ring. I''m excited. (and I''m not even going to be the one wearing it, lol.)

Thanks,

TikiG

If anyone else can determine this from the pictures, let me know thanks. Apparently the pic on his site has the antiquing if this helps...
Thanks so much for the compliments, TikiG!

As for the antiquing, I assume you mean the engraving and milgraining? If so, yes. My ring has engraving and milgrain. It looks like the pic on Sheldon Speyer''s website (style #904, select engagement rings, then the number three -- mine is the one at the top ~ such a hard site to navigate). You can see the engraving and milgrain in the third picture I posted. In the last pic I posted, you can see the sides of the ring has a little engraving as well ~ but just little dots, as the ring isn''t very thick.

I really like the engraving, in that it is unique (it isn''t the standard scrolls or wheat). The lady at the jewelry store described it as kind of art deco, but I never saw anything like it on other rings. I think the engraving is supposed to go around about half of the ring -- on mine it goes around a bit further than that because my ring size is 3.5. The bottom of the ring is plain (polished), with sort of a very easy knife edge on it. I''m not sure if I am using the right terminology, but I think it is designed this way for comfort -- I do find it very comfortable, and I never wore rings before getting my e-ring.

If I find the time before I have to go out of town, I''ll try to post more pics of the engraving so you can see it better. I only saw a couple of Sheldon Speyer rings, and they all had engraving so I don''t know what the highly polished version would look like. I really gravitated toward the engraved rings!

Good luck and definitely post pics of your ring when it is finished!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pics.

Looking at the engraving, with the ring on my finger:

turtle_engraving_fingershot.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Another, in the ring box (forgive the crappy lighting):

turtle_engraving_closeup.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
And one last one to show you the bottom. You can kind of see that bottom edge I was talking about in these last pictures. It starts where the engraving ends. I find the ring very comfortable to wear.

turtle_bottom.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
VERY lovely! Congrats!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Turtle, your ring is just gorgeous. Congrats and best wishes.

shay

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful setting you have. So classic yet antique. Wear it in good health.

TikiG

Rough_Rock
TurtleDazz,

Thanks, I appreciate the quick post.

Those are great pics. I've requested the antiquing. (I might email Sheldon and ask for a pic of the high polish, it would be interesting to see. I bet it's a really nice look as well.)

-TikiG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring :) Our settings are very similar... :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2006 6:06:50 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty
Turtledazzle and Mrs Salvo-please do let me know if you end up planning a mid-TN GTG-I''m a fellow Nashvillian:)

just saw this SK. don''t know if we''ll plan something or not. have you been to the new Tiffany''s yet
31.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, lovely ring! I adore the claw prongs, millgrained bezel set baguettes & engraving, not to mention your stunning diamond! What a perfect combination!
36.gif

TikiG

Rough_Rock
TurtleDazz,

One last question, are the prongs standard or did they claw/taper them for you?

I saw on another post that you mentioned something about trying to get them to be not "rounded'.

I like the way yours look.

-TikiG

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2006 10:43:02 AM
Author: TikiG
TurtleDazz,

One last question, are the prongs standard or did they claw/taper them for you?

I saw on another post that you mentioned something about trying to get them to be not ''rounded''.

I like the way yours look.

-TikiG
Thanks to all for the additional compliments!

I had the diamond set locally, and had seen some pictures of previous rings that the jeweler had set. I specifically asked for the prongs to be tapered and delicate like a ring he had previously done. I didn''t like the ''bulbous'' look of the prongs in the picture on Sheldon Speyer''s website as much as the tapered look (just my personal preference, though).

I hope you love your ring -- do post pics as soon as you have it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results