shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher lovers, post ur fave e-rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh Lauren, you may have helped me out there. The micro pave round they have there, the smaller of the tcw, seems pretty close to the Ritani. Now I just have to see photos of both to check out the difference. I''ll mention that on the other thread I started on being Ritaniless in Europe and having an OEC to set!

For now I''m going to see if I can manage to post pix of my ering: 1.17, D/VVS1, fab cut NiceIce ering. (They were sweet to work with.)

Well, it''s uploaded, no to see if it''ll post. It''s 6x6mm, the traps are about 3mm long and they are more or less channel set, I say more or less because I like the way the plat washes up to them..... hmmmm, hard to explain.

Negatives, well, I''m starting to miss a little extra bling, and the shoulders aren''t exactly symmetrical. I couldn''t face shipping it all the way back from europe and then having to fight my side against customs here that we shouldn''t have to pay import (21% again when it came back) aaaaand dh was reluctant to go the internet route in the first place so I didn''t want to complain. It''s not something anyone else would see, but I do. Having said that, it is a lovely ring and I would never have found such a spectacular stone elsewhere. The appraisers were very positive.

Yeeeah, I love
30.gif
step cuts!!!!!
Abi

e r53ing.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous split shank!

E5L.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Just for fun (!), I tried on that split-shank -- amazing!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh Laughinggravy, your ring is just to die for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first saw an Asscher, it was on one of my b/f''s colleague''s e-rings. Very similar to yours with the step cut traps and I just adored it!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the royal asschers found in estate jewelry but this one ain''t too shabby.

RG20444.jpg

laughinggravy

Shiny_Rock
Lauren thank you.
35.gif

I think I''m going to use one of the asscher setting, I agree about the dec/modern touch - but I''m going to use it for the most fab Princess!!! I''ve just been to Infinity in Antwerp (Paul''s business) and my God...they were like nothing you''ve seen before. He''s got a new way of cutting Princesses and they are to die for! I was so not a Princess gal, but...phewww.

I''m going to post more on that later in a new thread.

About my photos, actually, the same ole same ole, but the shots really don''t do it justice. It''s a line we often hear but it is the very devil to take photos of diamonds. I have so much admiration for those who can.

These look dead because it was the old ''hand-on-scanner'' technique and you just don''t get any real pyrotechnics going that way. It is a blaze of colour in the sun and I hypnotise myself going through the colours. I have an early morning student, 7:30-9am and he has halogen lighting in his office. There have been times when I have just been turning my hand a fraction to make the red go to orange when I really should have been noting down the errors he was making
23.gif
. In my own defence I do snap out of it pronto when ever I notice I''m doing it!!!

Anyhow, thank you, I appreciated your comments. I''m a lucky lady ring and more importantltly guy-wize!

Abi
1.gif

donatella

Rough_Rock
hello everyone,

here is a picture of my engagement ring, it is a 2.27 carat asscher and the ring is designed by Renaissance Platinum. my fiance bought it at protea diamonds (in arlington) and he said the prices and service were great, they were very helpful to him when choosing the ring and apparently they have a great selection of diamonds and settings.

im also going to post a side view of the ring, i love it and i cant wait to go look at the wedding bands. did any of you get your rings there or hear about them before?

eng ring.JPG

donatella

Rough_Rock
here is the side view of the ring!
1.gif

eng ring side.JPG

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Donatella, what a gorgeous ring!!! (It kind of looks like a radiant? from the top-down shot, but that's probably just the angle?) Anyway, it's stunning, and your FI did an AMAZING job--what a stunning stone/setting/ring!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Donatella,
Your ering is amazing!!
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
donatella,
your ring is
18.gif
just beautiful!! you should start your own ring thread and add more more more pics!!
36.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren,
Who designed this ring & what''s the website?
I really like this. Do you think you can put a wedding band with it?
Hmmmm
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 10:22:40 AM
Author: jorman
Lauren,
Who designed this ring & what''s the website?
I really like this. Do you think you can put a wedding band with it?
Hmmmm
9.gif

Jorman - it''s from www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com . . . their new micropave collection. These rings are uber-yummy . . . I''m just waiting for someone to order one so we can hear feedback about the quality.

iwanna

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a quick question for anyone has used Georgia Diamond Corporation. I am helping my best friend''s future fiance pick out her ring. We are having it custom made at GDC, has anyone else done this? If so, have you been happy with your results?

My best friend saw a Michael Beaudry ring she liked in a magazine and we are having it copied. I''m sure it will turn out OK, I am just a little nervous. It is very expensive and because the mounting is custom it cannot be returned.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2005 12:30:32 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Gorgeous split shank!

E5L.jpg
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS ONE..

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 3:43:59 PM
Author: donatella
hello everyone,

here is a picture of my engagement ring, it is a 2.27 carat asscher and the ring is designed by Renaissance Platinum. my fiance bought it at protea diamonds (in arlington) and he said the prices and service were great, they were very helpful to him when choosing the ring and apparently they have a great selection of diamonds and settings.

im also going to post a side view of the ring, i love it and i cant wait to go look at the wedding bands. did any of you get your rings there or hear about them before?
I am NOT an asscher person but I almost had a heart attack when I saw this ring!! It is AMAZING. Are there any close-ups of the details anywhere?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 9:32:38 AM
Author: scarlet16
I am NOT an asscher person but I almost had a heart attack when I saw this ring!! It is AMAZING. Are there any close-ups of the details anywhere?

Don''t get TOO excited!
2.gif
IMO, that''s *not* an Asscher. And Donatella hasn''t posted since May. Wonder when she realized it wasn''t an Asscher?
23.gif
33.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t look like a true asscher to me either. It looks like some kind of a radiant-asscher cross to me.
33.gif

Kaylyn

Shiny_Rock
My favorite:

Breathless-Asscher-Diamond-Ring--1.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

msjosi

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/3/2006 7:33:15 PM
Author: iwanna
Hi,

I have a quick question for anyone has used Georgia Diamond Corporation. I am helping my best friend''s future fiance pick out her ring. We are having it custom made at GDC, has anyone else done this? If so, have you been happy with your results?

My best friend saw a Michael Beaudry ring she liked in a magazine and we are having it copied. I''m sure it will turn out OK, I am just a little nervous. It is very expensive and because the mounting is custom it cannot be returned.
Hi Iwanna,
I saw your post and had to join this website to reply to you. My boyfriend and I are currently having my ring custom designed at GDC. So far I have been extremely happy with all their help by the quick responses my jeweler has been getting and their terrific suggestions. Mine will be based off a Toby Rhinehart design, but we are making changes here and there to get it exactly how I want it. GDC has been sending my jeweler a few different rings that closely match all my likes so I can get a perfect idea of everything and my jeweler knows 100% where im coming from. Luckily we have the center stone already, but I do agree it is quite expensive, but Im sure it will be well worth it:) Let me know how it goes and I''ll keep ya posted.

Giada

Shiny_Rock
I love this ring! I tried on a similar ring in a New Orleans antique shop and it was just mesmerizing!

acher wantiqe setting.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results