shape
carat
color
clarity

Mum'' s 70th Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I haven't started a post in months mainly because work has been consuming me....but something came up that needs my attention......my mum is turning 70!

I am the youngest of 4 but somehow I seem to be the one driving the gift ideas (probably because I live thousands of miles away!)

I am in the US and my mum is in the north of England (near Manchester) /UK. I am tring to think of gift ideas?

So far I have:

Day trip on the Orient Express (Northern Belle ....UK)
Spa ( she mentioned this)
Bling .....she wears gold so if you suggest this you have to show me examples!
a 70 year old bottle of something eg port or wine
cooking class with Michelin chef (I have enquired at a local restaurant)
Digital camera - eg Kodak with dock easy for 70 year old!

So far that is is....am I missing something?

PS Budget I would say up to $1000 but more the thought that counts!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those all sound like great gifts!

Just based on your post my inclination would be the spa pampering becuase your mum mentioned it.

The cooking class with the Michelin chef sounds really good too (I''m assuming she likes to cook--has she ever taken a class before?)

The digital camera is also a fab option if she''s an avid picture taker. And anything that makes technology simpler I think would be appreciated no matter what her age!

SO MANY wonderful ideas--can I call you and Christmas and have you organize my gift list, LOL!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to agree with Dee Jay--since your mother suggested the spa idea, it seems like the most pleasing. As a jewelry fanatic, my second choice would be a gift certificate to her favorite jeweler so she could have a grand time choosing a nice piece. Good luck!
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2006 10:22:12 PM
Author:mightyred
Hi everyone,

I haven''t started a post in months mainly because work has been consuming me....but something came up that needs my attention......my mum is turning 70!

I am the youngest of 4 but somehow I seem to be the one driving the gift ideas (probably because I live thousands of miles away!)

I am in the US and my mum is in the north of England (near Manchester) /UK. I am tring to think of gift ideas?

So far I have:

Day trip on the Orient Express (Northern Belle ....UK)
Spa ( she mentioned this)
Bling .....she wears gold so if you suggest this you have to show me examples!
a 70 year old bottle of something eg port or wine
cooking class with Michelin chef (I have enquired at a local restaurant)
Digital camera - eg Kodak with dock easy for 70 year old!

So far that is is....am I missing something?

PS Budget I would say up to $1000 but more the thought that counts!
I love all these ideas. The spa is key since she mentioned it. Love the 70 year old bottle of port or wine, that''s really special. You have put a lot of thought into this, sounds like you Mum will have a fab 70th birthday. Maybe you and your siblings can write her a special poem that reveals her gifts and your birthday wishes for her?? Just a thought....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results